From SmashWiki, the Super Smash Bros. wikiJump to navigationJump to search
Candidate, please summarize why you are running for adminship below.
Hello again, I'm Michael Oliver, though I'm known around here as Omega Tyrant, commonly refer to as OT or Omega. I haven't been here long, but I believe I am ready to become a sysop. I have noticed the declining activity among the active administrators and I believe this Wiki would only benefit from me becoming an admin. I'm currently perhaps, the most active user on this Wiki. I'm constantly checking recent changes as well as the block log and deletion log. I've also shown a full understanding of the guidelines and policies, which I know is important for an administrator to have.
As you can see on the Administrator's noticeboard, I have a 0 tolerance for vandals. I have tagged spam, non notable smasher pages, and other pages that contained false or non notable information for deletion. When I look at the current pages tagged for deletion, a rather large amount of them should have been deleted a long time ago. This is unacceptable as if this Wiki is ever to be completed, we should have no pages tagged for deletion. All such pages should have been deleted or been found to be notable enough already. With the sysops powers, I can go through and delete all of these unnecessary pages as well as block vandals I often spot first instead of reporting them and waiting for an admin to come around and block them. I have noticed that many pages that constitute as spam and vandalism are often created in the early morning. As such, I'm often the first to spot them and having to sysop powers will allow me to delete these pages and keep them from ever being read by those who visit this Wiki. Since I've been giving rollback, I've only misused it once when someone made a good faith but false edit on Olimar's page about how he has multiple attacks such as his nair that had invincibility frames. When I went to undo this edit, I accidentally hit the rollback button instead of the undo button. I can assure that this will never happen again. I have also had experience with user conflicts and I have remained calm and rational during them. As such, I can assure I would never abuse my powers as sysop.
Instead of rehashing all of my contributions again, I'll mention the notable contributions I made since my RfR. I created two new articles, the first one being Shield damage, which Toomai made significant revisions to later. My other created article is the Up smash chart, which is a chart showing the relative power of every up smash. I have also been making major edits to character's SSBB pages, going through and removing false information, revising, and adding information. My most notable contribution has to be my joint project with Mako Shark on Priority. I have debunked years of false knowledge about priority that the professionals claimed as true. Who hasn't had it shoved down their throats that Captain Falcon has such horrible priority or that Meta Knight has such godly priority? Through this as well as from my other contributions I have shown that I don't blindly believe everything I read or hear as the truth, which I believe is a important quality for a sysop to have.
Again I'll bring up my inconsistent sleeping patterns, which causes me to be on this Wiki in the most unusual hours. If I became a sysop, this would almost assure that there will always be an administrator that's on. I have shown in my short time here that I'm dedicated to completing this Wiki. I can assure the community that if they decide that I should become an administrator, you will not regret it. Omega Tyrant 03:52, June 14, 2010 (UTC)
- Major Support His reasons are good. He's dedicated as shown by the Up Smash Chart. He's on often and for a long time. He deserves to be sysop.--Megatron1 (talk) 03:57, June 14, 2010 (UTC)
- Major Support This guy has only been actively editing for less than 2 months and has 700 edits. He is dedicated and deserves to be an admin. Dr. Pain 99 (talk) 04:03, June 14, 2010 (UTC)
- Best contributor I can think of who isn't already an admin; his edits to the noticeboard clearly demonstrate he would make effective use of the block tool regarding vandalism; I am confident that he can handle routine deletions. Furthermore, Omega Tyrant is a reasonable editor whose judgment I trust. Shadowcrest 06:09, June 14, 2010 (UTC)
- Strong Support: OT has worked hard to deliver a lot of amazing and useful contributions, and I've noticed that he's thorough and makes decisions in what I consider good faith. He also never loses his head in the event of conflict, and cooperates well with other contributors, including myself. Sysop privileges will make his future efforts more efficient, and allow this Wiki to progress further, at a faster rate. Mako Shark (talk) 06:46, June 14, 2010 (UTC)
- Support Intelligent editor that can only help the wiki by becoming admin. Toomai Glittershine eXemplary Logic 16:40, June 14, 2010 (UTC)
- Strong Support: OT makes some seriously thorough points. His Up Smash Chart takes some serious dedication. I think he should easily be an admin.-Ivy73 (talk) 16:45, June 14, 2010 (UTC)
- Strong Support Like BNK, I consider you one of my friends here. You have given quite a lot to this wiki. Mr. Anon (talk) 18:44, June 23, 2010 (UTC)
- Neutral - While your edits are the most constructive ones I've seen since Toomai's, I feel you are not ready for these tools just yet. BNK [E|T|C] 05:01, June 14, 2010 (UTC)
- Neutral leaning towards support. I'm not convinced we need any more sysops, but if we were to promote someone new to that rank it'd by Omega. Miles (talk) 17:07, June 14, 2010 (UTC)
- Neutral: Not that you'd make a bad admin, but PoD did once say "SW needs a less of a need for admins", and frankly there are quite a number active already. --HavocReaper'48 18:42, June 14, 2010 (UTC)
- Actually, PoD hasn't edited for a month. Niether has Semicolon and Smoreking. That takes off 3 at the moment.--Megatron1 (talk) 22:01, June 14, 2010 (UTC)
- You missed him on IRC once before this (OT and Toomai are witnesses). --HavocReaper'48 22:54, June 14, 2010 (UTC)
- The point HR48 and I are making: Toomai, Salad, C-Hawk and I have the situation pretty under control right now. The question for me is whether or not we need a new sysop; if we do, Omega's got the job in my mind. Miles (talk) 23:07, June 14, 2010 (UTC)