- 1 Shellguard?
- 2 More Claw Swipes --> Punches
- 3 Changed the most?
- 4 Fireball
- 5 All alts confirmed by Famitsu.
- 6 Bowser's voice has been changed.
- 7 Bowser's Down Air
- 8 "Koopa Klaw"
- 9 Changes from Brawl to Wii U
- 10 VA
- 11 Bowser Bomb Shield Break?
- 12 Apologies for my edit summary.
- 13 Bowser's forward smash
- 14 Bowser's custom down (B).
- 15 Reopening a topic
Given this image along with its Miiverse caption of "Sonic, failure.", it's at least heavily implied that Bowser has some form of shell-based defense of currently unknown mechamism. Would saying something like that be too speculatory to put in the article? Toomai Glittershine The Multifaceted 12:07, 27 November 2013 (EST)
- There also seems to be a visual effect above Bowser. Seems like his shell defend ability from M&L BiS. I'd say don't add it in just yet though. Scr7(talk · contribs) 12:09, 27 November 2013 (EST)
- I'm with Scr7 on this one. Possible that's what Sakurai was going for, but it could just be a caption for humor's sake. We should hold off for now. Miles (talk) 12:43, 27 November 2013 (EST)
- In the Little Mac reveal trailer, Bowser is seen being shot by Mega Man from behind without flinching. Mega Mans mega buster shots are shown to cause flinching in earlier videos, so it seems a bit strange. It it worth mentioning in the article? Even if the shell doesnt provide knockback resistance from projectiles, it at least means Bowser has some level of base knockback resistance, something no characters have had before. FirstaLasto (talk) 14:07, 15 February 2014 (EST)
More Claw Swipes --> Punches
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OST5jvRKUe4#t=100 At around 1:38, you can see that Bowser's Jab has been changed from two Claw Swipes to two Punches, much like the page mentions his Down A neutrals have. Minor aesthetic change, I know, but worth mentioning anyway. burb
Changed the most?
Is it really accurate to say that now? Pit has had 3 of 4 special moves changed, Shiek, Zero Suit Samus & Charizard are now their own characters. Should the difference in his animations be emphasized instead? 188.8.131.52 13:22, 5 May 2014 (EDT)
- "Changed the most" includes everything, and with Bowser, he has been shown not only to have entirely new animations, but also a plethora of new moves (more than anyone else so far, including Pit), along with many apparent altered moves and new mechanics (like the armor). That's more changes than anyone else has been shown so far. Omega Tyrant 20:27, 5 May 2014 (EDT)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odUjMhc6YgU At 2:20, we can see Bowser spitting fireballs. This may be part of the customization of his Fire Breath move.
- That move is a faster version of Mario's Fire Orb move. The Smash Brotha (talk) 10:01, 31 July 2014 (EDT)
All alts confirmed by Famitsu.
Bowser's alts are green, black, yellow, dark green, white, purple, red and blue. Blue is likely based on the first drawings by him where he appeared as a blue tyrant rather than the green and orange we know him today.
Also, all of Bowser's taunts have been revealed; they are the same as Brawl.
Could this page be updated with those?
Bowser's voice has been changed.
Bowser's voice has changed, and his reused clips have been digitally enhanced.
At 4:40, his roar has definitely changed.
Bowser's Down Air
I'd like to note that Bowser's Down Air CAN Meteor Smash, though it is very risky to do and can easily lead to a suicidal attack, so it's best used at the edge, and since the player can control its trajectory while descending, he/she can prevent falling from the platform. On side note, I can't edit his page yet, because it's protected, but my account is older than four days, so I should technically be able to semi-edit... Why I can't? —Preceding unsigned comment added by El Rocky Raccoon (talk • contribs) 11:59, 11 October 2014 (EDT)
- One, can you prove (via video) that Bowser's d-air can meteor smash? Two, sign your comments with four tildes (~~~~). Third, in order to edit semi-protected pages, you need to be autoconfirmed; while you've been here for more than 7 days, you need to make at least 10 edits, which you haven't done. Rtzxy Smashing! 12:03, 11 October 2014 (EDT)
The custom special isn't called Koopa Klaw, it's called Dash Slash. 184.108.40.206 18:42, 11 October 2014 (EDT)
- Can confirm this, I didn't realize this hadn't been changed yet. Laikue (talk|contribs) 20:35, 11 October 2014 (EDT)
Changes from Brawl to Wii U
If anyone's still editing. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dmsndkum6fU&list=UUgnLC4DvPRcXHo4u605BKpw 220.127.116.11 08:12, 25 November 2014 (EST)
Eric Newsome does not voice Bowser in either Brawl or 3DS/Wii U. His sound clips are all sound effects generated by a computer. The only time Newsome has ever played Bowser was in SUPER PAPER MARIO.18.104.22.168
- No wonder why Bowser has no voice actor listed...and even if Bowser had a voice actor in Smash, the most likely candidate would be, according to this, Kenny James, who has voiced the King of Koopas for at least 7 years now. BlueStreak Speeds By 08:52, 9 January 2015 (EST)
- Exactly. Even his original actor, Scott Burns would get a better shot, and we all know he wasn't exactly the best. Fun fact: Kenny James actually voiced Bowser earlier than 2007. He first voiced him in SUPER MARIO STRIKERS in 2005, but only during the intro and even then, all the sounds being made made it hard to hear. GALAXY would be the first game James became semi-permanent (as Burns came and went in between titles, even co-voicing Bowser with James in GALAXY 2), and would wholly become permanent in 2010 after GALAXY 22.214.171.124.3
Bowser Bomb Shield Break?
- I believe the confusion stems from conflating several of Bowser Bomb's hitboxes; I think the shield break is only guaranteed if Bowser uses the move from the ground and the opponent shields all of the following: Bowser's upward jump, the aerial impact of the move on the shield, and Bowser's landing impact. Miles (talk) 15:12, 3 March 2015 (EST)
- https://youtu.be/cRnlYvWfmq0?t=45s Aerial Bowser Bomb shield break, so I guess it really needs to connect with all its hitboxes. Shadow (talk) 16:00, 28 May 2015 (EDT)
Apologies for my edit summary.
Bowser's forward smash
Bowser's custom down (B).
I can't tell if those 2 IPs are the same person, but anyway, I use Turbulent Bomb myself, and I really do find it successful. Not only does it push away recovering foes, but it can push foes away that try to attack you while you're "vulnerable." Unowninator (talk) 16:35, 7 March 2016 (EST)
Reopening a topic
About a year ago, back when I was a tyrannical, communally damaging idiot, I decided to question whether Bowser is actually more powerful than he was in Melee. We already know that the speed comparison to Brawl is accurate, but I think the other is a bit extreme. So without antagonizing innocent users, can someone please give me proof as to Bowser's power in this game vs Melee? Ganonmew, The Evil Clone 22:37, 6 June 2017 (EDT)
Uhhhh....that's not what I meant at all. I didn't mean viability (you'd be genuinely stupid to think that Bowser in Melee is better than Bowser in Smash 4), I meant raw attack power. Ganonmew, The Evil Clone 09:47, 5 July 2017 (EDT)