From SmashWiki, the Super Smash Bros. wiki
The Trophy Stand (スマッシュプレート Sumasshupurēto, smash plate) is an item that is used in Super Smash Bros. Brawl's Subspace Emissary mode. The trophy stand allows the user to turn enemies in this mode into collectible trophies. While the trophy stand will work immediately on small or normal-sized enemies such as Primids, larger enemies and bosses must be greatly weakened first in order for it to work. Once the enemy's damage bar is depleted enough, the character can throw the trophy stand at the enemy to turn it into a trophy.
Depending on the difficulty of the level, trophy stands appear more or less often. Higher difficulty levels equal more trophy stand drops. Some stickers can also be used to make the drops more numerous. Also, sometimes when defeating three enemies at once, a trophy stand will appear.
The Trophy Stand in the SSE.
The Trophy Stand trophy from Brawl
There is one trophy of a Trophy Stand itself in Brawl, which is amongst the randomly-collectable trophies, meaning it can be unlocked through various means including Coin Launcher.
An item that, when hurled at Subspace goons, will turn whomever it hits into a trophy. Trophies can be collected, then viewed in the gallery. To successfully get an enemy, you need to hit it when it's been sufficiently weakened. If you can skilfully manipulate your foe's damage, you can even capture a boss character.
- : Super Smash Bros. Brawl
List of stickers with trophy stand drop effects
- Nabaaru +22
- Cornimier +21
- Rotohex +9
- The President +7
- Big Boss +30
- If the player hurls a trophy stand at an enemy that is not weakened enough, it will hit the enemy, disappear, and inflict damage to the enemy.
- A Trophy Stand cannot turn a Jyk into a trophy, since Jyks are invincible. The Jyk trophy is available only through beating Boss Battles with 20 characters.
- Mizzo also cannot be captured with a Trophy Stand because it is in the display room on the Battleship Halberd - it can instead be picked up through the Coin Launcher minigame or by any other means of gaining a trophy.
- The Porky Statue is yet another enemy that cannot be turned into a trophy, as it is invincible. Its trophy can be collected by clearing Boss Battles on Very Hard difficulty.