Two questions that I think I already know the answers to but want to make sure:
- Does Link's shield work in SSB64? I'm pretty sure it doesn't.
- Does any Link's shield work in anything other than a standing position (such as walking or falling)? Again, I'm rather sure you have to be standing still.
- You can block while crouching, it just has to be a low projectile. An Ice Shot, for example, is easily blocked while crouching.L33t Silvie I see wat u did thar...
Is anyone going to edit this thing and put in what his shield can stop? Every time I do it, it is gone. I've compiled a list of everything it can block on my user page.VenomDarkfyre (talk) 09:26, 27 July 2011 (EDT)
Your list gets removed because one statement saying "must be both reflectable and blockable" is far easier to understand than a large list of things. Toomai Glittershine The Celeritous 09:47, 27 July 2011 (EDT)
Merge this article
This is a stub. We don't need an article this short on one character's shield. Yoshi doesn't have a page for his shield, so why should Link need one? Just make this page into a section on shield. Dr. Pain 99 (talk) 15:54, June 16, 2010 (UTC)
- Disagree. Yoshi doesn't need a page for his shield because it's functionally similar to everyone else's. This is different, it's an entirely unique mechanic that three characters across two games share. Toomai Glittershine The Stats Guy 15:57, June 16, 2010 (UTC)
- I agree with what Toomai said, but this is also separate from a shield. Therefore, it should not be merged with the shield page. Also, just because an article is a stub doesn't mean that it should be deleted or merged if it merits an article of its own, no matter how short it is. Before I came along, the Momentum Canceling page was nothing but a pitiful stub. Now, it is a full fledged article that I'm certain will become a featured article in the future. Omega Tyrant 16:16, June 16, 2010 (UTC)
- As per Toomai and Omega. Miles (talk) 16:38, June 16, 2010 (UTC)
Oppose The name of this object is just shield. But since it conflicts with the shield article, we just put (Link) at the end. This is consistent with many other articles too. Scr7(talk · contribs) 05:32, 24 April 2014 (EDT)