|Effect||Jigglypuff inflates, 18% per hit|
|Article on Bulbapedia||Final Smash|
Puff Up (おおきくなる Grow) is Jigglypuff's Final Smash. When used, Jigglypuff slowly inflates itself to a very large size, enough to almost entirely cover a small custom stage. While growing, enemies and items will be pushed away. Once Jigglypuff reaches its full size, it shouts "JIGGLY!!!", which causes a massive push that will most likely KO any enemies too close to its body. Jigglypuff then quickly deflates. While Jigglypuff is deflating, touching it causes 18% damage and powerful knockback, similar in power to the push effect. This is in effect until Jigglypuff is back to its original size, making contact dangerous until the Final Smash ends.
While the move covers a very large range, it loses potency quickly on larger stages, and cannot affect anything below Jigglypuff (though this can be remedied by having Jigglypuff start the attack from below the stage, which will let it expand up and through the stage.) Also, it can affect teammates even when Friendly Fire is off.
- Main article: Regenerating terrain glitch
There is also a glitch in the game where the terrain in some stages (mainly Bridge of Eldin) touches Jigglypuff and knocks it out of the move, yet it remains the same size it was when it was forced out of the Final Smash. If Yoshi (or Kirby with Yoshi's ability) uses his Egg Lay on Jigglypuff after this, or Jigglypuff picks up a Super Mushroom, its size doubles, allowing Jigglypuff to become the biggest character in the game. Its size resets when it uses the Final Smash again or gets KO'd.
- Jigglypuff's Final Smash. It wills its body to get bigger and bigger and bigger. It can't move, and it can't attack--all it can do is get bigger while everyone else looks on. However, it's invulnerable, and it overpowers all attacks to gradually push its opponents off the screen. It's a very simple technique, but how it's used determines its effectiveness.
- : Super Smash Bros. Brawl
- By holding on the special button, Jigglypuff will become bigger.
- Jigglypuff's size before using the Final Smash affects the size it grows to. In a Giant Brawl, it grows to a size where only its face is visible on screen.
- As a pun on its enormous size, this glitch Jigglypuff is often called "Bigglypuff", "Gigapuff" or "Gigalypuff" by fans.
- Puff up is one of the four Final Smashes that can affect a team player. End of Day, Landmaster, and Galaxia Darkness share this trait.
- It is also one of the only two Final Smashes that can damage an ally directly when Friendly Fire is off. Galaxia Darkness shares this trait.
- If many characters get stuck between Jigglypuff and a wall at once (like the Ice Climbers), the effects get slowed down.
- When the glitch is performed, Jigglypuff will still have the strength it had when it was at its standard size. Jigglypuff will appear to move very slowly, having the illusion of not being able to jump very high, as well as falling slowly, all attributes equal to when it was at its regular size.
- As a result of these large hitboxes, should Jigglypuff roll or side smash with the glitch, it will likely self-destruct.
|Final Smash||Puff Up|
|Bowser: Giga Bowser · Captain Falcon: Blue Falcon · Diddy Kong: Rocketbarrel Barrage · Donkey Kong: Konga Beat · Falco: Landmaster · Fox: Landmaster · Ganondorf: Beast Ganon · Ice Climbers: Iceberg · Ike: Great Aether · Jigglypuff: Puff Up · King Dedede: Waddle Dee Army · Kirby: Cook Kirby · Link: Triforce Slash · Lucario: Aura Storm · Lucas: PK Starstorm · Luigi: Negative Zone · Mario: Mario Finale · Marth: Critical Hit · Meta Knight: Galaxia Darkness · Mr. Game & Watch: Octopus · Ness: PK Starstorm · Olimar: End of Day · Peach: Peach Blossom · Pikachu: Volt Tackle · Pit: Palutena's Army · Pokémon Trainer: Triple Finish · R.O.B.: Diffusion Beam · Samus: Zero Laser · Sheik: Light Arrow · Snake: Grenade Launcher · Sonic: Super Sonic · Toon Link: Triforce Slash · Wario: Wario-Man · Wolf: Landmaster · Yoshi: Super Dragon · Zelda: Light Arrow · Zero Suit Samus: Power Suit Samus|