I think the names are sorta unnessasary. Are we only going to make names for these 6/7 because they were on YouTube? If we make a section for these, we have to add all of them, not just the ones on a freaking youtube video. User:Max2/Sig —Preceding unsigned comment added by Max2 (talk • contribs) 19:23, 31 March 2008 (UTC)
I know its weird but if we didnt they wouldnt know what we are talking about and this page needs a cleanup.Krakash 19:27, 31 March 2008 (UTC)
How do you, like, swap the movesets?184.108.40.206 02:17, 9 June 2008 (UTC)
A list of ones that work with no trouble would be nice, I suppose. 220.127.116.11 05:10, April 12, 2010 (UTC)
Roadkill's up special
"For unknown reasons when Roadkill uses his up special move it creates a golden Arwing in place of Sonic's Spring Jump."
Isn't it simply because every character has specific IDs for models/objects and things, and sonic happens to have the same ID for the spring as Fox happens to have for the Arwing? – SmiddleT 06:21, 25 July 2011 (EDT)
Ehh I am iffy on merging with disambiguation, but at the same time I do feel this does not warrant its own page...but at the SAME time, I think it should be mentioned somewhere...I think I have to go with
merge with Gameplay modification Serpent King 19:53, 28 June 2016 (EDT)
- Well, List of modification software is a poor page to begin with imo, and that's really the only other concept on the disambiguation page, and quite a different one at that. Perhaps Gameplay modification would be the better choice for the merge, but I still think it's worth taking a look at [[List of modification software and figuring out how to improve it. John PK SMAAAASH!! 21:05, 28 June 2016 (EDT)
Oppose merge, at least to pages already suggested. Content on page is too large and varied to allow for a seamless move on any other page.
As for keep/delete, I'll wait and see what other arguments can be presented. I'm erring towards keep, solely because I feel the information here is significant to keep for those that are interested in hacking.
Well, if we keep this page, then we should have to create pages for other types of mods, right? I've been thinking that perhaps it should be merged with File replacement instead of the first page I suggested to merge it with. I mean, File replacement covers pretty much every kind of mod already. John PK SMAAAASH!! 10:34, 29 June 2016 (EDT)
- By definition, "file replacement" involves the replacement of files being read by the game. To my knowledge, moveset swaps do not strictly have to involve replacing files, and can be done through the use of standard codes, whether via Action Replay, USB Gecko, Dolphin, yadda yadda. As such, file replacement is unlikely to be the best option for merging. It's like if we jammed Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection into the Nintendo Network page.
- Also, you claim that this page could lead to a precedent of creating further articles for "other types of mods". Can you elaborate on what "other types of mods" would consist of? And furthermore, can you explain why this precedent is something we should avoid pursuing?
- --- Monsieur Crow, Author Extraordinaire, 19:48, 29 June 2016 (EDT)
- *looks at linked pages I never knew we had* Okay, so maybe file replacement isn't the best choice for a merge. And maybe other types of mods should be covered individually like this page. Miles is the one who added the deletion tag and he has yet to contribute to this page, so perhaps you should ask him about it. If there's a good case for covering individual mods, I wouldn't be opposed to it, but I think it might be best if they were covered in a list format on a single page, I dunno. By "other types of mods," I mean things like altering a character's attributes such as air speed or the damage/knockback given in an attack, adding new song files to SSB4, and the stuff done via file replacement, such as replacing Ike with Cloud or replacing a stage. John PK SMAAAASH!! 22:12, 29 June 2016 (EDT)
If anything I think this, file replacement and possibly other pages could be merged in a single "small scale modifications" (title pending) page, basically covering single modification concepts as opposed to full mods like PM. Neutral overall. --Menshay (talk) 06:33, 30 June 2016 (EDT)
Strong support for the merge It's not notable it can be merged. TabuuandMasterCore 20:39, 30 June 2016 (EDT)
Leaning towards Oppose Why would we want to merge a good article? TabuuandMasterCore 18:24, 5 July 2016 (EDT)