| The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker|
|Universe||The Legend of Zelda|
|Home stage to||Toon Link|
|Unlock Criteria||Unlock Toon Link.|
|Tracks available||Dragon Roost Island|
The Great Sea
Tal Tal Heights
Song of Storms
Village of the Blue Maiden
Bolded tracks must be unlocked
|Tournament legal (SSBB)|
|Article on Zelda Wiki||Tetra's Ship|
Pirate Ship (海賊船, Kaizoku-sen) is a stage in Super Smash Bros. Brawl. The stage is loosely based on Tetra's pirate ship from The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker, but with many changes. The main setup is a a slightly curved main platform like a boat and two upper platforms, showing the mast of the ship. Characters can swim in the surrounding ocean.
All fighters are on a cruising ship which passes along an enemy lookout that fires bombs at the ship. Anyone that comes in contact with the bombs will take heavy damage and high knockback. Any player that swims into the front of the pirate ship while in the water will be automatically KO'd. A boat, the King of Red Lions, occasionally makes an appearance by sailing from the right side of the stage, and acts as a platform that players can stand on. The ship will also run into a small island from time to time, giving players a newly-shaped terrain to fight on. The ship will eventually right itself as the island sinks, forcing players to return to the norm. There is a catapult at the front of the ship that will come up from the deck on occasion. Anyone who is standing on it will be sent flying when it fires. That can KO at lower damage percentages.
Another hazard is that a storm will sometimes cause a cyclone to come from the background, throwing the ship high into the sky, eliminating the option to swim around near the ship. The ship will fall back down after a short time and land back in the water. While falling, the players have improved jumping abilities.
 Tournament Legality
This stage is usually a counterpick or a banned stage. This is because of stalling potential in the water, powerful camping spots on the King of Red Lions and on the rightmost point of the rock, and overly powerful stage hazards.
This ship is taken from The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker, although it is smaller. After Link's sister, Aryll, was kidnapped by the Helmaroc King, Link sailed to the Forsaken Fortress on Tetra's ship to save her. During the trip, he was challenged by Niko, a pirate. This ship came back later in the game during the search for the third Divine Pearl. The pirates stole bombs on Windfall Island, but were forced to rest there because of the cursed sea. Link managed to hear the password, and then came back on the ship to be challenged one more time and then get the bombs. This ship appeared a final time at the end of the game to rescue both Link and Tetra after they defeat Ganondorf. The ship came back at the beginning and end of The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass. The ship also has a catapult that was used in The Wind Waker to launch a boulder at the Helmaroc King and to launch Link towards the Forsaken Fortress. In Brawl, the catapult comes out of the ship every once in awhile. If a player is on the catapult when it fires, the player will be launched towards the left.
The smaller, red boat that appears on the right is known as The King of Red Lions, which is actually Hyrule's king in disguise. He can talk, and assists Link during the events of The Wind Waker. Also from The Wind Waker are the enemy look-out towers that fire bombs at him if he gets too close, seen in the background of this stage. In The Wind Waker when Link conducts the Ballad of Gales with his Wind Waker, a cyclone comes and transports Link to his destination. The cyclone that comes in this stage could be a reference to Ballad of Gales being played.
 Trophy description
A ship commandeered by Tetra that sails to the far corners of the deep blue sea. When Link gets on board, he is challenged with a test given by the pirate underling Niko. In that test, Link must learn to use jumps and rope swinging to get through an obstacle course and reach Niko. If successful, he receives the Spoils Bag and bombs.
- The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
- The Legend of Zelda: The Phantom Hourglass
- The rain on this stage actually is not rendered in 3D. It is actually just 2D sprites falling in the foreground and background, similar to the Distant Planet stage. To see this, pause the game and tilt the camera.
- The King of Red Lions is larger than he originally was in The Wind Waker, and the sail is on the outside edge of the boat, rather than inside it.
- When falling from the cyclone, King Dedede can avoid battle by using his up special, allowing him to avoid the battle for ten to fifteen seconds.
- In The Wind Waker, the pirate ship had only one platform on the mast, not two.
- The enormous cyclone that occasionally appears is derived from the power used by the half-god of wind, Cyclos. It may also refer to the The Wind Waker track, Ballad of Gales, which was needed to warp around the Great Sea.
- This is the only stage where the player can be crushed (not counting the stages in The Subspace Emissary). This can be done by standing between the ship and the rock.
- If a Rolling Crate is inserted between the rock and the ship, the game will emit a loud buzzing noise.
- If King Dedede activates his Final Smash when the boat hits the rock and it touches him, his Final Smash will be shut down.
- When the boat is crashed against the rock, both are still moving, though it looks like they're stuck in place, and players can still be KO'd if they wait for too long in the sea, being carried off to a boundary KO by the current.
- During Diddy Kong's Final Smash, he is able to go under the ship when it is on the water.
- The Giga Jigglypuff Glitch can be performed in a similar matter to "Shutting down" King Dedede's final smash, as stated above.
- A glitch which uses Snake's Final Smash can be seen here.
The Legend of Zelda universe
|Characters||Link (SSB · SSBM · SSBB · SSB4) · Zelda (SSBM · SSBB) / Sheik (SSBM · SSBB) · Ganondorf (SSBM · SSBB) · Young Link (SSBM) · Toon Link (SSBB)|
|Side characters||Assist trophies: Tingle|
|Stages||SSB: Hyrule Castle|
SSBM: Great Bay · Temple · Adventure Mode: Underground Maze
SSBB: Bridge of Eldin · Pirate Ship · Melee Stages: Temple
SSB4: Skyloft · Spirit Train · Gerudo Valley
|Trophies & Stickers||Trophies in Melee · Trophies in Brawl · Stickers in Brawl|
|Music||Music in Brawl|