User talk:Trainer Alex/Bug
- I think we need a template that shows when a bug was created, as there are a few instances of this occurring, and using change or bugfix templates just doesn't work very well. Alex the Jigglypuff trainer 08:25, March 24, 2019 (EDT)
- If we're tracking patch notes, it's important that we know when bugs are created and see how long it takes for them to be fixed, if at all Guybrush20X6 (talk) 09:56, March 24, 2019 (EDT)
- Using the bugfix template makes little sense because it's the complete opposite, and there are actually several cases of bugs/glitches being created for returning elements in new games (for example, the Flight of Ganon glitch, or Yoshi's grab in Brawl crashing the game if escaped too early), which aren't the same as intentional changes, so I agree this template is necessary. DracoRex, Creator of the Land 11:36, March 24, 2019 (EDT)
- I don't see why not. We already have bugfix, why not bug? SugarCookie 420 11:56, March 24, 2019 (EDT)
- I like it but I don't like the icon. We could maybe use the bugfix icon for this, and figure out something different for bugfixes. 14:01, March 24, 2019 (EDT)
- This has been sitting here for a while - does this mean we can implement it yet? Aidan, the Rurouni 11:48, April 30, 2019 (EDT)
- I support using something like this over the bugfix template for actual bugs. - EndGenuity (talk) 15:27, May 5, 2019 (EDT)
- Support. I like this idea. The one thing I want to say is that the bugfix icon color should be changed. When scrolling through pages I sometimes mistakenly think bugfixes are buffs, when often the exact opposite is the case. John HUAH! 01:02, May 9, 2019 (EDT)
- I Support. I think change isn’t descriptive for a creation of a bug. - MateNan (talk)
- I Support, I mean is there really anything bad about it? RobbyB3ll4s (talk)
- Support I believe a new bug template is a good idea. SupaToad64 19:39, June 22, 2019 (EDT)
- Support, I think this is a good idea too. Naughty🐽GRAND DAD 自閉肥宅 11:01, June 28, 2019 (EDT)
I have some questions:
- If people want there to be a different icon for "bug added" versus "bug removed", why is the suggested icon just a colour change? Colour alone is generally not ideal for this sort of thing.
- How many pages would this be expected to be used on?
- The intent seems to be for bugs introduced between updates to a single game. But what about bugs introduced between games? For example I feel it would be unhelpful to put on [Link (SSBM)] that the boomerang superjump now exists, since many of its elements didn't exist in the previous game; where would one draw the line?
- I think the colour change works fine, but I'd be completely open to a different design for it if someone can come up with one. The line would be exactly the same as the line for something being considered a glitch rather than an exploit, and there are quite a few pages it could be used on I'd say. Alex the Jigglypuff trainer 11:49, June 28, 2019 (EDT)
Alright I've created Image:NewBug.svg to use; it will be implemented at the same time the wiki icons are changed from .png to .svg. The rule will be "Only use this if the bug in question could have existed before.". Toomai Glittershine The Researcher 10:45, July 6, 2019 (EDT)