Subspace (Part I)
King Dedede, Luigi, and Ness in the Subspace.
|Universe||Super Smash Bros.|
|Availability||Subspace Emissary only|
Subspace is the twenty-ninth and antepenultimate stage that appears in the Subspace Emissary. The player initially takes control of King Dedede, Ness, or Luigi. As the player travels through the Subspace, they will collect trophies of the other characters that were made into trophies by Tabuu.
 Disaster Strikes
As Ganondorf hails Master Hand, he realizes that Tabuu is controlling Master Hand with the mysterious Chains of Light, stabbed into all five knuckles and in the middle of the back of the hand, and rushes at him using Dark Dive, but Tabuu smashes him back effortlessly. As Ganondorf falls, he breaks the Chains of Light and frees Master Hand, who rushes at Tabuu. Unfortunately, sheer rage was not enough and Tabuu smashed Master Hand effortlessly.
Meanwhile, the heroes, except Wolf, Sonic, Jigglypuff, Toon Link, King Dedede, Ness, and Luigi, infiltrate the Susbspace area, and our heroes are anxiously waiting to storm into it. They rush into a scene in which Tabuu uses his Off Waves to trap the heroes into trophies. As the camera scrolls around, everyone is in trophy form.
Back at King Dedede's castle, Luigi, Ness, and King Dedede are stuck in trophy form. King Dedede's brooches, however, revives Luigi and Ness. After being released from trophy form, they decide to save Dedede and the 3 heroes set off to find the rest of the gang.
 Playable Characters
- Samus - Before the first door the player enters.
- Pit - After Samus, go into the door and enter the first door on the right in the next section of the stage to find Pit.
- Falco - See Pit.
- Lucas - After Falco & Pit, go up top to get Lucas' trophy. Be careful of Trowlons here, as they may lift it up if the trophy is in range.
- Ike- Step on the gold platform to the left to find Ike. This trophy is missed quite often.
- Donkey Kong - Step on the gold platform and jump up and to the right to the Donkey Kong trophy.
- Pokémon Trainer - Go to the and enter a door surrounded by bomb blocks.
- Pikachu - After Pokémon Trainer, break a bomb block near the left to reveal Pikachu. The player has to be quick to grab the trophy before the blocks below them give away.
- Marth - Continue to go right and up and grab the Marth trophy.
- Fox - After Marth go left and enter the door.
- Olimar - See Fox.
- Mr. Game & Watch - After Olimar, head right to find a door, continue right, and destroy the bomb blocks.
- Diddy Kong - Go through the door after finding Mr. Game & Watch and grab Diddy on the left.
- Captain Falcon - After snagging Diddy swipe the Captain on the right.
- Mario - Enter the door on the left. He is the last trophy collected by the three heroes.
- A cutscene occurs and as King Dedede, the player has to beat Bowser in a Brawl match. Dededeciding right away is most effective. Bowser, Luigi, Ness, and King Dedede join the player's team.
- For the first part of the level, Step: Subspace plays.
- In the second half of the level, Step: Subspace Ver.2 plays.
- During the fight against Bowser, Giga Bowser (Melee) plays.
- Immediately after this stage is completed, the player may not replay any of the stages that are set on the Battleship Halberd nor on the Isle of Ancients.