Issue I have
I don't feel like we should be making conclusions about how good Ridley is. I mean, the game literally hasn't came out, and the meta even isn't a thing either. Plus, this doesn't appear on any other characters pages, so it's very out of place. --Penro 21:04, 14 June 2018 (EDT)
- ...and as soon as I post this, someone corrected it lol. Thanks to that person. --Penro 21:10, 14 June 2018 (EDT)
- If you were mentioning my changes, no problem. I went ahead to reword that entire attribute section to better feature what could be observed from gameplay, instead of just jumping to conclusions saying he is one of the better characters without any explanation. The previous attribute section also had heavy use of dramatic words, so I toned that down.
Ridley Final Smash
Anyone know how the knockback of this attack works. From what I see it just seems like if the victim is above a certain % they instantly die, but if they're not, they just take Meteor Smash-like knockback from it. It's kinda confusing me Kirby's Crazy Appetite ~ 03:13, 17 June 2018 (EDT)
The page states Meta Ridley is available as a costume despite not being in the costume list shown right above it. How do we know it is actually a costume rather than an Echo character or the like, maybe a boss or assist or something. I think saying it's an alt is jumping to conclusions without concrete proof (at least if there is, it's not linked there) – Qyzxf (talk) 14:17, 18 June 2018 (EDT)
- Hmm... I would adhere to Occam's razor for this one. Meta Ridley is clearly shown off in Ridley's trailer. There's a picture of him on Ridley's page on the official Ultimate site, and none of the other fighters have photos where they show off an Assist or Echo Fighter without the actual character of the page being in the photo as well. All info shown off suggests Meta Ridley's an alt, and to suggest he's anything else would be a stretch. What's unknown is why it wasn't in the demo. Nintendo101 (talk) 14:27, 18 June 2018 (EDT)
- I get why the assumption was made, it's very logical. The only reason I'm doubting it is because the demo already has 8 colorations like every other character, so I'd be surprised if they suddenly changed that. Additionally, to be fair Dark Pit was also shown before in Palutena's reveal trailer without any confirmations. – Qyzxf (talk) 14:44, 18 June 2018 (EDT)
- Considering Sakurai has claimed that the process of making Echo Fighters involves giving them unique taunts, and how Meta Ridley has the same exact down taunt as Ridley in Dark Samus's character video, it's impossible that he's an Echo Fighter. Likely, Meta Ridley is like Alph where the costume has their own announcer call and name, and this simply wasn't programmed in yet.188.8.131.52 19:18, 17 September 2018 (EDT)
Side special in the air
I've never seen Ridley do the side special in the air. How does it work? Does it have the same sweetspot and sourspot attributes? What if the opponent gets hit in the air with the sweetspot? -- 184.108.40.206 14:59, 9 August 2018 (EDT)
- You mean down special. Also, I haven't seen that myself so I'm unsure as well. Mexi (talk) 15:58, 9 August 2018 (EDT)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qY92GLGzR0Y at 1:30 in this Nintendo Treehouse footage, they refer to Ridley's neutral B as "Plasma Breath". should we take this as the move's name?
also, on a side note, I feel like the non-named specials should have articles already, just using placeholder names like "King K. Rool Up Special" --What could possibly go wrong? (talk) 10:47, 18 August 2018 (EDT)
Special Move Previews
Would it make sense to add the special move previews (like the custom move previews that we have on Smash 4's special move pages) to Ultimate's special move pages? There is a high quality rip of every single one on The Spriter's Resource. I know Ultimate doesn't have custom moves but I still think it would make sense to have it in each page anyway. 220.127.116.11 19:48, 20 December 2018 (EST)
8.0 Ridley Skewer "glitch"
I believe Skewer is not in a glitched state. After some labbing I realized that Ridley's skewer only has this "glitch" occur during the frames where a character has grab armor. Ridley's Skewer is a move that happens to have "hitgrab" properties like Terry's Buster Wolf and Isabelle's Fishing Rod, as the same apply to those characters to. It's not a glitch as much as just making the move consistent with other "grab" type moves.
The main purpose of this fix appears to be in place because of the infamous K Rool bury -> skewer combo that doubles/team battles often had, as Skewer no longer can skewer characters in bury animations like that and be reset. This is even consistent with characters BEING grabbed while Ridley skewers them. 18.104.22.168 01:56, July 1, 2020 (EDT)
- The nerf appears to have an unexpected benefit to Ridley, however. Down Thrown characters who tumble on a platform like Battlefield's and roll away still take the full damage of Skewer upon contact, but because the move does just enough flinch, it causes characters to tumble off the platform and are forced in the full tumble animation, which actually gives Ridley frame advantage, enough to dash attack, forward tilt, or down tilt. And because it's a tumble fall, Ridley still has his options for tech chases. A situational move, but this Skewer combo was already very situational as is, and Ridley has far more potential with this set up than before thanks to simply having frame advantage for once. 22.214.171.124 02:26, July 1, 2020 (EDT)
9.0 Ridley fix
Its seen as a universal nerf but its actually more a fix to Ridley's weird hitboxes that ultimately are better. Ridley's Flurry and Flurry Finish are now unable to clank ( VERY GOOD) meaning that moves have to actually reach Ridley himself to make him stop, meaning it could beat out a lot of panicked fast moves and certain projectiles. The landing Wing Blitz splash damage now only applies to grounded opponents, which seems like a nerf, however the old hitboxes actually interrupted each other and prevented the move from working properly. The landing move's splash actually has a pretty sizable strong knockback, which would never actually come into play before due to being interrupted by the aerial hitbox of the splash. Overall buffed 126.96.36.199 22:29, October 13, 2020 (EDT)
- As shown here https://twitter.com/5atez/status/1316475250998034432 the landing hitbox used to interrupt his meteor when using the move to guard ledge, but now that issue has been fixed 188.8.131.52 17:03, October 14, 2020 (EDT)