Co-Op Event 19: Shadow of Andross
|Co-Op Event 19|
Shadow of Andross
|Official description||It's a fierce attack by Andross and Wolf. Take them, Team Star Fox!|
|Character(s) used||Fox (1P) (1 stock)|
Falco (2P) (1 stock)
|Opponent(s)||Wolf (1 stock)|
Andross (Assist Trophy)
|Music||Break Through the Ice|
Shadow of Andross (アンドルフの影, Shadow of Andorf) is the 19th co-op event match out of a total of 21 in Super Smash Bros. Brawl. As Fox and Falco, the players must KO Wolf in the Lylat Cruise stage, while getting attacked by and having to avoid the Assist Trophy character Andross.
- This event is a reference to the fact that Wolf and Andross are the main villains of the Star Fox universe.
- This is the first time an Assist Trophy character is on the stage permanently. This concept was later revived in certain Spirit Battles in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate as Assist Trophy enemies.
- Furthermore, the concept of Andross endlessly shooting tiles at the player is revived in Ghast's, Commander's and his Star Fox 64 3D spirit battle.
- This event appears to be the inverse of single player Event 38: The Wolf Hunts the Fox, where instead of using Wolf to defeat Fox and Falco, the players use Fox and Falco to defeat Wolf.
- This event is similar to Melee's event Event 29: Triforce Gathering, where two characters (the main protagonists) team up to defeat a villain (the main antagonist) from any specific game of their own universe.