Forum:Expanding certain character infobox templates
There are many non playable characters in Smash, such as Assist Trophies, stage hazards, Mii Costumes, characters assisting in a Final Smash, for these we use the Template:Infobox Character General. For a few, like bosses, enemies and Poké Ball Pokémon, we use different templates, like Template:Boss, Template:Infobox Enemy and Template:Pokémon. Although these characters are no less important than the others, their infoboxes contain less information for whatever reason (I assume as a carryover from when most of them were Smash originals).
I propose to add the following parameters to all the aforementioned infoboxes:
- Debut game
- Most recent appearance
- Platform of origin
- Place of origin
- Created by and Designed by
These are all pretty much self explanatory. The following should be added to only one specific infobox.
- Species: only to the Boss infobox. As enemies and Pokémon are mobs instead of individuals, their species is pretty much already implicitly stated.
- Gender: as above, bosses are individuals, while enemies and Pokémon are mobs and therefore their gender varies.
- Smash Bros. appearances: to the enemy infobox because it is inexplicably missing it.
EDIT: forgot to add it initiallty, but Template:Infobox Item might warrant implementing the first three points about origins, the rest however is arguably unnecessary or not applicable. --Rdrfc (talk) 15:25, March 26, 2021 (EDT)
- Per proposa. --Rdrfc (talk) 15:15, March 26, 2021 (EDT)
- Support I don't see why they shouldn't have that information in their infobox and I assume it was just an oversight to begin with rather than an intentional ommission. Omega Tyrant 19:14, March 26, 2021 (EDT)
- Support Enemies, bosses, and Pokémon are still "characters" to some degree, so there's really no reason to not give them stuff such as debut game or console of debut. SuperSmashTurtles of the Turtle Tribe 20:58, March 26, 2021 (EDT)
- Support Thegameandwatch The Nerd 21:14, March 26, 2021 (EDT)
- Fine by me 17:10, March 29, 2021 (EDT)
- Support No reason to decline this by me. Omegα Toαd, the Toαd Wαrrior. (I'm the best!) 18:56, March 29, 2021 (EDT)
- Support Same as above, no reason not to. Preceding comment that was ptotally signed by CaptainDabsalot (talk•Contribs) 12:51, March 30, 2021 (EDT)
Overall I support the concept, but would it perhaps be better, at least for the bosses which lean more towards being specific characters rather than generic enemy species, to simply switch them to the standard Infobox Character General and ditch the boss infobox altogether? Miles (talk) 16:44, April 9, 2021 (EDT)
- The boss infobox has two relevant parameters (Points worth and location) that warrant it being kept around. It is true that many pages already don't use it because the boss already has another role, but at least in Ridley's case I have seen both infoboxes being used, with the boss infobox being in the body of the article instead of at the start. --Rdrfc (talk) 17:12, April 9, 2021 (EDT)