I find it so funny that we're mentioning, of all characters, Marth, Sheik, and Ice Climbers needing chain throwing to overcome their deficiencies. --MaskedMarth 16:26, September 27, 2006 (GMT)
Is that what you gathered? I've always found that chain grabing is important, but not exactly necissary. What/who said that we needed to use chain grabbing to overcome decicincies? Oddeven2002 17:37, September 27, 2006 (GMT)
"However, tournament players generally see it as a valid technique which characters like Sheik, Marth, and the Ice Climbers need to overcome other deficiencies." That's in the article ^_^. --MaskedMarth 18:54, September 27, 2006 (GMT)
- I added that line based on observations of highest-level matches involving the characters mentioned. Marth vs Falco, for example, is slated very hard against Marth without chaingrabbing (see PC chris or Bombsoldier vs Ken). Same with Ice Climbers vs Peach/Ganon/Marth/Fox/Falco/Falcon. Sheik is much more debatable, but without dthrow jab dthrow ftilt slap for a free 30-40 damage every stock vs Marth, the match would be much harder. It's an opinion I feel is backed up by fact, but you're welcome to edit or clarify the statement. --nealdt 22:41, September 28, 2006 (GMT)
- I wasn't objecting to it, I just thought it was a little funny that the upper tiered Marth and Sheik should be considered to have deficiencies without chain grabbing, when there are low tier chars like Mewtwo languishing in deficiency upon deficiency.
- Of course, competitive play ignores those low tier chars, so Marth and Sheik's deficiencies DO come into play. So you're perfectly right. --MaskedMarth 05:56, September 29, 2006 (GMT)
Lucasthalefty (talk) 07:45, 9 March 2009 (UTC) This is Smash Wiki right? Even though Brawl just came out not every example has to be from brawl. Forms of chaingrabbing started back in Smash 64. I'm going to add a section for the first game because there were legit grabbing combos in that game.
Zelda's Down Throw
Zelda can perform a chain grab with her down throw in Melee on super heavyweights (like Bowser and Donkey Kong). However, it does slightly more base knockback in Brawl, lessening this. I will do a video later to show you more precisely how to perform it. YoshiKong (talk) 12:37, 21 November 2014 (EST)
- No you can DI out past 20.-- 21:31, 5 January 2015 (EST)
Luigi, Sheik and Roy in SSB4.
Can these fighters still "chain grab"? I know Luigi's down throw has much more knockback-growth (1.1.0), but it should still work at low percentages. Sheik's up air hits one less time (1.0.4), but I don't see how that would remove her "chain grab" completely. Roy hasn't been changed in this area so I imagine he still can "chain grab". -- Ethan7 (talk) 11:12, 7 November 2015 (EST)
- Well they're already listed on the page as characters that can "grab > something else > grab" notably. Toomai Glittershine The Celeritous 11:15, 7 November 2015 (EST)
CG also stands for computer generated. Should we add that to the article?
Hey, new editor here and I found this article while browsing through the list of articles that need cleanup. Should the examples section include every fighter that can chain grab or should it have only a few fighters? I don't know what the standard is for lists. Also, what qualifies as unneeded info, and how can I condense that? StealYourHeart, not a Phantom Thief 12:04, April 18, 2019 (EDT)
- I just came across this as well. The chaingrabs need to be listed as we.do with other techniques that I can't list at the moment. I believe that some of it is poorly written as stated and needs additions. I'll try and clean it up when I can.
Ganon and G&W's chains in Brawl
Hello there! I'm trying to clean up this page as requested when I read about Ganondorf and Mr. Game & Watch's chain grabs in Brawl. They do work on most characters, but you have to predict what the character is doing before you perform it. I am not a competitive expert in the slightest, but does that count as a chain if it doesn't infinite? If I'm wrong about this please forgive me, I just want to make this article as neat as possible. Revbecca! 10:43, December 10, 2019 (EST)
The best way to go about restructuring this page is to keep examples to notable, true, meta-defining chain grabs. Many of the ones on the page are not. If they are to be kept I'd say have a List of Chain Grabs page or something.
- King K. Rool's Down Throw "chain grab" is not only untrue, but also isn't really a chain grab. The entire Ultimate section may as well be removed.
- Ganondorf's Flame Choke should be removed for the same reason as above.
- The 64 Combo Tent part seems a bit overly specific, especially since Hyrule Castle isn't often legal anymore.
- Melee Falcon's can be escaped with DI which is said even in the example.
- Brawl Dedede's section is very long for good reason, but a majority of it could be simply transferred to his Brawl Down Throw page and linked appropriately.
- Brawl Kirby has a "u-tilt" typo which should be up tilt.
- Peach has "Bair" which should be back aerial.
There's a lot more to go through but christ it's hard to read this.
Another idea would be to make a table with all these in, akin to Armor.
Thank you for your suggestions! I have addressed these as such, though I'm not sure about a list of chain grabs page. That's up to the higher-ups. Kind regards! Revbecca! 07:59, January 6, 2020 (EST)