Welcome to our wiki, and thank you for your contributions! There's a lot to do around here, so I hope you'll stay with us and make many more improvements.
- Read this first as it provides many great resources designed to help users get oriented with the wiki and become part of the community.
- Visit the recent changes to see what other people are editing right this minute, and where you can help.
- Questions? You can ask at the help desk or on the "discussion" page associated with each article, or post a message on my talk page!
- Need help? The community portal has an outline of the site, and pages to help you learn how to edit.
I'm really happy to have you here, and look forward to working with you!
instead of editing the same page multiple times in a row, use the Preview button to see how your edit will look like. It's next to the Save Page button. Try that, so you don't clog Recent Changes.
- Another reminder to please take it easy on those userpage edits. Instead, why don't you take a break from your userpage and help the wiki out? Berrenta (talk) 10:28, 13 January 2015 (EST)
You have made 33 edits to your userpage in the past 3 days, with only one mainspace edit to break it up. This is veering into probation territory. You should be doing two things:
- Use the preview button so you can make a small number of substantial edits instead of a large number of petty edits.
- Stop focusing on your userpage so much. We're here to be informative, not to be a funzone.
Alright, sorry about that. User:Ragnarok320 16:53, 14 January 2015 (EST)
Wow, another Roy fan!
Hey there! It's always awesome to see another Roy fan. I love this character to death. User:Ragnarok320 20:42, 9 April 2016 (EST)
Great to hear! I follow Roy's meta more than any other characters, and me along with other players of him have been trying our best to improve it. User:Ragnarok320 21:03, 9 April 2016 (EST)
- Yeah, most of my edits will mostly be for him and (to a lesser extent) the other fire emblem characters. Look forward to working with you. PS I used Roy in melee when I first began smash.KingRoy (talk) 08:34, 10 April 2016 (EDT)
- I can also tell by your competitive charts that you're good with all swordsmen. What's awesome is that I am also good with all swordsmen too!KingRoy (talk) 08:38, 10 April 2016 (EDT)
I'm sure you already know this, but I main Roy in every game he's in. And wow, I didn't notice until now that I can use about every swordsman pretty well, haha. User:Ragnarok320 11:05, 10 April 2016 (EST)
- Yeah, I also main him in the games he's in. Have his amiibo, and I realized a few months ago I was good with all swordsmen.KingRoy (talk) 14:08, 10 April 2016 (EDT)
You mean as in the box showing my mains and stuff? User:Ragnarok320 12:34, 17 April 2016 (EST)
- Yes, I would like it. May I add it while seeing how to make it?KingRoy (talk) 15:29, 20 April 2016 (EDT)
You can just go click on "edit this page" in my userpage and copy all the text that makes the userbox. It's pretty simple. User:Ragnarok320 19:59, 20 April 2016 (EST)
I have him 54th on my personal tier list, over Dr. Mario, Mii Swordfighter, Mii Gunner, and Jigglypuff, and under Mii Brawler. I'm curious to see why you don't think he is bottom 5, given his lack of representation and horrible sweetspot placements. Gold 21:50, 26 April 2016 (EDT)
Oh, boy. I could go on and on about this topic. But I'll first and foremost address your two points.
Lack of results: I'm honestly getting sick of hearing this. The problem Roy has is the he doesn't yet have a player that's dedicated to him like Ike or other characters do. He doesn't have results BECAUSE his playerbase is lacking, and we need to see more people pick him up and play him to his full potential. No one has done that yet in my honest opinion.
Horrible sweetspot placement: .....What? I'll agree the hilt mechanic can be a hindrance sometimes, but it's far from "horrible". It allows him to have more consistent killing ability than Marth, while being almost as strong while doing so.
If this hasn't changed your mind, I think we gotta take this conversation somewhere else. User:Ragnarok320 21:18, 26 April 2016 (EST)
- I'd really have to see more of him to believe that he has anything worth writing home about. I think his problem is his simplicity (i.e. pretty much everyone knows how to use him and will therefore know how to fight against him) and getting zoned out particularly easily, especially since the tip of his sword is far weaker than any other character's sword. That's all I'm going to add here. Gold 23:50, 26 April 2016 (EDT)
Alrighty, then. Sorry if I came off as rude. It's just tough having to hear this a lot as a Roy main.
As of your point regarding zoning, I think Roy definitely has the mobility to get past most of it. And I wouldn't call him simple, honestly. He's a hard character to master, and no one has used him to his full potential in top level yet. User:Ragnarok320 23:26, 26 April 2016 (EST)
- Oh there is one more thing (well 2 sorta). You are: a) not supposed to transclude templates in a signature (the Roy head), and b) not supposed to use mainspace images in signatures. Simply reupload File:RoyHeadSSB4-U.png as like RagnarokSig.png, then use that. Serpent King 19:59, 1 June 2016 (EDT)
- Aaaaah, I see. Apologies for any inconveniences. Ragnarok320, The Toa of Fire (talk) 15:46, 2 June 2016 (EST)
That's actually something I'm trying to aim for. I asked Serpent King on how to be able to help around here, and so far I'm just looking for stuff I can fix. Userspace editing is a really bad habit of mine that I'm trying to get rid of. Ragnarok320, The Toa of Fire (talk) 15:56, 2 June 2016 (EST)
- One more thing: Use colons (:) to indent your text. You use them at the beginning of your post and it will automatically indent for you. If you try to edit the page you'll see what I'm talking about. John PK SMAAAASH!! 17:07, 2 June 2016 (EDT)
- Oh, that's gonna come in handy. A million thanks for pointing that out. Ragnarok320, The Toa of Fire (talk) 16:12, 2 June 2016 (EST)
- Again, no problem. You can use more than one colon, like I just did, to further indent your post. That is highly preferred in situations where you are replying directly to a comment, like I am doing right now. John PK SMAAAASH!! 19:08, 2 June 2016 (EDT)
- Will do! I look forward to working with and getting to know you guys. Ragnarok320, The Toa of Fire (talk) 18:25, 2 June 2016 (EST)
We need to talk
Hey, I'm putting together some ideas for potential changes to SmashWiki's system that would greatly benefit some users, one of them being you. I know things got really rocky between us back in January, but I'd still like you to be the first to know about what I have in mind to see what you think. I remember you talking about hating how you never could get Rollback, and that's largely what I'm taking a look at. If you're interested in hearing more, my name's still Disaster Flare#6957 on Discord. I'll discuss it further with you there. Disaster Flare (talk) 13:56, June 18, 2020 (EDT)