Featured articles are considered to be the best articles on SmashWiki, as determined by our editors. Before being listed here, articles should be reviewed for accuracy, completeness, and style. A small, stylized Super Smash Bros. logo with a star on an article's page indicates that the article is featured, or has been featured in the past.
You can view all featured article snippets on SmashWiki:Featured content/Full.
Rules and regulations
- Feature articles will be chosen quarterly: on the first of January, April, July, and October.
- New suggestions may not be added in the month leading up to the next featured article (e.g. no suggestions in December because it's a month before January).
- Feature articles will be chosen based on vote count alone. The initial suggestion counts as one vote to the positive, and users may not therefore vote again.
- The article with the highest vote total (supports being +1, opposes being -1) will be chosen.
- In the event of a tie, an admin picks which article gets used.
- Suggestions expire:
- a year after they are given, should they not be chosen.
- quarterly if they have a score of less than 0.
- There may be no more than 10 suggestions at any one time.
Each user is limited to one suggestion per voting period.
- All suggestions will be archived when they pass or fail.
- All votes should be bolded or they will not be counted. (e.g. "support because this page is the greatest of them all!")
Things to consider
The following is a list of things to consider, both when nominating and voting on an article
- Quality and completeness of the article: Does the article sufficiently cover the topic at hand? Is it comprehensible and easy to follow? Are images used effectively and not excessively? Is the article lacking in grammar and spelling errors?
- Relevance to Smash: Is the article directly related to the Smash series, or is it more tangential?
- Requirements: Does the article have a sufficiently lengthy opening paragraph that it will fill out the featured article space on the main page? Does the article have an identifying image to accompany this description? Has the article been featured before (we do not accept articles that have already been featured)?
How to request that an article be featured
To propose an article be featured, please do the following:
- Create a heading under "Proposed featured articles" that looks like this: ===Article Name===, where "Article Name" is the full name of the article you believe is worthy of being labeled as a featured article.
- Briefly explain why this article merits featured article status.
- Be sure to sign your proposition with ~~~~
Proposed Featured Articles
- Support. The pipes are broken! RickTommy 01:04, 22 June 2017 (EDT)
- Oppose Attributes section is marked for cleanup, and I fully agree: His up-tilt shoryuken isn't even mentioned directly from what I can tell. Looks like a Ryu main mostly wrote it since it does have too much in-depth on weaknesses to compensate for lack of strengths. Plus there are brackets ]] floating next to "air acceleration"; just fixed it. RobSir zx 03:56, 1 July 2017 (EDT)
- Oppose. Not at all concise enough. Nyargleblargle (Contribs) 15:47, 2 September 2017 (EDT)
- Oppose. It has potential but it needs to be shorten. MHStarCraft 21:44, 20 September 2017 (EDT)
- Support Very useful in the Home-Run Contest with Sandbag. Dragonfirebreath25 (talk) 11:48, 1 July 2017 (EDT)
- Support Even describes damage tables. ZeldaStarfoxfan2164 (talk) is a never lover boy 18:15, 5 August 2017 (EDT)
- Support Aidan, the Wandering Dragon Warrior 20:57, 1 September 2017 (EDT)
- Support. Solid detail and not too lengthy. Nyargleblargle (Contribs) 15:47, 2 September 2017 (EDT)
- Support. Good damage table and origin section. It's complete overall. --Meester Tweester (talk) 01:36, 20 September 2017 (EDT)
- Support. It has all the necessary details. MHStarCraft 02:03, 20 September 2017 (EDT)
- Support. I just feel like going with majority lol. Skittles03, the scummy fox main (talk) 23:49, 20 September 2017 (EDT)
From Jeff Manning to Xander Mobus, the announcer is the judge of every battle. He can tell the player when time is up, declare a winner, and even announce the character's name. Dragonfirebreath25 (talk) 11:48, 1 July 2017 (EDT)
- Oppose The article seems a little bloated with unneeded filler. 17:54, 3 September 2017 (EDT)
- Oppose Yeah I think this article has some unnecessary info. MHStarCraft 21:44, 20 September 2017 (EDT)
Great first paragraph and image for featuring, and the article is complete for lack of a better word. In every interation thus far and a rather zany part of smash gameplay. The star KO doesn't even break the 4th wall, mind you! RobSir zx 00:35, 12 July 2017 (EDT)
- Support Anyone can tell I absolutely love Screen KOs, I really think without them and Star KOs, Smash wouldn't be the same. Kirby's Crazy Appetite ~ 00:43, 12 July 2017 (EDT)
- Support I love Screen KOs! Smash won't be the same without that and we need it to keep the battle going. Dragonfirebreath25 (talk) 23:05, 27 July 2017 (EDT)
- Oppose Needs more explanation. ZeldaStarfoxfan2164 (talk) is bad for me 01:53, 28 July 2017 (EDT)
- Weak support. Trivia section is a bit long, but no real issues in layout or writing style. Nyargleblargle (Contribs) 15:47, 2 September 2017 (EDT)
- Support for being my favourite thing in the entire freaking game. Well, besides Yoshi. Black Vulpine of the Furry Nation. Furries make the Internets go! :3 03:00, 3 September 2017 (EDT)
- Support It's not too long, but it has most of the information needed for the article, in my opinion, so I'm voting for this one. --Mr. Loser (talk) 21:50, 6 September 2017 (EDT)
- Support. I wouldn't mind. MHStarCraft 02:03, 20 September 2017 (EDT)