- Please use the forum for these kinds of discussions. This talk page is for the article and related questions. FyreNWater - (Talk • Contributions ) 21:49, 25 April 2008 (UTC)
- This kind of information should actually be in the article, now that I think of it. --Randall00 23:30, 25 April 2008 (UTC)
Is there any source for him being in the Wario Universe? I thought we had yet to see anything from Wario in SSB4. -- (The preceding signed comment was made by Ghabulous Ghoti) 20:39, 5 May 2014 (EDT)
- He's introduced with the Wario universe symbol at 15 minutes in the direct, so he's part of the Wario universe. MegaTron1XD 20:47, 5 May 2014 (EDT)
- No. We keep info on characters from the fanmade mods off of the actual character articles. Disaster Flare (talk) 13:03, 9 May 2017 (EDT)
@ the IP who removed the trivia point
Continuing my edit summary, this is a collection of screenshots of a user making numerous requests to the point of harassment, and this is proof that Sakurai blocked them on Twitter. I hope that this cements why it should stay further. Aidan, the College-Bound Rurouni 10:49, 25 July 2018 (EDT)
You have a very solid point, and I agree I'm wrong, though might I request you put those links in place of the ones currently there? The link provided presents no proof and is just a forum post. I feel having actual screenshots would be more appropriate. - The IP who removed it. 12:41, 25 July 2018 (CDT)
I've been putting in my best effort to try to downtone this. What seems to be shown as a bunch of people is really just a few kids on Twitter harassing Sakurai. As much as I love Waluigi, since before I could even spell his name, and having the face of our fanbase being the worst part of it pains me. I've realized despite my efforts, I'm being more of a nuisance. I apologize for any trouble I've caused. - A sorry IP 3:22, 25 July 2018 (CDT)
Okay, I have had it. I'm getting sick and tired of seeing constant rubbish being added to the page by unknown users and vandals. Semi-protecting the page would prevent that and only allow professionals to edit in or take out information. Speed48 15:49, 28 July 2018 (EDT)
- Support, he's basically a meme at this point, so I'd say semi-protection is imperative. Alex the Jigglypuff trainer 15:53, 28 July 2018 (EDT)
- I mean... there's only been the one edit war (which was peacefully resolved, as seen above) and one vandalism strike, so I think you're overblowing the "constant rubbish" a bit.
- That said, it does seem like a pretty likely target for continued vandalism even if we haven't seen it yet, so I support. TheNuttyOne 15:55, 28 July 2018 (EDT)
- I see no reason to semi-protect at the current moment. Nothing I've seen on the page seems too out of place. Aidan, the College-Bound Rurouni 16:17, 28 July 2018 (EDT)
- That's only as of this very moment. I mean like stuff that happened in the past, plus like what NuttyOne said, it's a constant target for vandalism. It'll only get worse if the page isn't semi-protected. Speed48 16:29, 28 July 2018 (EDT)
- Support but I don't think calling auto-confirmed users "professionals" is accurate. Ponyshment 16:56, 28 July 2018 (EDT)
I will not be semi-protecting this article not unless it gets ridiculous. For right now, the one minor thing we just got is the only offense on this page in this month. Deal with it.16:59, 28 July 2018 (EDT)
Waluigi trivia point
I don't care one way or the other, but quit edit warring.16:48, 28 July 2018 (EDT)
- Yes, it wasn't all fans. But it wasn't just "some" fans either. #JusticeForWaluigi is a big trend on Twitter, whether it's meant to be serious or not, but there are fans who are legitimately pissed off and will not stop whining. And think about how big the Smash fanbase is: there's millions of people worldwide who play this game, competitively or not, and a good chunk of those fans want Waluigi in.
- And @Nutta: if you want the wording to sound less like we're singling out people, then "some" is the opposite of what you want to say. Aidan, the College-Bound Rurouni 17:00, 28 July 2018 (EDT)
- The definition of some is "an unspecified amount or number of". Theoretically, "some" could be "all". It is vague enough that a Waluigi fan won't feel accused, but everyone gets the idea that there are multiple culprits.
- Also, it's not that I don't want to single people out -- I'd actually rather single people out than to accuse a huge group of people who are not all responsible. I'd be fine with a list of every single Twitter user who participated in this; but that's unreasonable, so "some" accomplishes a similar goal. TheNuttyOne 18:26, 28 July 2018 (EDT)
- Yes, some is an important distinction, as otherwise the trivia point comes across as a generalization. Saying "men commit crimes" is a far greater generalization than "some men commit crimes" for instance. It's important that we don't imply that all Smash Bros and Waluigi fans (or at least, the majority of them) are like this. Alex the Jigglypuff trainer 18:45, 28 July 2018 (EDT)
Don't say "Most" as it is infact "Some"
Here is the definition of Harassment. "Agressive pressure or indimidation". It's not harassing Sakurai by making jokes. Personally as a fellow IP address Waluigi is falsely identified and many have apologized over and over again, even if they didn't do anything. The Waluigi fanbase shouldn't be identified by these 2 people, which is the main people who are getting brought up when Waluigi harassment is talked about. The amount of people harassing Sakurai, is by definition, "Some". Most of the fanbase wouldn't ping Sakurai daily and if they talk about Waluigi it comes out of deep sincerity or just because they want to have a joke. It shouldn't be illegal to love your favorite character just because 2 children decided to be disrespectful to Sakurai. By saying "Most" you're shining a bad light on the Waluigi fandom. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 188.8.131.52 (talk • contribs) 17:27, 28 July 2018 (EDT)
- There was no need to create another section for this. 17:27, 28 July 2018 (EDT)
Added a bunch of stuff
Yeah I pretty much added a lot of stuff to this article because I felt it was kinda "unfinished". Tell me what I should add/do better if you want. Pappy Parappy (talk) 10:50, 12 November 2018 (EST) Pappy Parappy (talk) 10:50, 12 November 2018 (EST)
- I wonder if the requests of other characters should be noted like Waluigi. I mean, is Geno’s notable? SonDaniel (talk page) 19:49, April 7, 2020 (EDT)