Tournament:Smashers' Reunion: Melee Grande
|Smashers' Reunion: Melee Grande|
|Dates||July 13th to 15th, 2012|
|Venue||LetoHallen, Best Western LetoHallen Hotel|
|Address/City||2072 Dal Kolonivien|
|Entry fees||Melee singles: 100 NOK |
Melee doubles: 75 NOK per person
Venue: 200 NOK (online) / 300 NOK (at door)
|Pot size(s)||Singles: 18600 NOK |
Doubles: 16900 NOK
|winners|| Armada 1v1 |
Armada & Ice 2v2
|Assisted by||Madlobster, Flikkflakk, Joanna Dark, Slhoka, Lolex, King Funk, Jeffz0r|
Smashers' Reunion: Melee Grande was a Super Smash Bros. Melee tournament held in Norway from July 13-15, 2012. Most of the players were from Europe; however, American smasher Dr. PeePee managed to raise enough funds through SmashBoards to attend along with another American. This tournament was an Apex 2013 qualifying event, which meant that the top seven in both doubles and singles received seeding points.
Friday, July 13th
|9:00am||People with setups are allowed to come in|
|10:00am||Venue opens and registration starts|
|6:00pm||Singles Pools Round 1|
Saturday, July 14th
|11:00am||Singles Pools Round 2|
Sunday, July 15th
|5:00pm||Prizes and stuff|
- 4 stock
- 8 minute timer
- Items off.
- Friendly Fire on in doubles
- Advanced slob picks: when a match is finished, the loser may counterpick a stage. The loser must tell the winner which
stage he or she will counter pick. The winner may then change character, then the loser may change character.
- Dave's stupid rule: the loser of a game may not counterpick a stage that he or she already won on.
- Stage bans: Each player may ban a stage after the first match. This stage cannot be played
at all during the set.
- Stage striking: The first stage of a match is determined by stage striking, in which the first player(s) to strike will strike one stage, the other player(s) will strike two, and the player(s) that struck first will strike another stage, leaving one. Rock-paper-scissors will be used to determine who strikes first.
- Stalling is banned. Examples include Jigglypuff stalling with Pound and Peach's use of Peach Bomber.
- Wobbling is allowed up to 300%. Exceeding 300% counts as stalling.
All neutral stages are allowed for counterpicking.
|Final Destination||Fountain of Dreams*|
|Yoshi's Story||Kongo Jungle 64|
* Banned in doubles due to lag.
Players were divided into 16 pools of seven players to play round robin best-of-3 matches. The top four players in each pool advanced to the next round of pools, in which half of the remaining 64 were eliminated for a 32-man bracket.
|2nd||Dr. PeePee||4100 NOK|
|9th||Calle W||100 NOK|
|2nd||Dr. PeePee||Leffen||4100 NOK|