Featured articles are considered to be the best articles on SmashWiki, as determined by our editors. Before being listed here, articles are reviewed at featured article candidates for accuracy, completeness, and style. A small, stylized Super Smash Bros. logo with a star on an article's page indicates that the article is featured, or has been featured in the past.
You can view all featured article snippets on SmashWiki:Featured content/Full.
Rules and regulations
- Feature articles will be chosen quarterly: on the first of January, April, July, and October.
- New suggestions may not be added in the month leading up to the next featured article (e.g. no suggestions in December because it's a month before January).
- Feature articles will be chosen based on vote count alone.
- The article with the highest vote total (supports being +1, opposes being -1) will be chosen.
- In the event of a tie, an admin picks which article gets used.
- Suggestions expire:
- a year after they are given, should they not be chosen.
- quarterly if they have a score of less than 0.
- There may be no more than 10 suggestions at any one time.
- Each user is limited to one suggestion per voting period.
- All suggestions will be archived when they pass or fail (see here).
- All votes should be bolded or they will not be counted. (e.g. "support because this page is the greatest of them all!")
Things to consider
The following is a list of things to consider, both when nominating and voting on an article
- Quality and completeness of the article: Does the article sufficiently cover the topic at hand? Is it comprehensible and easy to follow? Are images used effectively and not excessively? Is the article lacking in grammar and spelling errors?
- Relevance to Smash: Is the article directly related to the Smash series, or is it more tangential?
- Requirements: Does the article have a sufficiently lengthy opening paragraph that it will fill out the featured article space on the main page? Does the article have an identifying image to accompany this description? Has the article been featured before (we do not accept articles that have already been featured)?
How to request that an article be featured
To propose an article be featured, please do the following:
- Create a heading under "Proposed featured articles" that looks like this: ===Article Name===, where "Article Name" is the full name of the article you believe is worthy of being labeled as a featured article.
- Briefly explain why this article merits featured article status.
- Be sure to sign your proposition with ~~~~
Proposed Featured Articles
It really shows how a game designed to be non-competitive can become a competitive scene where people can win up to 15k, shows ups and downs of a important part of this Wiki, it also shows how much the competitive scene, and Smash Bros. as a whole advanced from its early days. That's including SmashWiki too. It is written in a way that many people wouldn't imagine doing, many people don't even think there was a platinum age. It also is written in long and informing paragraphs that definitly tells us a great our community is to put in that much time into one article. I can go on and on about how good this article is and how much it deserves to be featured, but i cannot make up your minds. You, and the rest of the SmashWiki community, will judge this article wisely Poultry(talk) the God-Slayer 10:53, 1 July 2016 (EDT)
- Weak support. A bit lengthy towards the end, but overall well-written and has just the right amount of images. Nyargleblargle (Contribs) 17:36, 2 July 2016 (EDT)
- Support per NB. BaconMaster 13:30, 7 July 2016 (EDT)
- Weak Oppose. Well-written, but do you think this would be interesting enough? I don't really think so. Dots (talk) The Blue 21:54, 8 July 2016 (EDT)
- Oppose. Featuring it will undoubtedly inflate Melee supremacists' egos. RickTommy 02:20, 1 February 2017 (EST)
- Support. This article is the most relevant to what is going on right now. My 2nd option would be stale-move-negation, but competitive melee is talked about more than any other options. How do you sign things??? —Preceding unsigned comment added by LCS (talk • contribs) 12:15, March 5, 2017 (EST)
A pretty well rounded and concise article. The intro paragraph is a little short but it could be buffed up a bit or I could always pull a sentence or two from the Brawl and Smash 4 sections. Serpent King 17:48, 1 October 2016 (EDT)
- Support: A nice article indeed for the wiki and I like it here! Dragonfirebreath25 (talk) 21:38, 1 October 2016 (EDT)
- Support. RickTommy 02:20, 1 February 2017 (EST)
- Support. This article has great potential of becoming featured. Dots (talk) The Quake 21:18, 3 March 2017 (EST)
This article was written with the same content as other featured Brawl fighter articles. Over the times more pics and other files were added to make the article more visually appealing. There are some red links to pages on standard attacks but many featured articles have that feature as well. ZeldaStarfoxfan2164 (talk) is made in America 01:16, 9 January 2017 (EST)
- Oppose: Well, it's strange to feature Brawl-related articles now that it's been a while since the game has been at the front of peoples' minds. RickTommy 02:20, 1 February 2017 (EST)