|Dates||August 4th-5th, 2012|
|Venue||Dave and Busters|
|Address/City||6010 Richmond Avenue|
|winners|| ESAM 1v1 |
Trela & Ally 2v2
Shaky Mid+Low Tier 1v1
Mr. Doom & Ally Mid+Low Tier 2v2
WHOBO 4 was a Super Smash Bros. Brawl national tournament held by Xyro on August 4-5, 2012. It is the 4th event in the WHOBO series. WHOBO 4 was the first American national to feature Meta Knight banned from both singles and doubles. Xyro intended for WHOBO 4 to be the last tournament in the WHOBO series and the last Brawl tournament he will ever host. Due to encouragement however, Xyro continued to host with two HOBO tournaments, WHOBO 5, and WHOBO MLG.
WHOBO 4 used the Unity Ruleset Version 2.1
General Gameplay Rules
- 3 Stocks
- 8 Minute Time Limit
- Items set to "Off" and "None"
- Pause set to "Off"
- Meta Knight is banned in both Singles and Doubles - in the event Meta Knight is used via random character select, the match shall be restarted on the same stage until Meta Knight is not present.
- All infinites and chain grabs are legal.
- There is a 50 Ledge Grab Limit for all characters. If a game goes to time and one player goes over the Ledge Grab Limit for their character, they will automatically lose the game. If both players exceed their Ledge Grab Limit, then this rule is ignored.
- The act of stalling is banned: stalling is intentionally making the game unplayable: Such as becoming invisible, continuing infinites, chain grabs, or uninterruptible moves past 300%, and reaching a position that your opponent can never reach you.
- Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
- If the Ledge Grab Limit does not declare one player the winner, the winner will be declared by what the game says in all situations, except for when players are presented with sudden death:
- In the event of a match going to time, the winner will be determined by who has less percent (stock difference still takes priority but will be shown in the results screen).
- If the match ends with both players dying at the same time (either coincidentally or via suicide move) or if time ran out with both players at equal percent, a one stock three minute rematch will be played on the same stage. For a tie-breaker match, a Ledge Grab Limit of 18 is used for all characters.
- Team Attack set to "On"
- Life stealing is allowed.
- In the event of a game reaching the time limit, if a single player on a team exceeds their Ledge Grab Limit, that team loses. If one or more players on both teams exceed their Ledge Grab Limit, then the Ledge Grab Limit rule is ignored.
- In the event of a game going to time and the Ledge Grab Limit can not determine a winner and both teams have an equal amount of combined stocks, then whichever team has a lower combined percent is declared the winner.
- If a player is using the character Pokémon Trainer, Lucario, or Sonic, either team may request that team colors be changed to make it easier to tell the difference between team players.
|Final Destination||Delfino Plaza|
|Lylat Cruise||Pokémon Stadium 2|
|Pokémon Stadium||Rainbow Cruise|
Mid+low tier singles
Low+mid tier doubles
|WHOBO 1 · WHOBO 2 · WHOBO 3 · WHOBO 4 · WHOBO 5 · WHOBO MLG|