Talk:List of commercials for the Super Smash Bros. series
Keep If we use this article to archive all the commercials for all the games in all the regions, with video links/embeds instead of just descriptions, I think it could end up useful. ♡FirstaLasto♥ 16:18, 17 March 2014 (EDT)
Change It Up
What if we went with FirstaLasto's idea? That seems logical to me. Instead of just focusing on one commercial, this page could be an archive of all the commercials (not trailers) for the Super Smash Bros. series. ChuckNorris 16:08, 19 March 2014 (EDT)
- This seems like the best approach to me. I would therefore suggest expanding the page and moving it to "List of Super Smash Bros. series commercials" or something like that. Miles (talk) 16:10, 19 March 2014 (EDT)
- We also probably don't need huge summaries like the one currently here. Maybe just some small unique trivia facts and notable mentions per video, since people can just watch them for a summary (its not like they're very long, like trying to watch the entire SSE plot, for example). Maybe air dates too, if that information is known. ♡FirstaLasto♥ 19:05, 19 March 2014 (EDT)
- I support the proposal being proposed by FirstaLasto, ChuckNorris, and Miles. DoctorPain99 20:02, 19 March 2014 (EDT)
- I agree with everyone else. ZeldaStarfoxfan2164 (talk) is made in America 21:16, 19 March 2014 (EDT)
- I guess I'll go with you guys on this one. Dots (talk) The Gordon Freeman 21:35, 19 March 2014 (EDT)
- Yeah, had a small feeling this was a better option. RoyboyX Talk 23:18, 19 March 2014 (EDT)
- Agree. --TheLegendaryKRB (talk) 23:20, 19 March 2014 (EDT)
So here is the thing...
This article is a mess. Here are a few proposals
- We take the latest commercial from each game and embed it, then list the others neatly underneath the video. This list should provide some form of identification (I.E. Japanese SSB64 Commercial).
- We keep the list format, but provide identifiable screen captures for each.
- We make a full blown table complete with the video's name (as on youtube), the commercial release day, and the area of release.
- Embedding one of the most famous per game seems most beneficial to me (the "So Happy Together" one for 64, for instance); I also agree that the links should be edited into something more readable. Miles (talk) 22:01, 7 May 2015 (EDT)
There's a commercial missing from this for the original game. It was broadcast in the UK, and it was focused around Pikachu, saying "he's cute" etc. The music then changed and the commercial said something along the lines of "Don't be fooled- he can deck an ape with a flick of his tail," and it cut away to in-game footage of Smash Bros. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find this commercial anywhere.
The Smash Bros Melee UK commercial is also missing (this one is easy to find)... and probably others.