Featured articles are considered to be the best articles on SmashWiki, as determined by our editors. Before being listed here, articles should be reviewed for accuracy, completeness, and style. A small, stylized Super Smash Bros. logo with a star on an article's page indicates that the article is featured, or has been featured in the past.
You can view all featured article snippets on SmashWiki:Featured content/Full.
Rules and regulations
- Feature articles will be chosen quarterly: on the first of January, April, July, and October.
New suggestions may not be added in the month leading up to the next featured article (e.g. no suggestions in December because it's a month before January).
- Feature articles will be chosen based on vote count alone. The initial suggestion counts as one vote to the positive, and users may not therefore vote again.
- The article with the highest vote total (supports being +1, opposes being -1) will be chosen.
- In the event of a tie, an admin picks which article gets used.
- Suggestions expire:
- a year after they are given, should they not be chosen.
- quarterly if they have a score of less than 0.
- There may be no more than 10 suggestions at any one time.
Each user is limited to one suggestion per voting period.
- All suggestions will be archived when they pass or fail.
- All votes should be bolded or they will not be counted. (e.g. "support because this page is the greatest of them all!")
Things to consider
The following is a list of things to consider, both when nominating and voting on an article
- Quality and completeness of the article: Does the article sufficiently cover the topic at hand? Is it comprehensible and easy to follow? Are images used effectively and not excessively? Is the article lacking in grammar and spelling errors?
- Relevance to Smash: Is the article directly related to the Smash series, or is it more tangential?
- Requirements: Does the article have a sufficiently lengthy opening paragraph that it will fill out the featured article space on the main page? Does the article have an identifying image to accompany this description? Has the article been featured before (we do not accept articles that have already been featured)?
How to request that an article be featured
To propose an article be featured, please do the following:
- Create a heading under "Proposed featured articles" that looks like this: ===Article Name===, where "Article Name" is the full name of the article you believe is worthy of being labeled as a featured article.
- Briefly explain why this article merits featured article status.
- Be sure to sign your proposition with ~~~~
Proposed Featured Articles
Not entirely sure if these are being taken right now, but I believe K. Rool's article is among the most complete of Ultimate's cast so far and serves as an example as to how they should look overall. Substantial amounts of info and an a complete movelist (bar Final Smash) with in-depth analysis all around. Not one notable player lacks a page, either. The special pages, especially Crownerang, are extremely detailed and perfectly explain the moves in question. In addition, there are many pages such as Crown sliding with large amounts of detail as well. Being an SSBU Character page, it's as relevant as it can get to Smash, and it seems to have a sufficient opening paragraph. Thus it appears to fulfill all the requirements for a page to be featured on the wiki, and is a representation of how dedicated the K. Rool playerbase is. After all, the ballot is partly what got him in!