Is the main character of EarthBound Zero(Mother) Ness? I'm pretty sure the name Ness is never used in that game...but is it the same character?--Simna ibn Sind 05:46, February 5, 2007 (GMT)
- The Wikipedia article agrees (also, Talk:Ness (SSB)). Ninten was the main hero of Mother 1; Ness first starred in Earthbound/Mother 2. – MaskedMarth (t c) 14:50, February 5, 2007 (GMT)
Up and down smashes
- His up and down smashes' knockback were weakened considerably, now unable to KO except at very high damage percentages.
This nerf above is false, because in 64, those were not reliable K.O. moves, so i would have removed this nerf because i find that the knockback have not changed since 64 so can someone correct it? User:YoshiKong (talk) 17:07, 2 December 2014 (EST)
- Nope. Up and down smashes were significantly stronger in 64, even though they weren't always reliable. --Timson622222 (talk) 18:59, 3 December 2014 (EST)
I'm just wondering why Nihlus was removed from the list of notable Ness players. He isn't the best or anything, but isn't he supposed to be the best in Texas and semi-known? I'm pretty sure he isn't even the worst Ness on that list. I only bring it up because of how few Ness players there are to mention to begin with. 22.214.171.124 03:30, 28 February 2016 (EST)
- His page was removed today for lack of overall notability (AKA, no tourney results). Serpent King 03:43, 28 February 2016 (EST)
I don't know how wiki works so apologies if I'm messing up, I just wanted to say that I think it's unfair to remove my player page AND remove me from the notable player list when I do have results (17th at DIME 18 for example) and have a near 400 follower Twitch channel. I am indisputably a top 5 Ness player in the world and more well-known than half of the other notable players on the list considering I regularly commentate and play on TourneyLocator's stream on a weekly basis.
- Followers are irrelevant. Also prove that you are in the top 5 of Ness players. I have never heard of DIME, also, and it wasn't on your page, nor have I found any results in your name. Serpent King 01:06, 4 March 2016 (EST)
I have an entire page of Youtube results to my name, and as for proof of my top 5 status I encourage you to get into contact with Simna or VRud, the best and second best respectively, who will confirm that claim for you. I am ranked top 30 in Dallas - Fort Worth a region with Wobbles, Arc, Albert, etc. I have only been to Forte 3 and the DIME series in terms of nationals so my resume isn't lengthy, however I placed well at both and if the quantity of nationals one goes to determines their eligibility for this list than ApolloUK and Cogfist have no reason to be here as well.
Hello, a few months ago, the Ness main VRud has switched to Falco. My only evidence is that VRud's recent matches seen on https://www.youtube.com/user/SmashBrosMTL has VRud using Falco, and almost never using Ness anymore. I'm posting this because I'm pretty sure that if I move VRud to inactive, it will be undone due to a lack of evidence. My question is, do I need evidence to change this? Solareon (talk) 22:18, 15 May 2017 (EDT) Solareon