Size change super jump
The size change super jump is a glitch in Super Smash Bros. Brawl. This glitch allows certain characters to perform a superjump. It is caused by a character changing size during a special move that provides significant momentum (commonly an up special move).
The glitch can easily be caused by using an applicable up special move into a Super Mushroom or Poison Mushroom; other causes include being hit by Lightning or having one's size returned to normal. The character will fly into the air until they hit a ceiling, at which time they will "float" there for several seconds. If no solid platforms are in the way, the character will go above the upper blast line, but not be KO'd or put in helpless.
Characters that gain a significant vertical distance
This is a list of characters that gain a large vertical distance from the size change super jump.
- King Dedede: Performed with Super Dedede Jump. The second-highest of the super jumps, taking Dedede from the bottom of Target Smash! Level 2 to just below the top of the screen.
- Pikachu: Performed with Quick Attack. Easily the highest super jump, taking Pikachu from the bottom of Target Smash! Level 2 to well above the upper blast line.
Other characters that can perform the glitch
These characters can perform the glitch but do not gain any significant vertical distance.
- Diddy Kong: Performed with Rocketbarrel Boost.
- Samus: Performed with Screw Attack.
- Sonic: Performed with Spring Jump.
- Toon Link: Performed with Spin Attack.