Would people agree, until we have more clear-cut confirmation one way or the other, to include this character and its stage as elements from the Nintendo DS (universe)? Considering StreetPass Mii Plaza is pre-loaded on the 3DS... Miles (talk) 01:58, 5 December 2013 (EST)
- I would agree, expect for the fact that the DS and 3DS are different systems. It'd be like putting a GameCube icon on a Wii thing. Toomai Glittershine The Free 11:15, 5 December 2013 (EST)
Saw the Merge tag, and I agree that this should be Merged with Find Mii, since the Yellow Devil, who was explicitly confirmed as a boss-hazard, is part of the Wily Castle article.Nintendrone42 (talk) 14:10, 17 April 2014 (EDT)
I support this. I doubt there will be enough information for the Dark Emperor to warrant its own page.Berrenta (talk) 14:39, 17 April 2014 (EDT)
- There are also a few that don't, while a few of the ones that do show up in multiple games or stages. We still don't know what the Dark Emperor will do, and assuming that it's going to be like the Yellow Devil is a rather predictable speculation. MegaTron1XD 17:52, 17 April 2014 (EDT)
- The pattern with hazards getting their own pages seems to be only if they are recurring, like how the Arwings appear in Sector Z, Corneria, and I believe Venom. We don't explicitly know Dark Emperor as a boss-hazard, and even if it were, I would imagine boss-hazards would only get a page if Boss Battles mode returns, featuring them. Also I believe The Fish should get an article, imo, because it has now appeared in both Summit and Balloon Fight. Nintendrone42 (talk) 18:01, 17 April 2014 (EDT)
Bump x2. Anyone want to merge this? RoyboyX Talk 21:38, 4 May 2014 (EDT) I agree. Summit's fish and the Ultimate Chimera were merged into Summit and New Pork City, respectively. Funfroggies (talk) 22:47, 11 May 2014 (EDT)
- I still oppose. It would seem that background characters that have a large role as a hazard tend to get their own pages (Dialga and Cresselia). Dark Emperor appears to be having a major role in the stage, so I think he should stay. ChuckNorris 07:35, 12 May 2014 (EDT)
I support this staying as it's own page, the dark emperor has been referenced by Mr. Sakurai himself as a "Boss Character" and I think all characters, major or minor should have pages. ToxicOJ 22:30 July 28 2014 (EDT)
Flag for deletion?
The page intended for this to be merged with appears to already have the same information contained within it. DO you think an admin should delete this page now? —Preceding unsigned comment added by Torden (talk • contribs) 18:24, May 28, 2014 (CDT)
- Now that I think about it, I'm certain there will be more info, enough to warrant it its own page, and since a lot of stage elements have their own pages, I'll say keep. Berrenta (talk) 08:17, 13 July 2014 (EDT)
Dark Emperor's status as a "Boss"
So, I was browsing through some of the list of trophies in Smash 4, and I noticed that 3 of the Smash 4 bosses (Yellow Devil, Ridley, and Metal Face) have their trophies listed under the "Enemy" category, yet Dark Emperor's trophy is categorized under "Stage" instead.
Now, you could argue that the former 3 are categorized that way because of their appearances in Smash Tour (Flying Man's trophy in for Wii U was categorized under "Enemy", despite being categorized under "Stage" in for Nintendo 3DS), but Yellow Devil's trophy in the 3DS version is still categorized under "Enemy" despite not making any appearances in that version outside of the Wily's Castle stage.
While the Trophy Gallery was never really consistent to begin with (for example, two enemies from the Find Mii series have their trophies categorized under "Stage" despite neither enemy ever appearing on the Find Mii stage), it makes me wonder if the Dark Emperor was supposed to be treated in the way as Yellow Devil or Metal Face. SuperSmashTurtles of the Turtle Tribe 20:51, August 29, 2020 (EDT)
- Personally, I think the Dark Emperor is not a boss in any way. It never interacts with the fighters beyond debuffs. Flying Man is more of a boss than Dark Emperor is in my opinion. This just puts the nail in the coffin. 22.214.171.124 23:42, August 29, 2020 (EDT)
- This section says otherwise:
- "The Dark Emperor will occasionally fly into the foreground, causing collision damage to nearby fighters and attacking with his roars. While the Dark Emperor deals minor contact damage, colliding with the Dark Emperor when he flies into the foreground or while he roars deals high knockback, making him dangerous near the sides of the stage. However, he can be defeated, which stuns him and grants stat boosts to whoever lands the final blow. After defeat, he will fly back into the background before respawning after a period of time." SuperSmashTurtles of the Turtle Tribe 00:37, August 30, 2020 (EDT)