I think we should add a "World Record" box to the side of these event matches, if anyone could fine them it would help. Typh 15:49, January 17, 2007 (GMT)
I added one: see template:event. --MaskedMarth 17:40, January 17, 2007 (GMT)
I don't know where to find the "authenticated official" world records though. >_> Typh 19:06, January 17, 2007 (GMT)
This seems to be the definitive site for Stadium video world records. For BtT and HRC world records, Gamefaqs is a good resource too. Can't find any thing yet for Event Match (non-video) records. --MaskedMarth 21:21, January 17, 2007 (GMT)
Well yeah, BtT and HRC is easy. :p thanks. Typh 17:52, January 18, 2007 (GMT)
Every event page, almost, say your choice. While only 3rd person pronouns are allowed, this should be removed, and changed to "Anyone" or something. Or we can hire a bot. 20:11, February 23, 2007 (GMT)
All of them are fixed now. The Magnum Master 22:56, February 23, 2007 (GMT)
Lives Vs. Stock
Currently, each event page's infobox uses the word "lives" instead of "stock". I realize that this is an acceptable slang term, but I think it would be prudent to use the correct term in these many standardized instances. Zixor (talk) 02:08, 22 December 2008 (UTC)
Correct me if I'm wrong...
...but doesn't every event have exactly one song that can play during the match? It's never random, from what I can tell. This is obvious when a song is used on a different stage than normal (already noted), but other times too. Event 1: Two Trouble Kings always plays Title/Ending (Super Mario World), for example. Should we note this as part of the infobox? Miles (talk) 18:25, 31 May 2009 (UTC)
- You're not wrong. You are, in fact, right. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the music chosen for each Event Match is quite often appropriate for the Event description. And yes, we could note this as part of the infobox. PenguinofDeath 18:34, 31 May 2009 (UTC)
- There's Co-Op Event 11: The Great Remodeling Battle, although that's a co-op event. Smiddle 君怒る? 14:32, 16 August 2011 (EDT)
Melee event pictures
I am completely aware of how Melee lacks the pictured events as Brawl did, but would it be acceptable if someone took a picture of the events occuring (e.g. Yoshi's Egg's image)? Granted, most of them would have nothing to represent them besides what appears like an ordinary match, but must they be without pictures? MegaTron1XD 01:32, 22 December 2011 (EST)
- As long as the pictures represent the event, I would find them acceptable. Omega Tyrant 02:33, 22 December 2011 (EST)
Super Smash Bros. for Wii U Events
Would it be a good idea to split the list of events into "Single Player Events" and "Multiplayer Events"? I just think that that is a good option for organizing. Aidan the Gamer 09:22, 16 November 2014 (EST)
Inconsistencies with Event titles
Nice work to all those who created the Smash 4 event match articles. However, I would like to note that these Event Match articles do not feature any sort of "lead-in" for the article title, whereas those for Melee and Brawl feature a lead-in (compare Identity Crisis to Event 33: Lethal Marathon). This creates an inconsistency between the games; as such, should we move the old Event Matches to pages that do not feature the event number in them, or should we just leave them be?
- It's not a bad idea I guess, similar in principle to moving stages away from "Infinite Glacier: Icicle Mountain". Toomai Glittershine The Riotous 00:49, 30 November 2014 (EST)
- Bump. Hm...I was considering going for it and moving all such pages while simultaneously appending speedy delete tags on the redirects, but then I learnt we have pages like this. In this case, should we still hold onto these pages and alter the links accordingly, or delete them outright? I don't think most people would directly search "Event 35", but it's something that should be considered.
Event Match getting vandalized by IPs
The page Event Match is getting messed up repeatedly by what I saw, 3 different IPs so far, would a protection on the page work? Kirby's Crazy Appetite ~ 08:12, 6 October 2016 (EDT)
- I wouldn't call it vandalizing, but the edit warring is also in violation of policy and fairly intense, so I've semiprotected the page for a month. Nyargleblargle (Contribs) 13:05, 6 October 2016 (EDT)
A shame this had to be locked, but it's understandable. I wanted to add in the Trivia section that Brawl is the only game in which none of the Event matches involve fighing bosses (you fight the two Hands and Giga Bowser at the end of the Melee events, and the stage bosses in the Wii U ones).