The Party Ball artwork from Brawl.
|Universe||Super Smash Bros.|
|Appears in||Melee, Brawl|
A Party Ball (くす玉 Kusudama, Medicine Ball) is a container item that appears in Super Smash Bros. Melee and Super Smash Bros. Brawl. It can be picked up and thrown or hit to be opened. When picked up, it can be thrown but as soon as it hits the ground, a character, or an attack, it floats up and makes a little jingle and the opens up to reveal its items inside. Like Crates and Barrels, while holding a party ball, a character's speed is drastically decreased, and they will not be able to jump or attack.
- Often contain many random items.
- May store an enemy in Melee.
- If thrown and hits an opponent it does 16-19% damage and little knockback.
- If thrown, hits an opponent, and then explodes, it does 41% damage and has a lot of knockback
- In Brawl, when it is thrown towards an enemy, the party ball will travel in a curve and home in on that enemy.
- Another way to open the party ball is to hit it. In SSBM, party balls take about 30% damage to break open. In Brawl, one hit can set it off.
- Some of the item sets it can drop includes Food (36% chance), several Bob-ombs (12% chance), or just an assorted set of items (42%).
- It also has a 10% chance of exploding.
- Once airborne, the Party Ball can be struck but will only cause hitlag and not affect the ball. However, certain attacks can push or pull it. Using Spitball Sparky (Mr. Game & Watch's up aerial) from a slight distance will blow it up and off the top of the screen, for example.
Note that an item will only appear in a Party Ball if that item can be used. Otherwise, for example, if only bombs are on, it will always have a bomb party. Likewise, if the Party Ball is the only item enabled, all they will do is explode.
 Melee Trophy
Party Balls are just what they sound like: a recipe for wild fun packed into a paper ball. Throw or strike one into the air, then wait for it to trigger its time-release. Parties are always unpredictable, so here are the odds on how zany your party might be: Self-destruction: 10% Food banquet: 36% Bob-omb fest: 12% Other: 42%
 Brawl Trophy
A giant ball stuffed to bursting with items and food. Throw it or attack it, and after a few seconds, it will burst open with fanfare, spilling items all around. The fluttering confetti adds to the celebratory atmosphere. Some Party Balls are filled with nothing but bombs, though, so handle with care. Perhaps if you just pulled the string...Naw, that doesn't work.
Items in Super Smash Bros. Melee
|Normal||Barrel Cannon · Beam Sword · Bob-omb · Bunny Hood · Cloaking Device · Fan · Fire Flower · Flipper · Food · Freezie · Green Shell · Hammer · Heart Container · Home-Run Bat · Lip's Stick · Maxim Tomato · Metal Box · Motion-Sensor Bomb · Mr. Saturn · Parasol · Poison Mushroom · Poké Ball · Ray Gun · Red Shell · Screw Attack · Star Rod · Starman · Super Mushroom · Super Scope · Warp Star|
|Containers||Barrel · Capsule · Crate · Egg · Party Ball|
Items in Super Smash Bros. Brawl
|Normal||Assist Trophy · Banana Peel · Beam Sword · Blast Box · Bob-omb · Bumper · Bunny Hood · Cracker Launcher · Deku Nut · Dragoon · Fan · Fire Flower · Food · Franklin Badge · Freezie · Golden Hammer · Gooey Bomb · Green Shell · Hammer · Heart Container · Home-Run Bat · Hothead · Lightning Bolt · Lip's Stick · Maxim Tomato · Metal Box · Motion-Sensor Bomb · Mr. Saturn · Pitfall · Poison Mushroom · Poké Ball · Ray Gun · Screw Attack · Smart Bomb · Smash Ball · Smoke Ball · Soccer Ball · Spring · Star Rod · Starman · Super Mushroom · Super Scope · Superspicy Curry · Team Healer · Timer · Unira · Warp Star|
|Containers||Barrel · Capsule · Crate · Party Ball · Sandbag · Rolling Crates|
|Key · Stock Ball · Trophy Stand|
|Collectibles||CD · Coins · Sticker · Trophy|
|Other||Smash Coins and Bills|
Super Smash Bros. universe
|Fighting Polygon Team · Fighting Wire Frames · Fighting Alloy Team · Giga Bowser · Sandbag|
|Master Hand · Crazy Hand · Galleom · Duon · Tabuu|
|Stages||SSB: Battlefield · Final Destination|
SSBM: Battlefield · Final Destination
SSBB: Battlefield · Final Destination
|Items||Barrel · Beam Sword · Capsule · Crate · Fan · Home-Run Bat · Motion-Sensor Bomb · Ray Gun|
SSB: Bumper · Egg
SSBM: Egg · Flipper · Food · Party Ball
SSBB: Assist Trophy · Bumper · Cracker Launcher · Food · Gooey Bomb · Party Ball · Sandbag · Rolling Crate · Smash Ball · Smoke Ball · Team Healer
|Trophies||in Melee · in Brawl · in Brawl (SSE)|
|Music||Super Smash Bros. Brawl series · Super Smash Bros. series in Brawl|