If you wish to make a new proposal, please do so at the bottom of the page under a new section header.
Remember to sign your comments with ~~~~
Competitive Play Section Order
I think the "Tier placement and history" section should go above the "Notable players" section. Having the players' names listed first wouldn't help anyone who doesn't know how the character does competitively or even who the players are. 20:30, March 12, 2023 (EDT)
- While I don't really mind either way, I disagree with your point since I feel like most players who look at this section want to know or care more about who a character's best players are rather than a character's competitive history. CookiesCreme 20:52, March 12, 2023 (EDT)
- I don't see how having the players listed before the competitive history won't help people know how the character does competitively, if anything knowing about the players first and their accomplishments will make it easier to understand their competitive history. From a readers' perspective, knowing who plays Ness and their past accomplishments beforehand will let me better understand how good those players are when reading the character's competitive history, and overall gives more context to how good Ness really is. Omega Toad, the Festive Shiny Litten. (Seasons greetings!) 21:11, March 12, 2023 (EDT)
A page about every time Smash franchise referenced an upcoming release.
- This is too unspecific and purposeless to support. What notable instances are you referring to, and what would the page even be named? FunkyGrip2000 (talk) 05:04, January 11, 2024 (EST)
Remove game title mentions from Ultimate newcomers' special move page openings
I've been thinking about removing the mentions of game titles from the opening sentences of special moves used by newcomers from Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. This does not concern special moves that are changed over the course of the series and their respective replacements (e.g. Chain and Burst Grenade), and Young Link's Triforce Slash and Pichu's Volt Tackle are a whole other can of worms.
As an example, the opening sentence of Ridley's Plasma Breath would be changed from:
- Plasma Breath (リドリーブレス, Ridley Breath) is Ridley's neutral special move in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.
As it is now, these mentions of Super Smash Bros. Ultimate come across as not uniform with moves from prior games, and redundant with the header icons also listing the subject's appearance(s). I had attempted similar removals in the past with the reason of future-proofing, but Black Vulpine shut that idea down. Still, even in the extreme case Ultimate is the last Smash game, I'd rather have all the special move pages look nice and uniform. Then again, I have a major case of OCD, and it's probably just a me problem... What do any of you think? ShootingStar7X (talk) 22:25, January 24, 2024 (EST)
- You have a point that this writing choice is inconsistent with prior series entries. I do not think removing it is beneficial for the individual pages, which is likely why Black Vulpine disagreed with the edits, but agree that being consistent across sections is ideal. Because this would be a widespread change, I think everyone would need to be on board with it (probably impossible), or would need to be officially added to the list of 'Things to do' etc.. FunkyGrip2000 (talk) 17:49, February 16, 2024 (EST)
- At the same time, removing these title mentions wouldn't be unbeneficial — there's numerous other context clues on these move pages to prove that the moves and their users have only been in Ultimate. EDIT: I don't think it would be that widespread, either — we're only looking at a modest handful of pages, and some of them already lack a title mention. ShootingStar7X (talk) 15:58, February 17, 2024 (EST)