Regenerating terrain glitch
From SmashWiki, the Super Smash Bros. wiki
The Regenerating terrain glitch or Interrupted Final Smash Glitch is a glitch that causes certain Final Smashes to stay in their activated state if the character is inside a piece of terrain that has just regenerated.
 Stages the glitch is possible on
- Bridge of Eldin - The middle section of the bridge. The easiest and most popular way of getting the glitch to occur.
- Pirate Ship - The King of Red Lions' appearance. This version of the glitch is the most difficult to perform, as the terrain in question is offscreen. Also when the Pirate ship comes in contact with the rock island.
- Spear Pillar - The stone segments broken by the Pokémon.
- Green Hill Zone - The lower section of the stage.
 Common versions of the glitch
- Puff Up glitch - Occurs when Jigglypuff is in the middle of using Puff Up, causing it to keep its increased size. Being swallowed by Egg Lay increases its size even further. One of the most common Final Smash glitches.
- Diffusion Beam glitch - Occurs when R.O.B. is in the middle of using Diffusion Beam, causing the move to last indefinitely. The move sometimes gets stuck in one of its modes; charging a Gyro often fixes this. However, if the platforms reseal before the beam is released, R.O.B. will not fire anything at all.
- Golden glitch - Occurs when Fox, Falco, Wolf, Kirby, or Marth are in the middle of their respective Final Smashes (Landmaster, Cook Kirby, and Critical Hit). Causes the Final Smash aura to become stuck in its "on" state; the character will be able to act as normal until KO'd, they can use their neutral special move, the camera may remain zoomed in and time may remain slowed (if the glitch happens during these effects), and no more Smash Balls will appear.
- Invincible glitch - Occurs when Meta Knight uses Galaxia Darkness on any character. Causes the opponent caught in the Final Smash to become invincible, but frozen in place.