Strong Oppose. The Final Smashes should not be merged. They are different ascetically, most likely as they are used by different characters. Not only that, they have different names.
In the case of Wario’s FS in Ultimate, the functioned changed but kept the same name so it stays on the same page. In cases like Luigi and Rosalina in Ultimate, their names change but the functioned changed, so they stay on the same page. In cases like Bowser and Little Mac in Ultimate, their moves changed in both function and name, so they were separated.
The moves being “exactly the same” should not enough to merge them. Perhaps if it was like Luigi and Rosalina’s, but the moves are used by two different characters with different names. If we were to merge Final Smashes based “function” then we’d be merging Secret Ninja Attack and Omnislash, or Light Arrow, Dark Pit Staff and Ancient Bow and Arrow, or Giga Bowser Punch and Lightning Chariot, or Mario Finale and Wii Fit, or Volt Tackle and Super Sonic, or Triple Finish and Killer Wail. They look different because they are used by different characters but function the same. “Final Smashes can be categorized into five types”, because they have similar functions. Honestly, this seems more of a bases to legalize the FS Meter by only using characters who’s FSs are similar or the same.
- On the grounds that Critical Hit and Landmaster all are on one page, I support this move. The thing isn't that it's "the same in function", it's that it's the same thing, just with a slightly different appearance. Moves acting similarly to one another is different from two attacks being the same in everything but appearance. Does your basis mean that Dark Pit's specials should be separated from Pit's, just because they're different in name? Aidan, the Irish Rurouni 23:00, 8 March 2019 (EST)
- The diffidence is that "Critical Hit" and "Landmaster" are the same Final Smash, just used by different characters. Just like Triforce Slash and PK Starstorm. Others, like my examples, function the same if not similar. This is more so that the reasoning for wanting the merge was that "The two moves are exactly the same". I do agree that it is a "reskin" of Peach's, but the game does classify it as a separate move in the move guide in training mode (at least I think that where that is). Plus, it would be a little inconsistent with the other Final Smashes if it is merged, being the only one used with two diffrent names and used by two different characters. I feel like it would be like merging Ryu's and Ken's. Although they both have a move with "Shoryuken" in it, they are different moves with different names used by two different characters.
- With bows, I am not sure. Rather than having individual discussions on Daisy's, Dr. Mario's, Isabelle's Final Smashes (and possibly other moves), it would probably be better to tackle them all together in a more general proposal/discussion. (Not sure where to post it) If Daisy's weren't to keep her FS page, would the same go for Dark Samus or Dr. Mario? And what the remote bomb? Should it be merged with the other bombs because the bows, capes, and boomerangs are? Even if conciseness were to be reached with one of the moves, it would really only apply to the one case rather than all of them. Wolff (talk) 02:10, 9 March 2019 (EST)
Restarting this. Despite the general proposal, this page should be merged. All of Daisy's specials are on the same page as Peach's, and despite all FS pages being split, Daisy's is functionally identical to Peach's so there's no reason to keep it split. OmegαToαd the Toαd Wαrrior (BUP) 08:24, April 4, 2020 (EDT)
- Also support the merge for the same reasons. There were other cloned Final Smashes that were "decided" to be split, but this one in particular is egregious hanks to Daisy's other specials already being merged. 18.104.22.168 16:48, April 4, 2020 (EDT)
- I agree with OmegαToαd the Toαd Wαrrior (BUP) and 22.214.171.124. It should be merged with Peach Blossom like all of their special moves. SonDaniel (talk page) 16:35, April 7, 2020 (EDT)
- Daisy is a clone with the same mechanics :( Just thinking of Final Smashes, it is no different from Marth and Lucina's Final Smash: Critical Hit, it has the same function but different aesthetics. I support this merge from Daisy Blossom to Peach Blossom. — Derekblue1 (talk) 01:22, April 13, 2020 (EDT)
Never mind I misread 126.96.36.199 16:19, August 3, 2020 (EDT)
Why is this a separate page but not Daisy Bomber/Parasol?
Looking at the discussion above, it seemed like this did not initially merge because the moves had different names, despite being functionally identical. But neither Daisy Bomber nor Daisy Parasol have different pages, which makes Wolff's "consensus" to not merge confusing. 188.8.131.52 21:20, March 5, 2020 (EST)
- From the looks of it, Final Smashes are treated differently than regular special moves, in that they're kept separate (even if they function identically) if they have unique names. Doctor Finale, Team Star Wolf, and Dream Town Hall follow this rule too, since they're separate from Mario Finale, Team Star Fox, and Dream Home. It seems a bit odd to me, too, but it's consistent. Might be worth making a proposal about it. ~ Serena Strawberry (talk) 22:22, March 5, 2020 (EST)
As user Alex the weeb has stated, there is no consensus for this topic yet. 184.108.40.206 16:17, August 3, 2020 (EDT)