Official artwork of Fox from Star Fox 64 3D.
|Debut||Star Fox (1993)|
|Smash Bros. appearances||SSB|
|Most recent appearance||Star Fox 64 3D (2011)|
|Console of origin||Super Famicom/Super Nintendo Entertainment System|
|Created by||Shigeru Miyamoto|
|English voice actor||Dan Owsen (Star Fox)|
Mike West (Star Fox 64)
Shinobu Satouchi (SSB, SSBM (environmental))
Steve Malpass (SSBM (narration), Adventures)
Jim Walker (Assault, SSBB)
|Japanese voice actor||Shinobu Satouchi (Star Fox 64, SSB, SSBM)|
Kenji Nojima (Assault, SSBB)
|Article on Lylat Wiki||Fox McCloud|
Fox McCloud (フォックス・マクラウド Fokkusu Makuraudo) is the main protagonist from the Star Fox series and leader of the Star Fox team. The son of James McCloud, Fox is an expert pilot and has saved the Lylat System from numerous threats. He has appeared in all three Smash Bros. games. His voice actor in Super Smash Bros. and Super Smash Bros. Melee is Shinobu Satouchi during the fights, and Steve Malpass during the cutscenes in Adventure Mode. In Super Smash Bros. Brawl, he is voiced by Jim Walker and Kenji Nojima.
 Character description
Fox McCloud made his appearance in Star Fox for the Super Nintendo Entertainment System in 1993. The leader of the Star Fox team, Fox led his team through the Lylat System to save it from the evil Andross. The game was tremendously successful and has led to several sequels.
Though the sequel to Star Fox was canceled (when the game was nearly finished), Fox McCloud would return in the Nintendo 64 smash hit Star Fox 64 which revealed some key details about Fox's past in this 'updated' Star Fox. Fox McCloud's father, James McCloud, who was renowned as one of the greatest pilots of his time, was the leader of the original Star Fox team. Upon investigating the planet Venom, James was presumed killed by Andross. Seeking to avenge his father, Fox McCloud formed a new Star Fox team which consisted of Falco Lombardi, Peppy Hare (who was a member of the original team), and Slippy Toad. At the end of Star Fox 64, Fox independently fought and killed Andross at the end of the adventure.
After this, Fox McCloud would be featured in his first fighting game in the original Super Smash Bros. and has appeared in every installment of the series since.
Fox would then be featured again in Star Fox Adventures with a new Star Fox member, Krystal. Which was a departure from the original Star Fox games as it was more of an action/adventure game, which saw Fox rescuing Dinosaur Planet from (unknown at the time) Andross who was seeking to revive himself after the Star Fox team became a pale shadow of its former self. After this, Fox would return in Star Fox Assault, which saw a reinvigorated Star Fox team saving the galaxy from a new threat called the Aparoids. A year later, Fox would return in Star Fox Command.
 In Super Smash Bros.
 As a playable character
Fox McCloud appears in the original Super Smash Bros. as one of the starting eight playable characters. He is based off his appearance in Star Fox 64. Fox McCloud is a nimble and fast character. His neutral special move is the Blaster, which sends one powerful energy beam at his opponents. His up special is the Fire Fox which envelops Fox in flames and sends him flying in any direction. His down special is the Reflector, which serves as both an offensive and defensive move (it reflects any projectiles that come in contact with it).
- Following his dead father's footsteps as the young leader of the Star Fox Team, Fox McCloud's piloting of the super-high-performance combat ship ARWING for the Lylat System is still fresh in our memories. His one weakness may be his difficulty earning the trust of his teammates.
 In single-player
In the game's single-player mode, Fox is fought on the third stage, the battle being on his "home stage", Sector Z.
 In Super Smash Bros. Melee
 As a playable character
 In single-player
In Melee's Adventure Mode, Fox is fought on the Corneria stage. After he is beaten, the player will then have to battle Fox again, this time with back-up from his wingmen. However, if Fox is beaten quickly and has unlocked Falco, the player will battle Falco instead of Fox.
Fox is featured in the following event matches:
- Event 13: Yoshi's Egg: As Yoshi, the player must protect a Yoshi Egg from Fox, Pikachu, and Donkey Kong on Rainbow Cruise for 55 seconds.
- Event 20: All-Star Match 2: Fox is the final opponent the player must fight in this series of staged battles. The player's character battles him on the Corneria stage, and the player's character has 2 stocks while Fox has 1. With a timer of four minutes, the player must defeat him and the other four characters with the overall time and life the player has: Samus, Link, Zelda, and Captain Falcon.
- Event 23: Slippy's Invention: The player must battle Fox and Falco on the Venom stage, but they are both equipped with a permanent Cloaking Device. Each character has 2 stocks each.
- Event 36: Space Travelers: As Ness, the player faces Samus, Kirby, Fox, Captain Falcon and Falco. Ness battles the first three on the Fourside stage while fighting the last two on Battlefield. Each character has one stock.
- Event 43: Birds of Prey: As Fox, the player faces Falco and Captain Falcon on the Big Blue stage (friendly fire turned off).
Fox, as a playable character, is given three trophies. His normal trophy is acquired by beating the Classic mode with Fox on any difficulty, and its Smash Red and Smash Blue trophies are acquired the same way by beating the Adventure and All-Star modes, respectively.
His Classic mode trophy reads:
- Fox McCloud is the leader of a band of adventurers-for-hire known as Star Fox. Fox and his fellow pilots Peppy, Slippy, and Falco patrol the Lylat system in their mother ship, the Great Fox. From the cockpit of his Arwing, Fox leads the ceaseless pursuit of the evil scientist Andross, who doomed Fox's father.
- Star Fox, 03/93
 In Super Smash Bros. Brawl
 Trophy info
The leader of the commando unit for hire known as Star Fox. He uses both the team's mother ship, the Great Fox, and his personal Arwing fighter to challenge the evil scientist Andross. He made his name as an ace pilot but has lately shown himself also to be an adventurer with a knack for hand-to-hand combat.
- Star Fox
- Star Fox: Command
 Fox (Assault)
The leader of the one and only Star Fox team. Fox McCloud has superb battle skills and is an expert pilot of both the Arwing and Landmaster. In on-foot battles, Fox starts with a blaster and continues on with four other types of weapons as he fights through the Aparoids. Fox also demonstrates his skills in air combat using the plasma cannons on the Arwing.
- Star Fox: Assault
 Trophy gallery
Trophy based on his Star Fox: Assault model
Characters in the Super Smash Bros. series
|Super Smash Bros.||Mario · Donkey Kong · Link · Samus · Yoshi · Kirby · Fox · Pikachu · Luigi · Captain Falcon · Ness · Jigglypuff|
|New in Melee||Bowser · Peach · Zelda · Sheik · Ice Climbers · Mewtwo · Marth · Mr. Game & Watch · Dr. Mario · Ganondorf · Falco · Young Link · Pichu · Roy|
|New in Brawl||Diddy Kong · Ike · King Dedede · Lucario · Lucas · Meta Knight · Olimar · Pit · Pokémon Trainer (Ivysaur · Squirtle · Charizard) · R.O.B. · Snake · Sonic · Toon Link · Wario · Wolf · Zero Suit Samus|
Star Fox universe
|Characters||Fox McCloud (SSB · SSBM · SSBB) · Falco Lombardi (SSBM · SSBB) · Wolf O'Donnell (SSBB)|
|Side characters||Assist trophies: Andross|
|Stages||SSB: Sector Z|
SSBM: Corneria · Venom
SSBB: Lylat Cruise · Melee Stages: Corneria
|Items||SSBB: Smart Bomb|
|Trophies & Stickers||Trophies in Melee · Trophies in Brawl · Stickers in Brawl|
|Music||Music in Brawl|