So you finally noticed, huh?
Yeah, this was done a while back. All of the info seemed necessary to me, and I have a really hard time rewording it.
Somethings I need help on, you know? - 04:22, February 28, 2007 (GMT)
- 1 How do you find out the number of trophies?
- 2 Celebi
- 3 Smasher SSE trophies
- 4 Consensus About Trophy Descriptions on Fighter Info Pages
- 5 Confused
- 6 Backup for "Master Hand is just a kid"
- 7 Clarification for 'Question Mark' Trophy in Gallery
- 8 SSB4 Trophy Pages?
- 9 Third Party Trophies
- 10 Number of Trophies in SSB3DS?
- 11 Transparent Trophies
How do you find out the number of trophies?
I am currently working on the trophies section by getting pictures and the descriptions of them, but how do you found out the number? -- The Magnum Master 18:25, April 2, 2007 (GMT)
It claims Celebi has a 1 in 493 chance of showing up in Brawl. That might be true if all 493 Pokemon could appear from a Poke Ball, but they don't. There are only 30 or so.
My point is, Celebi may have a minuscule chance of appearing, but it's probably not 1-in-493. That's a logical fallacy. Thou Hath No Honor 19:09, 22 September 2008 (UTC)
I understand why that would seem false, but remember that out of the Pokemon that appear in Brawl inside Poke Balls, not each of them have an equal chance of appearing. When the developers were programming the odds of Celebi appearing, they used 1 in 493 because Celebi is just one of 493 different species of Pokemon, not because all 493 appear in the game. The other 492 in 493 chance it will be one of the other Pokemon programmed into the game.MetaSonic429 (talk) 18:35, 21 October 2008 (UTC)
Smasher SSE trophies
It's worth noting that trophies of SSE Smashers are MUCH larger than they are in their Trophy Gallery incarnations. They're actually closer to statues than they are to trophies. BlackMarioWe like Ike!Talk to me. 18:16, 15 March 2009 (UTC)
Consensus About Trophy Descriptions on Fighter Info Pages
Moved from User talk:RAN1 on 01:58, October 8, 2009 (UTC)
Ok, seeing how Miles reverted certain edits since they added Trophy Descriptions since we didn't have a consensus on this, I think we need to come to a decision about this... RAN1domchupunch!!99 21:25, October 5, 2009 (UTC)
- I'd say support, since Trophy Descriptions are related to the Fighter's info. Anyways, this way we won't have to go searching in the character pages or the badly-put-together Trophy List.RAN1domchupunch!!99 21:25, October 5, 2009 (UTC)
- TBH I don't care either way, I just wanted to make sure the community was behind it. Miles (talk) 02:23, October 8, 2009 (UTC)
I was wondering... what's with the titles of two games being below the character(or item)'s description in the Trophy Gallery (i.e, Sonic the Hedgehog(1991), Super Mario Bros.(1985), etc.)? I know the title on the top is that character(or item)'s debut game, but what about the title on the bottom? What's that for? 22.214.171.124 12:13, September 6, 2010 (UTC)
- It can mean a few things, such as most recent game, most notable game, game from which the most inspiration was used for their appearance in Smash Bros., and so on. Toomai Glittershine 12:48, September 6, 2010 (UTC)
I thought so. 126.96.36.199 18:28, September 6, 2010 (UTC)
Backup for "Master Hand is just a kid"
I noticed something in the Super Smash Bros. section of this article. The players turned to doll form. Any kid playing with figurines knows that it's so much more fun to use small plush dolls instead of trophy-type objects, since you can move the body parts and (to an extent) set up poses. Also, the two images of the Master Hand battle portray a normal kid's desk as the stage, throwing more evidence at us that Master Hand is a kid playing with toys. Should we acknowledge this in the article? Let me know. Troubleking 18:39, September 21, 2011
- I always thought that in SSB64, he is a child, but not a human child. As in he is still a hand that floats around, but a child-like hand. That doesn't mean he doesn't actually bring the dolls to life. In any case, the "child" theory is mentioned on Master Hand's article. Mr. Anon (talk) 17:44, 21 September 2011 (EDT)
Clarification for 'Question Mark' Trophy in Gallery
Read: "If one attempts to zoom into a Trophy in Brawl or Melee, a trophy with a question mark appears."
Does that caption refer to zooming in during gameplay (such as during a VS match or in Adventure Mode)? I haven't seen this happen whenever I view Trophies in the Trophy Gallery... I can't recall a time when I zoomed into Trophies during gameplay, so I'm unable to confirm this statement. Thanks in advance to whoever can assist with clarity. Fenyx4 (talk) 15:45, 18 June 2013 (EDT)
- I think it happens when you pause the game, but I'm too lazy to go and check. I know it definitely happens in Melee's Adventure Mode though. Scr7 15:49, 18 June 2013 (EDT)
SSB4 Trophy Pages?
Now that the Saria trophy got revealed, should we make a page saying "List of SSB4 trophies (The Legend of Zelda series)" page and put the Saria trophy but put "no description yet" for it? Also we could use the picture. Cherrim98Talk 18:27, 6 January 2014 (EST)
- I don't think it's worth it for just one. Yeah it'll happen eventually, but until then it'll be a rather pointless page. Toomai Glittershine The Brazen 18:36, 6 January 2014 (EST)
Third Party Trophies
According to the section In Super Smash Bros. 4, "With the reveal of a trophy depicting Ubisoft's Rayman in the Wii U version of Super Smash Bros. 4, the game marks the first time that third-party characters without a playable friend within the games can appear as trophies. " But the first one wasn't Wonder Red from The Wonderful 101? Dragon NJMB (talk) 20:49, 1 August 2014 (EDT)
- Wonderful 101 is not a third-party series. Berrenta (talk) 21:28, 1 August 2014 (EDT)
- But Platinum Games is not a second-party or even first-party for Nintendo. Dragon NJMB (talk) 02:39, 2 August 2014 (EDT)
Number of Trophies in SSB3DS?
I've been doing a bit of RE work in terms of the SSB3DS save, and after finding the trophy timestamp array it seems that the number of trophies is only 588 (obtainable in game? Maybe some are planned for the future, idk). I inserted the timestamps for the said 635 trophies, but only 588 were actually used. Strange. Pic of 588 Unlocked Trophies
- Uh, I have 682 in my game right now. How are you getting these balls numbers? Laikue (talk | contribs) 00:21, 21 January 2015 (EST)