The "Impress your Friends Section" should be deleted. Reason: This is not an actual combo. Also The Edgeguard Technique section doesn't work that well. Please add extra. KoRoBeNiKi
I dont see why not...
- All of our little siblings use Kirby and spam Stone. :P But the notable players section is for professionals who have made tournament impact with Kirby (that's a laugh, I'm sure almost none of them have) or have escalated Kirby to relatively high levels of play. --Timson622222 (talk) 18:58, 14 November 2013 (EST)
Is Captain Pretzel even active anymore? User:Chitoge63
Is it really necessary
- Considering how Marth's page lists fourteen professionals and this page lists twelve professionals, I'm willing to bet most of this list is superfluous. I know little about competitive Melee, however, so I can't be a particularly good judge of who's notable or not (or whether or not they even use Kirby frequently enough in the first place).
- --- Monsieur Crow, Author Extraordinaire, 00:18, 23 March 2014 (EDT)
- Marth's page lists
1413 well-known professionals that have placed extremely well in tournament with him, or showed exceptional ability to perform against top professionals. This list details a bunch of vague, possibly pro-am, smashers who have probably played Kirby for a few months or a year and then dropped him or left the game, or just played him in friendlies, not in an actual tournament bracket. I'd look up each of these individual smashers right now to check their legitimacy but I'm occupied with other things at the moment. --Timson622222 (talk) 00:21, 23 March 2014 (EDT)
- Marth's page lists
Since SSB has international sections (such as Jousuke's DK) shouldnt the same happen for SSBM and SSBB and PM?
Why is Kirby low tier?
- The article explains it in detail, but to sum it up: he's too slow in terms of both movement and attack speed, plus he has poor reach, so he can't approach or combo very well at all. Pichu at least has decent speed and combo ability, although it can still be argued that Pichu's abysmal endurance makes it the worst character. By the way, please sign your comments with four tildes. Zyrac (talk) 11:19, 6 May 2015 (EDT)
- In addition, Kirby's KOing ability is also among the worst in the game (In a game where KOing protential is important) and his recovery is very predictable as well as his very light weight and floatiness makes him very easy to edge guard. He also has only one or two moves that are at least somewhat decent from of his mediocre moveset and even then I think Kirby is outclassed by half of the cast in Melee. Dots (talk) The Wii 11:47, 6 May 2015 (EDT)
How does this make sense
Kirby is supposedly the least viable character in the game, below Bowser and Pichu. Yet the latter two do not even have an advantageous matchup at all, while Kirby has two. So why was he placed below them? He may have bad comboing or whatever but his Smashes are pretty good. I'm just wondering why he isn't #24 or something. I really don't get it. Kirby's Crazy Appetite ~ 15:38, 22 August 2016 (EDT)
- "His Smashes are pretty good"
- "Forward smash has much more startup and ending lag, no longer being the fastest in the game, and the clean hit deals less damage (17% → 15%) and is drastically weaker, going from the strongest forward smash in Smash 64 to among the weakest in Melee. It also no longer deals extra shield damage."
- "A majority of Kirby's finishers suffer from poor range (such as his down smash) or have small sweetspots that make them unreliable (such as his Hammer and up smash)"
- 184.108.40.206 16:09, 22 August 2016 (EDT)
"Much more startup"
Uh no it doesn't have "much more", there's characters with worse start up.
Kirby is not a ranged character, and what about down smashes like Pichu's? Are those "reliable"? I'm sure Kirby's down smash has way more range than you think. And about that sweetspot, I land it all the time I use it, I know cause it makes a slash sound. So yeah, what a hard to land sweetspot. Eh, I guess i'll just ask the tier makers at this point. Kirby's Crazy Appetite ~ 16:23, 22 August 2016 (EDT)
- As a Kirby main, Kirby can't approach, Pichu has better mobility, Bowser, not quite sure. Smash Master 17:02, 22 August 2016 (EDT)
Regarding Final Cutter
So, right now there's a bullet point in here that says the following:
- Final Cutter can now grab edges while Kirby is facing away from the ledge. Additionally, the move consistently meteor smashes throughout its duration.
However, I was never able to grab the ledge while facing away from it in practice. Can someone show me where or how this is done? Otherwise, we might want to remove that little tidbit. --Fubaka (talk) 08:00, 1 November 2018 (EDT)