Bunny Hood artwork from Brawl.
|Universe||Legend of Zelda|
|Appears in||SSBM SSBB|
|Article on Zelda Wiki||Bunny Hood|
The Bunny Hood appears as an item in Super Smash Bros. Melee. Once picked up, a character will become quicker and can jump much higher. It will also work on Jigglypuff and Kirby's additional jumps. Furthermore, the hood increases the character's movement speed and falling speed. The effect lasts about twelve seconds. It can fall off of a character if they are hit hard enough. The Bunny Hood also appears as a collectible trophy.
 Trophy description
Don the Bunny Hood to improve your agility drastically, allowing you to jump great distances and move at high speed. The ears are a cute accessory: they're even adorable on characters they don't quite suit. The Bunny Hood was key in Majora's Mask, where it made Link move at one-and-a-half times his normal speed.
- Game: The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time [11/98]
This trophy is unlocked by getting 125 combined combos with all characters in Training Mode.
The Bunny Hood returns in Super Smash Bros. Brawl with similar effects from the previous game. In addition, a "Bunny Brawl" option exists in Special Brawl mode, which gives every character a permanent Bunny Hood, which cannot be knocked off. The Bunny Hood appears as a collectible trophy in Brawl.
 Trophy description
Headgear that hugely improves your jump and movement abilities. True to its name, the hood comes with a pair of cute, fuzzy ears. On the right characters, they're as cute as can be, but on the wrong ones, they're...scary. Of course, that adds to the item's charm. The sudden speed increase you get is responsible for more than a few self-destructs, so be careful.
- The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (1998)
- The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask (2000)
The Bunny Hood debuted in The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time as a collectible mask. The Bunny Hood is a type of headgear that contains two bunny ears sticking out on top of it. One of the side missions in the game required Young Link to sell various masks to the citizens of Hyrule. Young Link found the Running Man in Hyrule Field and sold the Bunny Hood to him. In exchange, the running man paid him the maximum amount of Rupees that Young Link's wallet could hold. Once Young Link sold the Bunny Hood, he was able to borrow it from the Happy Mask Salesman at anytime. The Bunny Hood returns as a collectible mask in The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask. In this game, Young Link can collect the Bunny Hood from Grog. When wearing the Bunny Hood, Young Link's speed and jumping distance increases. 
- If Sonic wears a Bunny Hood on certain stages, he can actually outrun hazards that would result in a KO for anyone else due to their speed; one main example would be the racetrack in Big Blue, where he can run on the track, to the point of self-destructing. Captain Falcon, on some of the slower parts of the map, can outrun the cars as well with a Bunny Hood, but it is harder to get him running.
- The Bunny Hood can be combined with the Superspicy Curry to make characters run even faster. This makes it easier for Sonic to outrun the cars on Big Blue.
- When Marth wears the Bunny Hood in Melee, his neutral attack speed increases, despite not doing so for any other character in the game.
- When Peach wears the Bunny Hood in Melee, her midair jump can go upward to the upper blast line without getting Star KO'd.
- In Melee, if Peach and Kirby wear a bunny hood on Final Destination, they can perform the Final Destination jump.
- The Bunny Hood does not affect Yoshi's midair jump.
Items in Super Smash Bros. Melee
|Normal||Barrel Cannon · Beam Sword · Bob-omb · Bunny Hood · Cloaking Device · Fan · Fire Flower · Flipper · Food · Freezie · Green Shell · Hammer · Heart Container · Home-Run Bat · Lip's Stick · Maxim Tomato · Metal Box · Motion-Sensor Bomb · Mr. Saturn · Parasol · Poison Mushroom · Poké Ball · Ray Gun · Red Shell · Screw Attack · Star Rod · Starman · Super Mushroom · Super Scope · Warp Star|
|Containers||Barrel · Capsule · Crate · Egg · Party Ball|
Items in Super Smash Bros. Brawl
|Normal||Assist Trophy · Banana Peel · Beam Sword · Blast Box · Bob-omb · Bumper · Bunny Hood · Cracker Launcher · Deku Nut · Dragoon · Fan · Fire Flower · Food · Franklin Badge · Freezie · Golden Hammer · Gooey Bomb · Green Shell · Hammer · Heart Container · Home-Run Bat · Hothead · Lightning Bolt · Lip's Stick · Maxim Tomato · Metal Box · Motion-Sensor Bomb · Mr. Saturn · Pitfall · Poison Mushroom · Poké Ball · Ray Gun · Screw Attack · Smart Bomb · Smash Ball · Smoke Ball · Soccer Ball · Spring · Star Rod · Starman · Super Mushroom · Super Scope · Superspicy Curry · Team Healer · Timer · Unira · Warp Star|
|Containers||Barrel · Capsule · Crate · Party Ball · Sandbag · Rolling Crates|
|Key · Stock Ball · Trophy Stand|
|Collectibles||CD · Coins · Sticker · Trophy|
|Other||Smash Coins and Bills|
The Legend of Zelda universe
|Characters||Link (SSB · SSBM · SSBB · SSB4) · Zelda (SSBM · SSBB) / Sheik (SSBM · SSBB) · Ganondorf (SSBM · SSBB) · Young Link (SSBM) · Toon Link (SSBB)|
|Side characters||Assist trophies: Tingle|
|Stages||SSB: Hyrule Castle|
SSBM: Great Bay · Temple · Adventure Mode: Underground Maze
SSBB: Bridge of Eldin · Pirate Ship · Melee Stages: Temple
SSB4: Skyloft · Spirit Train · Gerudo Valley
SSBM: Bunny Hood
|Trophies & Stickers||Trophies in Melee · Trophies in Brawl · Stickers in Brawl|
|Music||Music in Brawl|