Talk:Smash Back Room
I was linked to this article from the Infinite Dimensional Cape, where the context suggested that the SBR was some kind of authority within the smash community. Thus, I would either like see this supposition explained and fleshed out in this article, or have the link removed; as I am currently not seeing the information needed for it's mention to be relevant or interesting. Zixor (talk) 19:23, 2 September 2008 (UTC)
- Um... The back room is the place where official tier lists are made. They're "only" the big official thing. FyreNWater - (Talk • Contributions ) 18:36, 3 September 2008 (UTC)
If this is true, then by all means, state and support this in the article. The current information is insufficient.
- I'm as flummoxed as anyone by the external link, and I agree that the SBR's authority should be fleshed out. Other relevant information would include its admission policies over the years and the impact of the April Fools list. – MaskedMarth (t c) 23:20, 18 November 2008 (UTC)
Is its jurisdiction worldwide or limited to North America? The language in the introduction speaks as though its authority is respected by the entire smash community, but its listed members are all either Americans or Canadians. Also I think other articles list Japan and possibly other regions as having a different tier list and using slightly different tournament rules. Honestly this seems indicative of a systemic incosistency as to the scope of this very wiki, when talking of the "smash community" -- is it talking only of the North American smash community, or is trying to cover all competitive smash worldwide? 220.127.116.11 17:25, 26 April 2014 (EDT)
- The SBRs covers the States and Canada, as well as the PAL regions. Difficulty communicating with the Japanese and Mexican communities keeps the SBRs from being representative of them however.
- And the wiki intends to covers the worldwide scope of competitive smash. There will be a primary focus on the english speaking parts of the community in mainspace articles, since we are an English wiki, though if something is significantly different in Japan or something (such as Fox's and Pit's much higher placement on their tier lists), it gets mentioned and explained in the articles as well. Omega Tyrant 17:51, 26 April 2014 (EDT)
- In that case I will clarify in this article that SBR's status as "smash government" is limited to certain regions. 18.104.22.168 15:47, 1 May 2014 (EDT)
I added some info of the smash 4 Backroom awhile back, but this needs some serious overhauling with the first tier list being introduced. I'm going to be making some redirects and uploading. If someone would be so kind as to add or rewrite outdated things, that'd be great. :RobSir zx 22:33, 2 February 2016 (EST)
Support, as nom.
- Weak support. Tied closely enough to SmashBoards that it makes sense. Nyargleblargle (Contribs) 18:56, 6 July 2017 (EDT)