Featured articles are considered to be the best articles on SmashWiki, as determined by our editors. Before being listed here, articles should be reviewed for accuracy, completeness, and style. A small, stylized Super Smash Bros. logo with a star on an article's page indicates that the article is featured, or has been featured in the past.
You can view all featured article snippets on SmashWiki:Featured content/Full.
Rules and regulations
- Feature articles will be chosen quarterly: on the first of January, April, July, and October.
New suggestions may not be added in the month leading up to the next featured article (e.g. no suggestions in December because it's a month before January).
- Feature articles will be chosen based on vote count alone. The initial suggestion counts as one vote to the positive, and users may not therefore vote again.
- The article with the highest vote total (supports being +1, opposes being -1) will be chosen.
- In the event of a tie, an admin picks which article gets used.
- Suggestions expire:
- a year after they are given, should they not be chosen.
- quarterly if they have a score of less than 0.
- There may be no more than 10 suggestions at any one time.
Each user is limited to one suggestion per voting period.
- All suggestions will be archived when they pass or fail.
- All votes should be bolded or they will not be counted. (e.g. "support because this page is the greatest of them all!")
Things to consider
The following is a list of things to consider, both when nominating and voting on an article
- Quality and completeness of the article: Does the article sufficiently cover the topic at hand? Is it comprehensible and easy to follow? Are images used effectively and not excessively? Is the article lacking in grammar and spelling errors?
- Relevance to Smash: Is the article directly related to the Smash series, or is it more tangential?
- Requirements: Does the article have a sufficiently lengthy opening paragraph that it will fill out the featured article space on the main page? Does the article have an identifying image to accompany this description? Has the article been featured before (we do not accept articles that have already been featured)?
How to request that an article be featured
To propose an article be featured, please do the following:
- Create a heading under "Proposed featured articles" that looks like this: ===Article Name===, where "Article Name" is the full name of the article you believe is worthy of being labeled as a featured article.
- Briefly explain why this article merits featured article status.
- Be sure to sign your proposition with ~~~~
Proposed Featured Articles
- Support I will agree with Alex and after all, Jigglypuff's been here since the first game. Dragonfirebreath25 (talk) 23:46, 27 December 2017 (EST)
- Support I will agree with Alex because he spoke to me. --Unnamedgoon (talk) 18:34, 7 January 2018 (EST)
Yoshi is Mario's trusted sidekick in many Mario games and is the star of his own franchise. He loves to eat enemies and turn them into eggs. A great article in my favor and I love this dinosaur. Dragonfirebreath25 (talk) 22:59, 15 January 2018 (EST)
The King of the Koopas in the Mario franchise and archenemy of Mario. He can ride on his Koopa Clown Car, play sports and most of all... FIRE BREATH! A nice article for me. Dragonfirebreath25 (talk) 22:59, 15 January 2018 (EST)
Oppose. As the SW:FA page itself says, "articles should be reviewed for accuracy, completeness, and style." Being a page of a yet unreleased game, it misses the first two qualities at best. Nokii ε (T · C · L) 22:31, 28 June 2018 (EDT)
Oppose: The lack of completeness is probably the biggest problem for the obvious reason of that it's still in development. We don't know things like: if there will be more newcomers (and if so, who they are), if there will be more stages, etc. And the information we do know is subject to change. Not that the article is "bad", just not suitable for FA for now. VoqéoT 23:07, 28 June 2018 (EDT)
Bowser had the most changes out of every returning Melee veteran in the transition from Brawl to Smash 4, and even though he hasn’t been in many tournaments, he’s a great character to play as, so I think he should be given a shot at being featured! Speed48 20:26, 28 June 2018 (EDT)