better don't use a pic of Metal gear acid solid snake, because the solid snake in this game is a complete other one thatn in the regular games. this game takes place two years after metal gear solid 4
Media:Example.ogg When they said Snake didn't need guns in SSBB because of the kids playing. But there's a bunch of characters taht use guns. Zero suit samus, samus,Falco,Fox,Wolf. Why can't snake have a gun?--Malon girl5 (talk) 19:21, May 15, 2010 (UTC)
- They use fictional "laser" guns while Snake uses actual guns in his games. A real gun would be deem too violent to be allowed in a game such as Smash Brothers. Omega Tyrant 19:24, May 15, 2010 (UTC)
- Well, technically Nintendo's free to put whatever violence they want into their games to raise the rating from "T" to "M", but, yeah, lasers aren't considered violent as bullets, I think lasers falls under "fantasy violence". --HavocReaper'48`
- Well, i've actully seen snake use a gun(I think) while using his final smash.It shows him up on the screen, like peaches blossem backgound, and he users some kind of sniper rifle...--Malon girl5 (talk) 14:38, May 16, 2010 (UTC)
Can't argue with that... im a girl, what should I know about kinds of guns? But I do know( by palying 007) a gerneade launcher is not the same as a gun. It's like a sling shot. you can throw it, but you can use things to lauch it too. ok, case closed. No guns for snake.--Malon girl5 (talk) 18:30, May 16, 2010 (UTC)
- Oh yeah btw explosions are awesome!! the smart bomb is my fave item, and when i throw it, I yell you've/I've been spontaneously combusted!!!(yes, everytime,im serious.)--Malon girl5 (talk) 18:35, May 16, 2010 (UTC)
- Actually, the grenade launcher is in a way still a gun, because it still launches projectiles with gunpowder, but meh. It still makes explosions, so I guess they thought that was the main part. 184.108.40.206 15:02, August 30, 2010 (UTC)
This is pretty stupid considering the fact that lasers simply are more powerful than regular weapons and therefore would actually be more violent. Besides, I've seen plenty of games with "real" guns (Most likely without actually naming them) and T ratings. Of course these didn't include gore or anything, but brawl doesn't either. HeadManiac (talk) 21:45, July 19, 2010 (UTC)
Yeah, when you think about it, being fried by a laser does seem more violent than just being shot with a normal gun, but then again it would be easier to handwave the lasers as being non-lethal or something whereas with a gun it's like 'Oh nooo, that guy got shot and now there's blood!' (You know how the censors are... >.>) and it's less plausible if the ammo's all tranquiliser darts because it would be more like 'Wait, why are these guys at war but just making each other sleep repeatedly?' So, lasers let the developers get away with more action, although they don't really suit Snake all that well, so I guess that's why he just uses explosives. Except when he picks up a Ray Gun or Super Scope. 220.127.116.11 15:02, August 30, 2010 (UTC)
Snake's bio here seems really...long. 18.104.22.168 01:51, July 28, 2010 (UTC)
That's kind of to be expected from a series with as complicated a story as Metal Gear Solid's, although it IS pretty long... 22.214.171.124 15:02, August 30, 2010 (UTC)
Only M-rated fighter? In my country?
I noticed that the last sentence in the intro states that Snake's the only character from a series with M-rated entries to be in Super Smash Brothers. This isn't correct in Australia though, because for whatever reason, Metroid Prime Hunters is rated M over here. Is there anything that could be done to reflect this? Or is that part just based on the ESRB's rating? Thanks. 126.96.36.199 15:02, August 30, 2010 (UTC)
- First, your reply to the above discussion (the first one) wasn't really necessary, since no one had replied to it in a few months.
- Second, I wouldn't put too much stock in Australian ratings, since from what I hear they're as censor-obsessed over games as the Chinese are about the entire universe. While I don't think it's very important, I wouldn't see a problem with moving that sentence to the trivia section, with added text saying that Australia is an exception. Toomai Glittershine 16:23, August 30, 2010 (UTC)
- Okay, thanks for that. Sorry, I'm not too familiar with this wiki's rules. Also, I completely agree about Australia's censor-obsession. 188.8.131.52 08:29, August 31, 2010 (UTC)
- Is there a well-established, independent Metal Gear wiki anywhere? Not to my knowledge, there isn't. Miles (talk) 17:46, 11 July 2012 (EDT)
- So should someone take out the links to Metal Gear Wikia? ChuckNorris 08:34, 12 July 2012 (EDT)
- I tried to change the links to Metal Gear Wikia but the Solid Snake article appeared as not existent :S. Can anyone fix that? Dragon NJMB (talk) 04:17, 30 November 2014 (EST)
Similarity to Naked Snake section
We need need to give information on why Snake didn't appear in SSB4, so please don't delete the edit I made.