Talk:List of Super Smash Bros. series characters
Kill the "non-playable characters" section and rename this to List of playable Super Smash Bros. series characters
It's time we define this articles scope so we can quit having these long drawn out articles.13:49, 11 February 2019 (EST)
- Slight change to this proposal (if anyone who has already voted has a problem with it leave a comment below), This article is to be split into List of playable Super Smash Bros. series characters and List of non-playable Super Smash Bros. series characters. 18:58, 11 February 2019 (EST)
- Remove. According to the official Smash website, the playable characters are known as "fighters". I propose changing the name of the article to "List of Super Smash Bros. fighters". An article including all (or just the non-playable) characters in Smash could be made with this article's current title as a compromise. Smore (talk) 17:34, 11 February 2019 (EST)
- Support if and only if the non-playable characters receive their own article. If this is decided against, then I oppose. Alex the Jigglypuff trainer 17:38, 11 February 2019 (EST)
- Support, as long as we define character. Are Smash Run enemies considered characters? Subspace? WoL? If not, then why not? Why are boss characters counted then? If we were to list all the characters in the Smash series, this page'll be incredibly long. SugarCookie 420 17:36, 11 February 2019 (EST)
- This article would become only playable characters, another one created for nonplayables...this is more of a split than a move now that I think on it. 17:57, 11 February 2019 (EST)
- Definitely lop that section off into its own article. I made a section about this earlier (though without a vote), so of course I'm on board. We can hash out stuff like alternate characters and genders and what an NPC should be later, but if one thing gets done I'd want it to be that article getting sliced. (Also, I second Smore's idea of making this page into "Fighters" or "List of SSB fighters" or something of that nature.) Ahemtoday (talk) 02:26, 12 February 2019 (EST)
- Immence support The chart in this page has been moved to the page non-playable characters and it fits more on that page anyway. it just makes sense to have this page be exclusivly playable charecters.Xtra3678 (talk) 08:04, 25 February 2019 (EST)
- Support. A page for List of Super Smash Bros. fighters and a separate on with NPCs sounds good. The Character page could be left as a redirect. --Meester Tweester (talk) 18:39, 4 March 2019 (EST)
- Depends: I support this on the basis of two circumstances: that the non-playable characters get their own page, and that major alternate characters are listed under the main ones. Alternate characters are still playable, therefore deserve having a section here. Lou Cena (talk) 13:56, 11 February 2019 (EST)
- Would not be against having a nonplayable article. 13:57, 11 February 2019 (EST)
- We could also have a small section for background characters, and links to the Pokemon and AT list articles 14:11, 11 February 2019 (EST)
Customizable and Transformation
I wasn't hugely on board with those when they were added either, but I came around while I was editing their colors to be not-terrible.
- I presume the reason "Customizable" exists is because there's some debate as to whether Mii Fighters count as unlockable, considering you can create them immediately after starting the game. In any case, the "Customizable" background color is a subset of the unlockable color. It's like complaining the 3DS Unlockable color conflicts with the regular one.
- As for transformation characters, they're considered an extension of another character, so the character that actually has a CSS slot is the one that gets the color. Which makes sense to me: it's not like you can unlock Zelda and not Sheik.
I believe that the page non-playable character shows all the info on this page about npc's and more, and thus the info on this page should be removed. I also believe that this page should be moved to the page playable characters I would like to hear other peoples thoughts about this though before doing this.Xtra3678 (talk) 08:12, 25 February 2019 (EST)
Back to this topic again, as the draft appears to be done and implemented on non-playable characters and thus, it feels like it is the best idea to remove all npc information on this page, and move this pages address to List of playable Characters, or Playable Characters. Xtra Talk Edits 13:51, March 17, 2019 (EDT)
- I think the new name of this article should be Fighters (or Playable Characters), with List of fighters (or List of playable characters) redirecting to it. In the same respect, I believe List of Super Smash Bros. series characters, List of Characters, and Characters should redirect to a disambiguation page in case people are looking for Non-playable characters. Smore (talk) 21:42, March 23, 2019 (EDT)
I agree with the move. Since we split this page and the NPC page, we should clarify playability. Also, why on earth is this title so long right now? Instead of saying “List of...” just have it as “playable character” or “fighter”. Lou Cena (talk) 18:38, May 11, 2019 (EDT)
Should be Fighter. It's the term that's most often used to describe playable characters by official sources, and it's self-explanatory in regard to playability. --Burb (talk) 15:46, May 23, 2019 (EDT)