Forum:List of Buffs & Nerfs discussion
The debate on this is hard to keep track of, as it's spread out over 4 different talk pages. I ask that you summarize your position on the matter here. The result of this discussion will apply to all 3 sets of pages.
For clarity, the pages in question are:
- List of buffs (SSBM)
- List of nerfs (SSBM)
- List of buffs (SSBB)
- List of nerfs (SSBB)
- List of buffs (SSB4)
- List of nerfs (SSB4)
- Vote here to support deleting all List of buffs/nerfs articles.
- Support Why bother having it when we already have it on every character page? Aidan, the Wandering Space Warrior 13:27, 23 November 2015 (EST)
- Yeah, it was about time this got resolved. I put on most the of deletion tags, so I think I should speak on this issue. I feel that all six of the pages in question should be deleted. If the pages are not deleted, they should be merged, but I still think they should be deleted.
- Here's why: The pages are redundant. All of the info is already on other pages, and is grouped with other relevant pieces of information. If you want to read about Falco's buffs and nerfs, why not just do it on his Brawl or SSB4 pages? From what I've seen, the character pages have a more complete version of the lists of buffs and nerfs. While merging the pages would be preferable to keeping the buffs and nerfs separate, to fix the problem of the the character pages being covering the buffs and nerfs more completely, we would have to essentially copy all of the "Changes from X game to Y game" sections of character pages and move them to the "List of buffs and nerfs (Game)" pages. Do I sound clear? Why is it necessary to have the same pieces of information on multiple pages? You could argue that having a "List of buffs and nerfs (Game)" makes the changes more accessible, but the "List of buffs/nerfs" pages are hard to find as it is, and when I'm looking for Falco's changes, chances are I'm not also looking for Ike's or any other character's changes.
- Now that I think about it, if we're going to keep the pages in any capacity, it would be better to have a "List of changes (Game)" rather than "List of buffs/nerfs (Game)". That way, things like the large "Changes from Melee to Brawl" section on the Brawl page could simply have a link to the new "Changes from Melee to Brawl page, which would include all of the character buffs and nerfs. The page would still be redundant and in my opinion unnecessary, but this would be a vast improvement over any alternative options. John PK SMAAAASH!! 13:40, 23 November 2015 (EST)
- Delete outright as soon as possible. 1. Duplication of information from the character articles. 2. Splitting up "these are the goods" from "these are the bads" doesn't really help comprehension, but simply merging the two into one page would result in a huge wad of text. 3. The pages are already faulty at best due to pretty much ignoring regional differences and revisional updates, and there's no good way to fit them in. Toomai Glittershine The Engineer 14:15, 23 November 2015 (EST)
- I was thinking of supporting merge, but after some thought, I support deletion. The pages by themselves are large and they pretty much generalize the changes, merging them together would create a lot of logistic issues, and would end up larger than the pre-split Brawl Minus page. Ganonmew, The Thankful Evil Clone 19:08, 23 November 2015 (EST)
- Delete: Yeah I am pretty much leaning towards this now, per Toomai. Serpent King 19:11, 23 November 2015 (EST)
- Vote here to support the merging of the 3 sets of List of buffs/nerfs articles to List of changes (SSB_) articles.
- Weak support. Fairly valuable resource and would be more convenient with merged pages. Nyargleblargle (Talk | Contribs) 13:24, 23 November 2015 (EST)
Oppose any action
- Vote here to keep these pages as is.
- oppose it useful for somebody who only played melee but just got brawl and he wants to know what happened to favorite characters Nintendofan1653 (talk) 14:14, 23 November 2015 (EST)