|Effect||34% damage, moderate knockback, produces various items if some are turned on|
|Article on WiKirby||Cook|
Cook Kirby (コック Kokku, Cook) is Kirby's Final Smash, where he boils his opponents in a large pot of soup. Kirby puts on a chef's hat and clangs a spatula & frying pan, and nearly everything within a limited radius is drawn into the cauldron to stew. After a short while, the characters that are sucked in and various items, mostly food items, are launched upward, causing about 24% and relatively weak knockback that may not generally KO those under 100%; though this can be helped by using the move closer to the blast lines. Its true strength is in its decent range against multiple foes, and the helpful items it produces.
This Final Smash also has the potential drawback of allowing those hit by the attack to use the items that come out with them. The other drawback is, if Kirby leaves any opponents out on the stage, they normally get first pick of the items that fall, because the others are sent out of the pot whilst Kirby poses to show the cooking is finished and cannot move until every item is spawned, thus, Kirby sometimes cannot use the better items or destroy them before another player can. However, this may only be penalizing when a huge amount of items come out of the pot.
The more damage enemies have, the harder it is to avoid (i.e. if Kirby vs. Link, with Link at 200%+ damage, he will be sucked into the pot easier and from a farther distance). Cook Kirby can also suck in enemies through impassable walls, floors, stairs, etc.
The number of items produced by the pot and the damage players get is dependent on the number of things that get sucked into it; if nothing can be absorbed, nothing will come out. However, the chances of this happening are slim, as the pot sucks in all on-screen players and objects, including Pikmin, projectiles, Pokémon, exploding Smart Bombs, stickers, and Assist Trophy characters. A character with a move that quickly produces objects (such as Pikmin Pluck or Fox's Blaster) can feed so many things into the pot that it can "max out," stopping it from sucking up anything else.
There are many ways to avoid this Final Smash. Most of these require precise timing. The simplest way to dodge is to perform any of the following while Kirby is banging his utensils:
- If one is ledgegrabbing, then the player will not be sucked in. The player has to be on the ledge farthest away from Kirby for it to work.
- Zelda/Sheik can avoid the move with a perfectly timed Transform.
- Pokémon Trainer can avoid Cook Kirby with a perfectly timed Pokémon Change.
- Lucario's Double Team also prevents the attack from working, if timed correctly, as will charging an Aura Sphere at a safe distance (although the Aura Sphere is lost, Lucario remains in pose).
- Olimar can continuously use Pikmin Pluck to avoid the attack. The Pikmin will fly into the pot as they are pulled out, but this requires extremely rapid button mashing.
 Description from the Instruction Booklet
Whip out a big pot that sucks in enemies and items. After boiling everything, the pot explodes, blasts away enemies, and leaves behind a few items.
 Trophy Description
Kirby in chef's garb. When Kirby throws on his chef's hat, a giant pot appears in the center of the screen. All characters, items, and even long-distance weapons are sucked into the pot. Once they've simmered a bit, food items equal to the number of things in the pot appear. Characters in the mix get blasted straight up out of the pot.
The move is based on Kirby's Cook ability from Kirby Super Star and Kirby and the Amazing Mirror, usually obtained by Chef Kawasaki. While not able to damage bosses like other one-time-use powers, it was able to suck in all minor enemies that are on-screen to turn them into healing food items. This Final Smash also reflects Kirby's love for food, as he usually eats up enemies and gobbles food along his journeys, and has even been traveling to a mountain filled with gourmet goods in Kirby Super Star's minigame, Gourmet Race.
- On the Japanese version of the Smash Bros. DOJO!!, the post for this move featured a song (Shaberu! DS Oryouri NAVI); from a Japan/PAL-only game. Nonetheless, the song is obtainable in all versions of the game as an unlockable track in the PictoChat stage.
- If the outcome is all lightning, every lightning bolt will have the same effect, regardless of the user.
- If one grabs an Assist Trophy in mid air and Kirby initiates the Final Smash in midair at the same time, all characters and items will get sucked in and Kirby will constantly bang his utensils nonstop until the game ends. Video can be seen here.
- In the artwork for Cook Kirby in Kirby Super Star, Kirby is banging a frying pan and a spatula, in its remake, Kirby Super Star Ultra, he has a ladle and a salt shaker, which he uses both sets in the games them selves, as well as when he performs his Final Smash.
- The trophy depicts Mario in the pot, and the E3 2006 video shows Mario in the pot as well.
- Some players find the clanging utensils rather annoying, so some players use the move after a KO as a type of taunt, at the same time eliminating any opponents.
- If Kirby has the Olimar ability when he uses the Final Smash, he will still have the nose on. Kirby will also keep Snake's beard,R.O.B.'s face, Donkey Kong's fur, Mr. Game & Watch's color and Falco's beak.
- If Olimar keeps on making Pikmin, they'll be sucked in until one isn't available for a few seconds.
- Cook Kirby can take and cook any projectiles and turn them into an item.
- Kirby's pot maxes out at 30 items.
Characters flying out of the pot in flames.
|Up special||Final Cutter|
|Final Smash||Cook Kirby|
|Bowser: Giga Bowser · Captain Falcon: Blue Falcon · Diddy Kong: Rocketbarrel Barrage · Donkey Kong: Konga Beat · Falco: Landmaster · Fox: Landmaster · Ganondorf: Beast Ganon · Ice Climbers: Iceberg · Ike: Great Aether · Jigglypuff: Puff Up · King Dedede: Waddle Dee Army · Kirby: Cook Kirby · Link: Triforce Slash · Lucario: Aura Storm · Lucas: PK Starstorm · Luigi: Negative Zone · Mario: Mario Finale · Marth: Critical Hit · Meta Knight: Galaxia Darkness · Mr. Game & Watch: Octopus · Ness: PK Starstorm · Olimar: End of Day · Peach: Peach Blossom · Pikachu: Volt Tackle · Pit: Palutena's Army · Pokémon Trainer: Triple Finish · R.O.B.: Diffusion Beam · Samus: Zero Laser · Sheik: Light Arrow · Snake: Grenade Launcher · Sonic: Super Sonic · Toon Link: Triforce Slash · Wario: Wario-Man · Wii Fit Trainer: Wii Fit · Wolf: Landmaster · Yoshi: Super Dragon · Zelda: Light Arrow · Zero Suit Samus: Power Suit Samus|