From SmashWiki, the Super Smash Bros. wikiJump to navigationJump to search
- Neutral attacks (officially known as standard attacks), attacks performed by pressing the button(s) assigned to the attack function (the A button in most control schemes) while one's character is standing still and the control stick or d-pad is in a neutral position.
- Tilt attacks (formerly officially known as strong attacks), ground attacks performed by lightly pushing and holding, or "tilting", the control stick or D-pad in a direction and pressing the attack button. Attacking while the character is walking also results in a tilt attack.
- Smash attacks, first chargable in Melee are attacks performed by holding the attack button, then "tapping" the control stick/D-pad as the button is released. In Brawl, the control stick can be pushed in order to execute an immediate smash attack in any of the four regular directions.
- Aerial attacks (officially air attacks or midair attacks), any attack performed in midair (using the A button) that is not a special move.
- Dash attacks, any non-special attack performed while the character is running.
- Throws, attacks where a character who has grabbed an opponent ends the grab by propelling the opponent away, and pummels, attacks where a character who has grabbed an opponent inflicts damage on the opponent without ending the grab.
- Get-up attacks include floor attacks, which are attacks performed when a character is sitting or lying on the ground, and edge attacks, which are attacks performed while recovering from an edge hang.
- Special moves, whereof some are special attacks, which are attacks activated by pressing the special move button (the B button in most control schemes) along with a direction. Note that not all special moves are attacks.
|Attacks in the Super Smash Bros. series|
|Standard ground attacks||Neutral attack · Dash attack|
|Tilt attacks||Forward tilt · Up tilt · Down tilt|
|Smash attacks||Forward smash · Up smash · Down smash|
|Aerial attacks||Neutral aerial · Forward aerial · Back aerial · Up aerial · Down aerial · Grab aerial · Glide attack|
|Throws||Grab · Pummel · Forward throw · Back throw · Up throw · Down throw|
|Get-up attacks||Floor attack · Edge attack|
|Special moves||Neutral special move · Side special move · Up special move · Down special move · Command-input move · Final Smash|