SmashWiki:Requests for rollback/Archive 3
This is an archive of rollback requests in chronological order.
So it's been a month since my m̶y̶ ̶c̶o̶m̶p̶l̶e̶t̶e̶ ̶f̶a̶i̶l̶u̶r̶e̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶a̶ ̶r̶e̶q̶u̶e̶s̶t̶. I'm hoping this request irons out the issues that were present last time.
- Result: Passed #1 and #2 were probably the same guy in the same timeframe but I think they're different enough to count separately. Toomai Glittershine The Emissary 06:33, 28 June 2017 (EDT)
- Result: Passed #1 is meh in a vacuum but a look at history shows the user already made a mess on the same page, so it's good. Toomai Glittershine The Irrepressible 20:48, 2 July 2017 (EDT)
- Result: Passed While the usage of edit summaries helps for these reverts, if someone were to have used rollback it wouldn't have been a problem. Toomai Glittershine The Resolute 06:28, 20 July 2017 (EDT)
If I may add something, there were several edits by another vandal I just did that could've been done with rollback. Leave a message if needed 13:27, 15 July 2018 (EDT)
- You need to have examples from more than just one user. All 3 of these are valid but because they are all from the same user, I can't pass this.
14:14, 15 July 2018 (EDT)
- Fixed up a bit, and also included some vandalism I reverted long ago. Leave a message if needed 14:18, 15 July 2018 (EDT)
- Result: Passed 14:24, 15 July 2018 (EDT)
First time trying for rollback, I hope it works.
- #1 - Memoryman coming back.
- #2 - There were edits in between, although that was before I realized what was going on.
- #3 - Self-explanatory.
- #4 - Obvious vandalism, especially since he cleared parts of the page after this.
- Also, I won't be online until the next day, so please don't fail me if I don't respond. SugarCookie420 (talk) 22:22, 20 January 2019 (EST)
- Your first link isn't vandalism per say, but given the user's checkered past, I'll accept it. Your second example is not a valid use of rollback because it requires an edit summary, and I would also be willing to assume good faith. It's very possible that the edit was just a mistake (could be a different tournament, but ended up editing the wrong article). That said I am passing this.
- Result: Passed 22:54, 20 January 2019 (EST)
- Your first example isn't really vandalism, it could easily just be a good faith user with a not-reliable source, or their own fan name. Either way, a revert is good, rollback would be questionable. That said...
- Result: Passed 22:54, 20 January 2019 (EST)
- Result: Passed 14:06, March 13, 2019 (EDT)
(contributions) 11:48, April 10, 2019 (EDT)
- Result: Passed 18:44, April 10, 2019 (EDT)
- Result: Passed #2 and #3 were the same vandal in the same timeframe, but the edits are different types of vandalism so I think it's okay. Toomai Glittershine The Rainbow 06:37, August 29, 2019 (EDT)
- Result: Passed 21:05, October 15, 2019 (EDT)
- #1 User is new and I'm tired of having to click through all of his edits after reviews. He had an issue earlier of providing a tier list edit with no notes provided. I have a suspicion that he will continue to do this and I want to maintain the integrity of previous edits made.
- #2 I remember there was an incident regarding IP changes based on whoever thinks is personally rated as "Professional" that started a debate that needed quite a few undoing. As well as the best in the "world" vs "America" should've been compressed as another incident on the smasher page.
- #3 I believe this incident could've been reverted after a lot of vandalism and personal attack occurred during these edits.
- I was wondering. What were some of the edits you were going to pointed out for #1 and #3? MHStarCraft 11:20, 30 January 2018 (EST)
- While he's not suppose to comment on these, Starcraft is right, I need something more specific for #1 and #3. Also please note that you have to be the one who did the revert, not someone else, which makes your #2 example invalid. 12:20, 30 January 2018 (EST)
- Ah I guess for now I'll have to find something more substantial to support my claims in the future. For now I'll take the penalty and defer my request for rollback til I find something more concrete. Thank you for your time. Lv20ninja (talk) 02:12, 31 January 2018 (EST)
- Result: Failed #1 and #3 were nonspecific examples, and #2 was not performed by the user 10:46, 31 January 2018 (EST)
- Result: Failed. Learn to follow directions. 15:04, July 4, 2019 (EDT)
- These are borderline at best. Provide another 3 that are more in the spirit of clear, unquestionable uses of rollback. Toomai Glittershine The Victorious 07:59, July 5, 2019 (EDT)
- Result: Failed. Given examples are too borderline to show understanding of the rollback tool. Toomai Glittershine The Obfuscating 08:29, July 6, 2019 (EDT)
- #2 and #2 continued Included 2 links because I edited the page on the assumption it was a good faith edit, before later noticing the obvious vandalism. The 2nd link is the one where I remove the vandalism.