Spring (stage element)
Springs are recurring stage elements in the Super Smash Bros. series. When landing on them, characters are strongly propelled upwards. This cancels any other animation the character is in, meaning springs can be exploited to avoid lag.
Springs appear in the following stages:
- several Subspace Emissary stages.
- PictoChat (Springs drawing only).
- the Smash Run stage.
- Gaur Plain (for Wii U and Ultimate only).
- Palutena's Temple.
- Windy Hill Zone.
Elements which have a more distinct appearance but nonetheless work as springs include:
- the firefighters' tarp in Flat Zone 2 and Flat Zone X.
- the ropes in Boxing Ring.
- the Warp Pipe in Paper Mario (for Nintendo 3DS only).
Springs can also be used as Stage Builder elements in Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Super Smash Bros. for Wii U, and Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. Both Brawl and for Wii U allow yellow and green springs to be used, with green springs bouncing characters higher in for Wii U. Ultimate allows only one type of spring with characters bouncing higher only when they hold a jump input.