For all characters I’m seeing some videos of characters and analyzing what moves have been given an upgrade or if that move gotten worse —Preceding unsigned comment added by SuperPeachy (talk • contribs) 13:00 10 August 2018 (EDT)
- Individual attacks are likely to be adjusted further before launch, so avoid listing off minor changes on character pages. Stuff like new animations are fine, though. Also, please sign your talk page entries with ~~~~. Nyargleblargle (Contribs) 13:48, 10 August 2018 (EDT)
I was wondering if Pikachu should be referred to as a male, mostly because that's the default gender. I see someone edited my edit on Thunder for that reason. Iridium77 (talk) 20:21, 10 August 2018 (EDT)
- SW:1RV says to leave your undone edits alone for now, but this raises an interesting debate. On one hand, Sakurai has explicitly referred to costumes as male or female, so the Robin rule applies here. On the other hand, Pokémon are supposed to be referred to as gender-neutral. I’d say the former rule should take priority, personally, because Pikachu wasn’t explicitly given a gender in Smash until this game IIRC so this is a unique case, but I’m open to other opinions. Nyargleblargle (Contribs) 21:27, 12 August 2018 (EDT)
Do you think Pikachu is overrated and should be nerfed ?
From what i heard and saw, Pikachu was buffed too much when it was already a solid high tier(15th out of 55 in SSB4), and in my opinion, this is because its new neutral aerial, its forward and back aerials have too little risk and too much reward, since they have too little ending lag, are easy to follow up and can easily cause a zero-to-death combo. In my opinion, my nerfs to Pikachu would be the following: neutral and forward aerial will not be able to autocancel in a short hop, down aerial's meteor smash sweetspot will last 1 frame instead of 2 and neutral, forward and back aerials will have 7 more frames of ending lag and forward aerial will launch at a 70 degrees angle. What do you think?22.214.171.124 16:34, October 23, 2019 (EDT)
- First, this is not how a talk page should be used, and second, please sign your name with four tides (~). RandomUltimate (talk) 12:20, October 23, 2019 (EDT)
"Pikachu can perform zero to death combos without risk even against experienced players."
Is this statement true? Due experienced players get zero-to-death comboed by him in Ultimate, and is it really without risk? I'm mostly asking for confirmation because this was added by the same IP who has the opinion that Pikachu is broken and should be nerfed, and was responsible for getting the Kirby (SSBU) page protected, so I'm rather skeptical about this line. SupαToαd64 23:24, February 1, 2020 (EST)
- This definitely seems extremely biased to me, if not opinionated. Pikachu's combo game is renowned but the way that statement is worded is just exaggerating it. Extra points to noticing the IP, as that's a big signal that the statement probably isn't neutral. Rewriting it along the lines of "it has an excellent combo game that can potentially cause zero-to-deaths" is more than enough. Mexi (talk) 01:03, February 2, 2020 (EST)
- I knew the wording sounded overly optimistic, but because I don't follow the competitive scene I needed a backup opinion before deciding to rewrite it, so thanks to this I rewrote it to be more neutral and to accommodate with SW:NPOV.
- Also started digging through revision histories and found this edit. This same IP undid my revision that previously removed other opinionated statments about Pikachu as seen here, and the edit in the former link, along with the summary, is evident that this IP is exaggerating. SupαToαd64 01:58, February 2, 2020 (EST)