Corrin (SSBU)/Forward smash
From SmashWiki, the Super Smash Bros. wikiJump to navigationJump to search
- Forward smash's looping hits connect more reliably into its spear hitbox.
- Forward smash has more base knockback (35 → 40 (base and middle), 45 (tip)).
- The tipper deals more damage (15.2% → 16.7%) with no compensation on knockback, improving its KO potential.
- The tipper has gained a shieldstun multiplier of 1.6×, making it harder to punish.
- The tipper consists of two hitboxes instead of one, which cover a wider area (Y offset: 0u → -0.4u/0.4u, Z offset: 0u → 0.4u/-0.4u), making it less likely to whiff due to the z-axis.
- The spear, while attached to Corrin and causing him to experience hitlag alongside opponents hit, is programmed as its own object. This gives the hitboxes some unusual properties; they can clang with aerial attacks (akin to projectiles), and when shielded, the 0.67× hitlag reduction only applies to the opponent and not Corrin, making it comparatively less safe than other attacks (though this is partially compensated by its shieldstun multiplier).
- These properties do not apply to the charging hits, which are standard physical hitboxes.
- For the spear, the scripts only specify shieldstun multipliers for the ID 2 and 3 hitboxes, but they also apply to the ID 0 and 1 hitboxes due to a glitch.