First, please try to make all edits in one go. Multiple edits clog up the recent changes list, so pleases use the preview button instead of making multiple edits.
Second, please make sure that the players actually main those characters and not use them as a secondary/counterpick. Some examples that I had to revert:
- Dabuz only uses Palutena as an occasional counterpick. Even before the quarantine period, Dabuz has used Olimar and Rosalina at the majority of the tournaments he has attended.
- ANTi has stated many times that he has dropped Lucario. He has since switched to Snake.
- M2K is a Marth/Sheik player but usually uses Fox against Jigglypuff and Peach against Ice Climbers; they are less of a main and moreso a counterpick.
- Tweek rarely uses Pokémon Trainer now and instead has went back to Wario for most of his games. He only pulls out Pokémon Trainer as an occasional counterpick.
- ZeRo's a more tricky one since he hasn't attended many offline tournaments, but even then he does not main 5 characters. Taking a quick look at Smashdata, he mostly used Cloud and Mario.
- That was back in 2016, 4 years ago. His lineup changes consistently, but more recently he has mostly used Sheik and Marth with a Fox secondary. He hasn't touched Peach in a while either. CookiesCreme 16:29, August 1, 2020 (EDT)
Look, I gave you an explanation for M2K and ZeRo, yet you still add those in among some other inaccuracies. Not only that, by undoing PMJ's edits you are edit warring. Please stop. CookiesCreme 21:30, August 1, 2020 (EDT)
I should bring this up as well: just because someone said they played a character in a video or Tweet does not mean they actually used the character seriously in competitive play. Mew2king has never actually used Mewtwo seriously in any Melee tournament. CookiesCreme 11:29, August 2, 2020 (EDT)
Smasher mains and others
If you're confused about who qualifies as a character to add for smasher infoboxes, please try taking another look at the talk page messages above this one. And if you're still confused, maybe go take a look at our notability standards to get a better idea of what we want. That would be a far better alternative than edit warring, I reckon. Black Vulpine of the 🦊Furry Nation🐺. Furries make the internets go! :3 21:37, August 1, 2020 (EDT)
Please read what's linked above. DDee doesn't meet the guidelines for notability, and not everyone who has wins over top players online deserve to have a page. CookiesCreme 21:20, August 18, 2020 (EDT)
Just because a top player in one game has used a character in another does not make them a professional. For example, Plup hasn't played Brawl seriously at all so he shouldn't be considered a Marth professional. The same goes for players who play other characters in the same game, but not successfully (eg Maister's Pichu). Furthermore, we don't count Wi-Fi characters for professional status since it's a completely different metagame than offline. CookiesCreme 19:01, August 30, 2020 (EDT)
[[User:BlueFlash3604|<span style="color: blue;">'''BlueFlash3604'''</span>]][[File:BlueFlash3604 Signature1.png|20px]][[File:SheikHeadSSBM.png|20px]] [[User talk:BlueFlash3604|''<span style="color: blue;">talk</span>'']] (talk) 19:46, August 30, 2020 (EDT)
- Did you even click "treat signature as wikitext" box?. Also, It looks like its over the 255 character limit. S3AHAWK (talk) 19:48, August 30, 2020 (EDT)
Forgot to click that sorry. BlueFlash3604 19:58, August 30, 2020 (EDT)
Welcome to our wiki, and thank you for your contributions! There's a lot to do around here, so I hope you'll stay with us and make many more improvements.
- Read this first as it provides many great resources designed to help users get oriented with the wiki and become part of the community.
- Visit the recent changes to see what other people are editing right this minute, and where you can help.
- Questions? You can ask at the help desk or on the "discussion" page associated with each article, or post a message on my talk page!
- Need help? The community portal has an outline of the site, and pages to help you learn how to edit.
I'm really happy to have you here, and look forward to working with you!
Please don't add every character that top players may have used at some point; the characters that are listed for players are supposed to be their most notable ones. In addition, please don't add characters due to players using them in a non-tournament YouTube video. PokemonMasterJamal3 (talk) 12:49, November 1, 2020 (EST)
- An Iron Man is not the same as a normal bracket, plus his Luigi performed worse than his other characters. PokemonMasterJamal3 (talk) 15:21, November 1, 2020 (EST)
- That doesn't count.... Look man you have been spoken to about this multiple times, your edits keep getting reverted and you continue to do this anyway. This is a ban warning, please cease these edits. We only take most notable characters per players, a good rule of thumb being match wins without sandbagging. 15:23, November 1, 2020 (EST)