|Location||Southern California, United States|
|Owners||James Chacon (Jmex)|
|Sponsors/Partners||eSports Arena in Santa Ana|
2GGaming (2GG), originally known as 2GoodGaming, was a for-profit organization based in Southern California that hosts events for the Smash community. Since the beginning of 2016, they have grown rapidly with large amounts of support. 2GG has had an increase in stream viewers and more tournament entrants due to consistently organizing and hosting events of high quality for Super Smash Bros. for Wii U. They also sponsored top professional players, either for the duration of a tournament or for a longer period of time, like VoiD or komorikiri.
2GGaming announced its hiatus on October 4th, 2021, and has since disbanded.
|ID||Name||Game||Main(s)||Join Date||Leave Date|
|VoiD||James Makekau-Tyson||Super Smash Bros. for Wii U||2016-01-05||2016-06-16|
|komorikiri||Rei Furukawa||Super Smash Bros. for Wii U||2016-11-15||2018-11-01|
- Champ (Co-founder, Tournament director)
- Jmex (Owner, Co-founder, Tournament director and Stream management)
- Javi (Tournament director, Photographer)
- Zfly (Commentator, Master of ceremonies)
- Warchief (Stream management)
- Demi (Chief Financial Officer)
- Kwon (Content creator, Video editor, joined September 10th, 2016)
- tinysyd (Content creator, Graphic designer, joined April 6th, 2017)
- Vance (Commentator and Stream Management)
- Qiom (Tournament director)
- BAM (Commentator, Public relations)
- K0rean (Commentator)
- strides (Commentator)
2GG hosted several tournament series, most of which saw at least 2 entries. Some of their most prominent series include:
- Sagas: 2GG's main tournament series. Sagas are often national-level tournaments that either stars a certain player or revolves around a prominent Smash franchise.
- 2GGT: A tournament series held from 2015-2016 that flew out starring players to compete against SoCal's best players. The tournament series helped bring 2GGaming into the spotlight and established the team as a household name.
- 2GG Championship Series: The spiritual successor to 2GGT. A circuit spanning 2017 leading up to a 20-player championship, with a $100,000 pot split between eleven tournaments. The circuit featured some of the largest Smash 4 tournaments of all time, including 2GGC: Civil War, a tournament that featured almost all players that were globally ranked at the time.
- Outside of 2GGT and 2GGC, there were three other saga tournaments that were hosted under the "2GG" title: 2GG: Hyrule Saga for Smash 4 and 2GG: Prime Saga and 2GG: Kongo Saga for Ultimate. A third Ultimate saga, 2GG: Final Saga, was planned to take place in 2020 but was postponed due to the COVID-19 pandemic, and was ultimately cancelled following 2GG's disbandment.
A common theme in 2GG tournaments is the "2GG Curse," where the featured players fail to win the tournament:
- Fatality Saga - 7th
- ESAM Saga - 5th
- The False Awakens - 2nd
- EE Saga - 49th
- FOW Saga - 4th
- Fresh Saga - 17th
- Mexico Saga - 4th (Hyuga, the best placing Mexican player)
- KTAR Saga - 2nd (Marss, the best placing player out of everyone who was either from Tristate and/or a former KTAR winner)
- Abadango Saga - 13th
- ZeRo Saga - 4th
- GENESIS Saga - 1st (While ZeRo was a past GENESIS winner, the curse ruling stated that he must win GENESIS 4, the tournament the saga is dedicated to promoting. ZeRo ultimately placed 3rd).
- Midwest Mayhem Saga - 4th (Ned, the highest placing out of anyone who was either a Midwest Mayhem winner and/or from the Midwest).
- Civil War - 49th (ZeRo) and 25th (Ally), a tournament intended to highlight their rivalry.
- Greninja Saga - 13th (Lea, the highest placing Greninja player).
- Nairo Saga - 4th
- ARMS Saga - 25th (Sol, the winner of the ARMS side tournament).
- SCR Saga - 13th (ANTi, the SCR 2016 champion) and 3rd (Larry Lurr, the SCR 2015 champion)
- West Side Saga - 7th (Charliedaking, the highest placing player from the western USA)
- Fire Emblem Saga - 13th (Mr.E, the highest placing player who only used Fire Emblem characters)
- MkLeo Saga - 3rd
- Hyrule Saga - 2nd (Mr.R, the highest placing player who only used Zelda characters)
- Prime Saga - 13th (YB, the highest placing player who only used Metroid characters)
- Kongo Saga - 33rd (Twinkle, the highest placing player who only used Donkey Kong or a Banjo-Kazooie characters)
|2GGT||Fatality Saga · ESAM Saga · The False Awakens · EE Saga · FOW Saga · Fresh Saga · Mexico Saga · KTAR Saga · Abadango Saga · ZeRo Saga|
|2GG Championship Series||GENESIS Saga · Midwest Mayhem Saga · Civil War · Greninja Saga · Nairo Saga · ARMS Saga · SCR Saga · West Side Saga · Fire Emblem Saga · MkLeo Saga · 2GG Championship|
|Phase 3||MomoCon 2018 · 2GG: Hyrule Saga · Smash Sounds · Shine Con 2018 · SoCal Regionals 2018|
|Ultimate Sagas||Prime Saga · Kongo Saga|
|Road to Mango Juice 2||The Mango · The Mang0: Homecoming · The Kid, the Goat, and the Mang0|
|Grand Tours||South Carolina · Ohio (Run it Back)|
|2GG: Breakthroughs||Breakthrough · Breakthrough 2 · Breakthrough 2019|
|SwitchFests||SwitchFest · SwitchFest 2019|
|Online events||2GG Crisis Core: Final Saga · 2GG West Coast Invitational|
|Other events||2GG: Pay It Forward · SoCal Melee Arcadian · Wombo Combo: 10 Year Anniversary · Heart of Battle · Ultimate Nimbus · 2GG: Nightmare on Smashville · Tri-state Showdown: Fall 2019 · 2GG: All In|