Freezie artwork from Brawl.
|Appears in||Melee, Brawl|
|Article on Super Mario Wiki||Freezie|
|Up tilt throw||21% - 23%||17%|
|Down tilt throw||24%||6%|
|Forward smash throw||25%||18%|
|Up smash throw||24% - 27%||19%|
|Down smash throw||28%||6%|
|Aerial up tilt throw||21% - 23%||17%|
|Aerial down tilt throw||24%||15%|
|Aerial forward smash throw||22% - 23%||16%|
|Aerial up smash throw||21% - 23%||17%|
|Aerial down smash throw||24%||15%|
 In Super Smash Bros. Melee
When a Freezie appears in Melee, it slides across the stage on its own, speeding up if it encounters a slope. When picked up and thrown, any character hit by the Freezie will be frozen and knocked upwards. Freezies can break if attacked before being picked up. Freezies could easily KO a character at respectable percentages, as well as keeping characters trapped long enough to take a lot of damage.
 Melee trophy description
- Freezies slip and slide along smooth surfaces and will happily slide off the edge of a stage if left alone. In Mario Bros., they would stop and freeze portions of the ground; in Super Smash Bros. Melee, they can be picked up and hurled as weapons. Hit a foe with a Freezie, and he or she will be temporarily encased in a huge block of ice.
- Game: Mario Bros (Arcade 1983)
 In Super Smash Bros. Brawl
The Freezie item in Brawl retains the same design and method of use from its Melee counterpart. However, their knockback and freeze time have been considerably reduced, and frozen characters fall much slower, making it harder to KO with. Freezies are also more difficult to destroy, and they may deal damage after they are destroyed to any player standing near them. In addition to these changes, sound effects taken from the Mario Bros. arcade game play whenever the item is used or shattered.
 Brawl trophy description
- An item that freezes people. If you're frozen, you can't lift a finger to defend yourself. You can break out of ice by shaking the Control Stick back and forth. Hit someone with a Freezie, and you'll hear delightful sound declaring your success, but frozen enemies don't fly very far. Freezies tend to break easily when carried.
- Mario Bros. (1983)
- Super Mario Advance (2001)
The Freezie is an enemy in the Mario Bros. arcade game and all of its subsequent remakes. It appears in later levels to complicate the terrain. It moves along the platforms and then eventually covers one of them in ice, destroying itself in the process. This makes the platform extremely slippery for players. If Mario makes contact with a Freezie, he loses a stock. The only way to destroy it is to jump into the platform below it. In Melee and Brawl, Freezies do not make surfaces icy, but can be thrown at opponents to make them frozen.
- When attacked in Melee, the Freezie would break immediately, while in Brawl, it takes several hits. When broken with a direct hit in Brawl, such as a punch or kick, it will deal a small amount of damage to the character breaking it.
Items in Super Smash Bros. Melee
|Normal||Barrel Cannon · Beam Sword · Bob-omb · Bunny Hood · Cloaking Device · Fan · Fire Flower · Flipper · Food · Freezie · Green Shell · Hammer · Heart Container · Home-Run Bat · Lip's Stick · Maxim Tomato · Metal Box · Motion-Sensor Bomb · Mr. Saturn · Parasol · Poison Mushroom · Poké Ball · Ray Gun · Red Shell · Screw Attack · Star Rod · Starman · Super Mushroom · Super Scope · Warp Star|
|Containers||Barrel · Capsule · Crate · Egg · Party Ball|
Items in Super Smash Bros. Brawl
|Normal||Assist Trophy · Banana Peel · Beam Sword · Blast Box · Bob-omb · Bumper · Bunny Hood · Cracker Launcher · Deku Nut · Dragoon · Fan · Fire Flower · Food · Franklin Badge · Freezie · Golden Hammer · Gooey Bomb · Green Shell · Hammer · Heart Container · Home-Run Bat · Hothead · Lightning Bolt · Lip's Stick · Maxim Tomato · Metal Box · Motion-Sensor Bomb · Mr. Saturn · Pitfall · Poison Mushroom · Poké Ball · Ray Gun · Screw Attack · Smart Bomb · Smash Ball · Smoke Ball · Soccer Ball · Spring · Star Rod · Starman · Super Mushroom · Super Scope · Superspicy Curry · Team Healer · Timer · Unira · Warp Star|
|Containers||Barrel · Capsule · Crate · Party Ball · Sandbag · Rolling Crates|
|Key · Stock Ball · Trophy Stand|
|Collectibles||CD · Coins · Sticker · Trophy|
|Other||Smash Coins and Bills|