Talk:Lakitu & Spinies
Merge Spiny to Lakitu [closed discussion]
EXTREMELY STRONG KEEP, only because spinys appear elsewhere in other games, are backround characters in previous ssb games, and because they continue to stay alive after/if you defeat lakitu. Kperfekt722 (talk) 07:25, 17 June 2008 (UTC)
- Strong Merge. Without the Spinies, Lakitu is worthless. They always work in pairs, almost never apart. And the AT is no exception. There's not even enough notable info to make a separate article. This is just a duplicate of Lakitu. - Gargomon251 (talk) 08:37, 17 June 2008 (UTC)
- Strong Merge Per Gargomon251. But the page should' be called "Lakitu and Spinies".
Spinies should be kept seperate as they are separate characters. That would be like merging Toad and Toadsworth.
MERGE Are you all kidding me?! I mean, really, without spinies, Lakitu is nothing! And without Lakitu aiming them, those slow moving Spinies wouldn't be a threat at all!
Nonsense to you all. For Spinys have been in the background of melee on mushroom kingdom and Lakitu was in both melee and N64 as a background character for peach's castle N64, yoshi's island in melee, and mushroom kingdom in melee. Because they share an assist trophy and are practically everywhere together it would be nice to merge. I say that they should merge and stay appart. 18.104.22.168 04:44, November 24, 2009 (UTC) Laikue
Merge Nothing to say that hasn't been said before other than how does an enemy being in the background of a couple stages make it notable for it's own page? Unknown the Hedgehog 20:52, 17 October 2010 (EDT)
I suggest that, at some point anyway, we split this: Lakitu and Spinies for the Assist Trophy, and Lakitu and Spiny for the Smash Run enemies. Toomai Glittershine The Xanthic 22:30, 17 July 2014 (EDT)
- Support Since we did something similar for Bullet Bills, which needed it, I have no objections. Berrenta (talk) 22:34, 17 July 2014 (EDT)
- Oppose, at least for now. As I explained on the Smash Run talk page, the enemy Spinies, like the AT ones, only exist as thrown by the Lakitu. If they show up separately in Smash Run, then I'd say split the two. Miles (talk) 22:38, 17 July 2014 (EDT)
- This page should be split, for sure.
- However, the Spiny enemy and Lakitu enemy pages stay together.
- SSB4 trophies use male pronouns. Have we ever had a Lakitu ever use any pronouns but male ones? I think it's a similar case to Yoshi in this regard. Miles (talk) 15:27, 25 November 2015 (EST)
- It's plural in Brawl and Melee though, and also this. ---Preceding unsigned comment added by a turkey! Or maybe DatNuttyKid. 15:37, 25 November 2015 (EST)
- There's also Lakilester, who's a dude. Smashedpotatoes (talk) 15:41, 25 November 2015 (EST)
- Well yeah but that's not evidence that Lakitus aren't an all-male species like Yoshi. Lulu is evidence for that, however. ---Preceding unsigned comment added by a turkey! Or maybe DatNuttyKid. 15:44, 25 November 2015 (EST)
- Also official booklet from original SMB refers to all Lakitus appearing as male http://legendsoflocalization.com/media/super-mario-bros/manuals/Super-Mario-Bros-Manual-US.pdf Smashedpotatoes (talk) 15:45, 25 November 2015 (EST)
Hmmm, and the other game bios and tattles and such on MarioWiki use male pronouns sometimes and "it" other times... I still think it takes priority for Smash purposes that the ones that have appeared in Smash use only plural (referring to the species) or male (referring to an individual). I guess you could change it to "Varies" for the infobox row, but I wouldn't say it's needed. I'm not overly concerned either way, though. Miles (talk) 15:46, 25 November 2015 (EST)
- I mean I doubt it's female (given that Lulu, who is the only female Lakitu I can think of, has a very specific appearance) but there's less evidence for it than there is that Pikachu's male, so.... ---Preceding unsigned comment added by a turkey! Or maybe DatNuttyKid. 15:47, 25 November 2015 (EST)
Move to Lakitu "&" Spinies?
Support I was not the editor who tagged the article in suggestion of such a move, but I don't see how it would be harmful to do so. Making that redirect would be very easy, and there is precedent to do so (see Kat & Ana.) Acgamer28 08:30, April 14, 2020 (EDT)