Is it just me or was his up aerial at the end faster than before? 184.108.40.206 10:57, 1 October 2013 (EDT)
- We won't know until the game is released. We will have to do comparisons on both versions and update the article based on what we've observed. Dude10190 18:36, 3 October 2013 (EDT)
- 1 The official website
- 2 New pictures?
- 3 Chargable Spin Dash
- 4 Clarification
- 5 I'm not autoconfirmed, but I found something
- 6 About Sonic's new down smash...
- 7 Spin charge is multihit
- 8 Stronger up smash?
- 9 Changes from Brawl to Wii U
- 10 Question
- 11 Reused Clips in Smash 4
- 12 Sonic is being weaker in the DLC of SSB4
- 13 About Sonic's Spring Jump
- 14 Notable Players
The official website
If the Official Smash Site refers to him as Sonic the Hedgehog, then we, too, should call him Sonic the Hedgehog. Just saying. :) 220.127.116.11 12:55, 25 February 2014 (EST)
- It refers to him interchangeably as "Sonic" and "Sonic the Hedgehog", so we use one and note the other. Not complicated. Miles (talk) 13:00, 25 February 2014 (EST)
Chargable Spin Dash
Someone pointed this out on the Smashboards and they have a video of it, it looks like Sonic is charging his Spin Dash move. That would conflict with the information on his page stating this it is unchanged, no? —Preceding unsigned comment added by Johnnywellens (talk • contribs) 08:31, 21 April 2014
- ...Expect Spin Dash was fully chargeable in Brawl? Also sign your comments with four tildes ~~~~. Omega Tyrant 08:55, 21 April 2014 (EDT)
also Sonic's dash attack ends in a small slide kick, his spin dash short hop seems to hop faster, and his homing attack doesn't always arc like it did in brawl but smoothly flows.
I would like to clear up that Sonic's up and back throws, as well as the new d-smash, can be seen in this video. And the side tilt having more KO power was noted by one of the commentators in the Invitational. Nymbare and his talk 17:32, 11 June 2014 (EDT)
also Sonic's homing attack causes him to do a flip like in many of his games
I'm not autoconfirmed, but I found something
- Added Up Smash, thank you for the contribution, but I can't find the Side Smash in the video, when does it happen? Laikue (talk) 15:25, 27 June 2014 (EDT)
- I don't see it, sorry, also "1:25" isn't inconspicuous, I got the point from that. Laikue (talk) 18:43, 27 June 2014 (EDT)
Are you sure? Right when the Villager threw the killer eye! 18.104.22.168 21:06, 27 June 2014 (EDT)
About Sonic's new down smash...
Spin charge is multihit
- I mained Sonic in Brawl, and I can say that that is unchanged. Aidan the Gamer 13:10, 11 October 2014 (EDT)
Stronger up smash?
Changes from Brawl to Wii U
Here's the changes from Brawl to Wii U (since the 3DS made changes with updates) in case anyone still editing this articles would like to see. Also, his lip movements now matches what he says in English, regardless of the language setting, like in the modern SONIC games. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_R9bIrG8CBA 22.214.171.124
Reused Clips in Smash 4
My friend told me yesterday that apparently, in an interview, Roger Craig Smith said that he was never assigned to voice Sonic in Smash 4, hence why they ripped clips from Generations. Would this be notable enough to put in a trivia point? Aidan, Master of Speed and Aura 09:08, 1 May 2015 (EDT)
- While I don't doubt it given the prevalence of reused audio in Smash, having the interview linked would make it viable. Miles (talk) 09:15, 1 May 2015 (EDT)
Sonic is being weaker in the DLC of SSB4
I don't like the developers of the game because they are making some of my characters weaker, such as Sonic in SSB4. In SSBB, his up smash was weak, and in SSB4, it got stronger, but in the DLCs, it got weaker. Sonic was weak in SSBB and they're making him weaker in SSB4. The same goes for all of my characters, like Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, Kirby, Meta Knight, and King Dedede. Mario, Luigi, Peach, Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, Kirby, Meta Knight, and King Dedede's moves deal less damage than in SSBB. This just doesn't make any sense. The developers need to shape up. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 126.96.36.199 (talk • contribs) 23:47, 18 June 2015
- That's nice. Completely irrelevant and opinionated, but that's nice. 188.8.131.52 00:52, 19 June 2015 (EDT)
About Sonic's Spring Jump
Sonic can now re-use Spring Jump if he lands on it a second time. Let's say that he moves offstage to avoid an attack after bouncing once. In Brawl, that would have killed him. Since it's not true anymore, shouldn't it be considered a buff, rather than a change? Drill Blaster Mark 2 (talk) 15:13, 8 October 2015 (EDT)
I don't know if it was you I've been talking to, and I'm not sure how to use wiki with chatting. I'm just here so that you can put our ppl in he notable section the fact that you don't put notable players from norcal is pretty messed up. I'll speak for BliTz and say that in norcal he's well known, I've noticed you guys entered Jodi Bleek, he's from Norcal and even in the same crew as BliTz yet he's in it. BliTz hasn't gone to EVO but that shouldn't keep him from being on it. Here's a few links I could find of his progress http://challonge.com/ssmashing7 http://challonge.com/Ssmashing9 so you guys should add him to the notable characters you should also be added a few more from norcal like Teb, Legit and arikie as well as BliTz Ryo Inazuma (talk) 16:40, 6 January 2016 (EST)Kyle