Dark Pit charging and firing the Silver Bow in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.
|Article on Icaruspedia||Silver Bow|
When performed, Dark Pit fires an arrow of dark purple energy. In contrast to its counterpart, Silver Bow's arrows have a shorter range and are much harder to guide when fired, but have a slightly faster traveling speed, deal more damage, and possess higher knockback. This makes the arrows simpler to use and more effective for damage-racking and KOing at the cost of being easier to dodge and significantly less effective for edgeguarding. Like Palutena's Bow, it can be charged for approximately 2 seconds to increase its range and damage, and can be reversed or aimed upwards.
|Move List||Fires an arrow of darkness. Stronger than Pit's arrows, but they don't curve as much.|
Special Move customization was added in Super Smash Bros. 4. These are the variations:
|1. Silver Bow||2. Piercing Bow||3. Guiding Bow|
|"Fire an arrow of darkness. Stronger than Pit's arrows, but they don't curve as much."||"Fire a giant arrow that travels through foes. A powerful shot, but leaves you quite open."||"Fire a mystical arrow that can be easily controlled but is slower and less powerful."|
- Silver Bow: Default.
- Piercing Bow: Shots take longer to charge and cannot be controlled in the air, but they can pierce through opponents. They are also stronger: damage rises by 5-8%.
- Guiding Bow: Shots are weaker and slower (down by .5-1%), but they can be more easily controlled.
Piercing Bow being used in Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS
Guiding Bow being used in Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS
The Silver Bow appears in Kid Icarus: Uprising as a usable weapon. It is always Dark Pit's weapon as a non-playable character during land stages, starting with the final boss fight against him in Chapter 6.
Dark Pit's use of the Silver Bow to fire dark arrows, which the weapon did not do in Uprising, may be a reference to Dark Pit's appearances in flight stages in that game, namely the ones in Chapter 6 and Chapter 9. During those stages, Dark Pit wielded a First Blade, Pit's default weapon in Uprising and the most basic type of Blade; however, Dark Pit's version fired shots of darkness, unlike the player's version firing light shots.
Dark Pit charging the bow in Super Smash Bros. for Wii U.
Mewtwo dodges Dark Pit's arrow.
Dark Pit using Silver Bow as shown by the Move List in Ultimate.
Names in other languages
|Spanish||Arco de plata|
- If Kirby copies Silver Bow and uses the move at the end of his forward, back, or up throw, he will float in the air until he stops charging the move. This was fixed in version 1.0.5 for the 3DS.
- In Kid Icarus: Uprising, the Silver Bow fires green bolts of light, but in SSB4 it fires black and purple colored arrows, possibly to be in line with Dark Pit's "dark" motif and to be an antithesis to Pit's light-colored arrows.
- Ironically, the description for the Silver Bow in Kid Icarus: Uprising specifically emphasizes the bow's high fire rate and homing capabilities, while the version in Smash has low speed and little maneuverability.