About the edit war over including Legacy CE
I tried looking uo the mod to download it, and I couldn’t find it anywhere. Either it’s fake, or it’s not notable enough. In either case, it shouldn’t be on this page or the Project M page. Lou Cena (talk) 13:06, March 23, 2019 (EDT)
- Well it even had a twitter  link with a discord group in it's description (with download links), so it's easy to verify it's not fake. SuperSmashFan (talk), the one who removed it, seems to be one of the devs of this mod and appearently doesn't want the mod to be featured here. About popularity, well it's certainly relatively small compared to the Legacy mods (hard to find a meassure, for example in the Legacy discord there are about 13.5 times more members). It's bigger than some other mods covered on this page, but they fill a niche that is not covered by something similar like Legacy XP (especially the today released Lite version) is to CE, so that might be reasonable to remove it. Patzui (talk) 14:01, March 23, 2019 (EDT)
Shaving off the less notable mods
I suggest we remove the less notable mods from this page. I understand that as a page for modifications in general, it should be allowed to go into detail on various notable mods, but some of these are pretty obscure. The following mods should be removed imo:
- Super Smash Bros. Hex - Abandoned early on and did not receive much recognition. The only recognition from notable players that it did receive was in the form of negative criticism and/or backlash.
- Smash 2 - Seems like at it's best, it only amassed ~6k downloads and unlike Legacy TE, there's no tournament presence.
- Smash 2 Plus - See above
- Pretty much every Smash 4 mod - During it's lifetime, there pretty much weren't any major or notable Smash 4 mods. Most notable Smash 4 mod packs were simply reskins of CSS, stages, and music. I don't believe 4XM or Better deserve to be on here.
- Smash 2 should be kept, because prominent Smash Youtubers like Sherwood, Linklight and Aaronitmar have videos with 100k views playing them. They number of downloads on BrawlVault is misleading, because they removed and reuploaded it and on Discord their download link sends you to a mediafire page and not to BrawlVault.
- 4XM should als be kept, it also has videos from these Youtubers with a lot of views and even a video by Hungybox with almost 500k.
- If you wanna remove stuff, I kind of agree with Smash 64 Hex and Smash 4 Better. Included them mainly to say Balance Mods exist for that games and they are the most popular ones.
- Balanced Brawl could be removed with the same argument, although it's probably a bit more notable.
- SSBMSE could also be removed or merged into the Smash Remix section.
Add individual pages for more mods.
I think, instead of having one page called "Gameplay Modifications" we should just try to make pages for all the mods. Project M is the only one who really has one. And the same goes for fan games, they need there own pages too. (Super Smash Flash, Super Smash Land, that one on a calculator) I believe, that since this is SmashWiki, we need as much information as possible about all things Smash Bros, official or not. ChilePepp3r (talk) 13:17, June 6, 2020 (EDT)
- Only some Mods from Smash 64 to Brawl like Project M or Melee: SD Remix are getting pages because they are related to an Official game and Fan games like Super Smash Flash 2 are likely to never to be pages on this website because they either not important or they are 100% not official. Thegameandwatch (talk) 13:51, June 6, 2020 (EDT)