Talk:Wii Fit Trainer (SSB4)
I know we saw the moves, but do we have confirmation as to what controller inputs cause them? Unless we know for a fact that a move is an up tilt, for example, we shouldn't claim it as such. Looking like a type of move is not sufficient information. (See Mario Tornado from Melee to Brawl.) Miles (talk) 19:23, 11 June 2013 (EDT)
- The smashes are confirmed; you see her charging them and done in the listed direction. Omega Tyrant 20:02, 11 June 2013 (EDT)
- 1 3DS appearance
- 2 Moveset
- 3 Alternate Costume?
- 4 The Hulahoops
- 5 Male or female?
- 6 Moveset poses/exercises
- 7 Side Special
- 8 Up and down smashes
- 9 Attributes: Wall of text, should be more concise
- 10 Reorganization Needed: For what, exactly?
- 11 Talking after battle ends (Trivia)
- 12 Trivia point should be removed/changed
- Promotional images can't be assumed to mean anything. Toomai Glittershine The Prismatic 22:43, 11 June 2013 (EDT)
- They said in one of the trailers that all of the characters would be the same from version to version. DoctorPain99 01:22, 12 June 2013 (EDT)
- Sakurai said that the only the difference between the Wii u version and the 3DS version will be in the stages, at 3DS version we will find more stages from 3DS games (portable titles) and at the Wii U version we will se more stages from Wii and Wii U games (to-home titles)Hi I'm Fenix 11:50, 12 June 2013 (EDT)
- Actually, Sakurai said that the number of characters would be the same from version to version. There's a big difference. ChuckNorris 11:52, 12 June 2013 (EDT)
- Marth and Roy in Melee had no home stages. Scr7 11:11, 14 July 2013 (EDT)
- And it was just said stages in general would be based on handheld games on the 3DS, not that all stages will be handheld based. Omega Tyrant 11:27, 14 July 2013 (EDT)
This is just speculation and should be removed. No official source confirms that the Male Wii Fit Trainer will be such. Also, to respond to Ixbran's statement in the edit summary ("If he were an assist trophy, a section dedicated to assist trophies would be on the official site"), how do you figure that? There doesn't appear to be such on the Dojo's archive, and that page had a section for stages, which is absent for the Smash 4 site. Also, while one would assume Sakurai would confirm Assist Trophies their first appearance in a pic of the day, the same could also be said of alternate costumes. JamesHeart 09:05, 31 October 2013 (EDT)
- Can I get some kind of response to this? Is there an official source that says it's an alternate costume? Because Sakurai's pic of the day comment didn't. JamesHeart 21:10, 31 October 2013 (EDT)
- It could be an alt. costume or Sakurai really decided to make a Male Wii Fit Trainer char. On another note, if it is an alt. costume I have a question: has anyone ever heard FWFT make any vocalizations? Because people will be stereotyping if MWFT is a palette swap and has female grunts. RoyboyX Talk 21:28, 31 October 2013 (EDT)
- We don't know the Male trainer's role in the game. It would be odd if he was an alternate costume for the Wii Fit Trainer we have, since while there were alternate costumes inspired by other characters like Peach's Daisy costume, they don't come close enough to the character. The Daisy costume just looks like Peach wearing orange and dyed her hair, and does not have Daisy's face. And the alternate costumes are based on color, and the two Wii Fit Trainers wear a similar color scheme, so it is a stretch (stretch, wii fit, get it?) to consider the Male trainer an alternate costume. Why isn't Toon Link or Young Link an alt costume for Link? Or Dr. Mario a costume for Mario? Nothing's confirmed for Male Wii Fit Trainer. He can be an assist trophy or something. Best not to assume until it is confirmed. SeanWheeler (talk) 16:50, 2 November 2013 (EDT)
Sakury never siad that The HUEla hoops were her up specile moves. Speculaton.
Male or female?
Whether or not we need to refer to the WFT or Villager as female or male, respectively, is a legitimate debate because both titles are ambiguous. I have two ways we can address the issue that is what to refer to the Wii Fit Trainer and Villager:
- We can assign genders based on the artwork (Villager's shows the male, so we use "he," "his," and "him", and WFT's is female, so we use "her," "hers," and "she")
- We can use "they" and "their" to be neutral.
- First option would be better. If we referred to WFT with "they", then we run into wording issues such as, "They unleash a powerful yoga punch", which would heavily imply that they're a duo character when they definitely aren't. MegaTron1XD 23:45, 11 July 2014 (EDT)
- I'd refer to WFT and Villager as a female and male, respectively. Their default costumes/palette swaps display them as female and male, again, respectively. Chilex (talk) 23:50, 11 July 2014 (EDT)
I noticed that the main page is lacking in terms of WFT's moves. After watching various videos, I feel fairly certain about most of these points. Even though some may be obvious and/or already known, I want to point out all of them anyway:
- Her crouch is Push-Ups; she can crawl by hopping forward and back.
- When she falls face-up, she is in the Spinal Twist pose. Her get-up attack may also be the Spinal Twist, but I'm not certain.
- All of her dodge animations seem to be the Half-Moon pose.
- Her jab is 2 hits of the Single Leg Twist, followed by a Lunge (both are muscle exercises).
- Her dash attack is the Gate pose.
- When she attacks from a ledge, it's the Side Plank from the Push-Up and Side Plank exercise.
- Her grab/pummel appears to be the Rowing Squat exercise.
- Her forward tilt is the Dance pose.
- Her up tilt is the Triangle pose.
- Her down tilt is the Bridge pose.
- The Single Leg Extension exercise could either be her neutral or forward aerial.
- The Half-Moon pose could be her up, forward, or neutral aerial. This is somewhat odd as it appears her Half-Moon pose is also her dodge animation.
- The Jackknife exercise could be her up or neutral aerial.
- The Chair pose appears to be her down aerial.
- Her back aerial appears to be the Cobra pose, but I'm not completely certain.
- Unless these are confirmed by Sakurai, it's merely speculation to assume they are named after a similar pose. ...a new Nuttais approaching... 11:57, 18 July 2014 (EDT)
For some reason one of the images says that the soccer ball is "possibly a side special." 1. Why did you allow speculation like that on the mainspace? 2. We've already seen that it is her side special. Might need a change. 188.8.131.52 12:40, 22 August 2014 (EDT)
Up and down smashes
Attributes: Wall of text, should be more concise
I can only shrink this section so much by myself. Can someone help, I can't shrink it anymore without risking removing important info and annoying someone. 184.108.40.206 20:47, 6 May 2015 (EDT)
Reorganization Needed: For what, exactly?
I can't reorganize this page unless I know What to organize. Can someone elaborate on this tag? 220.127.116.11 16:34, 7 May 2015 (EDT)
Talking after battle ends (Trivia)
In the Trivia Section there ist says: "Oddly, if the match is quit or won while the Wii Fit Trainer is speaking (through a taunt or a smash attack), it can still be heard, even over the announcer. She shares this with Bayonetta."
This claim is misleading or at least incomplete, as there are other characters whose talking is not cut by the announcer. When female Corrin dies (i never heard the male one) she says something. This sound is so long, it almost even reaches to the winning characters winning pose sound. Can somebody confirm that all sounds are played to the end and are not cut by the announcer or the game ending and the two examples mentioned are only very long so you could notice it? or is there an confirmed example of any (speech-) soundfile being cut before it would end?
Trivia point should be removed/changed
One of the trivia says WFT is the only gender changing character to be female by default. The Inkling in Ultimate is default female, so it needs to be removed, or changed to say either that she's the only character like this in SSB4, or she and the Inkling are the only two. 18.104.22.168 18:51, 31 July 2018 (EDT)Blueflame105
- That trivia applies only to SSB4 (hence it being on this page) so I say it still stands. Her general page does make them being the only two with a female default clear. - EndGenuity (talk) 19:00, 31 July 2018 (EDT)