Talk:List of spirits (Mii series)
- It makes no sense to keep this page. Other series without fighters still have their own series symbol, but don't get their own spirit list pages (for example Nintendogs or Electroplankton). Qyzxf (talk) 19:21, 27 December 2018 (EST)
- Contrary to Qyzxf's comment, the Mii series is the only "non-fighter" series that has its own series symbol in the Spirit List (as seen here); Nintendogs and Electroplankton do not get their own series symbols in this list. Regardless of whether or not we think it's significant, Ultimate itself makes a distinction between the Mii series and other series in terms of spirits, so SmashWiki should reflect that. Therefore, I am also against the merging. --PeabodySam (talk) 23:56, 29 December 2018 (EST)
- I support the merge. Nobody even calls it a series. It wouldn't make sense to have Miis having their own series as the Mis are under the Smash series. Corrin Fan 19:47, 31 December 2018 (EST)
- That's just it, the Smash series spirits are the only series separating the Mii series from the unsorted spirits. Plus, as Peabody said before, the Mii series have their own symbol to distinguish them from the rest. I still say that I am still opposing the merge. Sonic, the Cheerful Speedster 20:34, 31 December 2018 (EST)
- I am opposing the merge. They are classified as their own series, and Mii Fighters gain the series boost from them as well. Besides, we are keeping the Monster Hunter music separate from the Other music, even though they're not officially classified as a separate category. X-Biaur19 (talk) 11:24, 15 January 2019 (EST)
One important note - despite the Mii Fighters being classified as Smash Bros. Series characters in-game, the 10% Primary Spirit boost from being the same series happens when the Mii series is matched up with the Mii Fighters, but not when the Smash series is.
(test the damage of Mario & Mii Brawler each with no spirits, then with Primid only, then with Dark Emperor only, all tests against the same spirit-less opponent. Primid provides the same boost to Mario and Mii Brawler, but Dark Emperor provides a notably larger boost to Mii Brawler than it does to Mario.)
This boost means that Mii Fighters are considered Mii characters internally (even if they are displayed as Smash Bros characters). Therefore, the Mii series does indeed have characters tied to it, so I am Opposed to the merger. --Snuffysam (talk) 16:13, 6 January 2019 (EST)
- I oppose the merge too. Notice how the Mii spirits got the big "MII" logo while the "Other series" spirits don't have a series symbol? And they are separated by the Smash original spirits? SeanWheeler (talk) 11:43, 7 January 2019 (EST)
- Same here. Even the Smash Ultimate official site lists the Mii series as its own series, so I am against the merging.
- I was hoping for the merge at first, (see above) but like Snuffysam said (also above) the series match boost works with the Mii spirits, and also (my thinking here now) the Brawler, Swordfighter and the Gunner are a different type of Mii than your average bowling one, so that's why the Mii Fighters are classified as Smash spirits. I'm going for keep it how it is. Lee (talk) 21:55, 19 January 2019 (EST)